Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

What Iīve seen/heard Barkov has looked good in his two games so far. First game he was lost for a period or so but after getting his feet wet he made good things happen. The kid has incredible vision/hockey sense and makes those around him better. Not fast though, in fact seems to be on the borderline of being slow. Probably going to be an average skater at best but even with lackluster speed he seems to be always in the right place. Not going to fly past guys 1v1.

He re-tweaked his shoulder again, apparrently itīs not supposed be anything serious but either way doesnīt sound too good. Hasnīt played in the last 2 games.
Saqe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #22
burnitdown
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
I was at the pre-season game in Carolina vs Columbus last Wednesday and hardly noticed Lindholm at all. He lost every draw that I saw him take and lost most of the battles for pucks in the corners or along the boards.
According to the boxscore, Lindholm was 8/12 in the faceoff dot which is pretty impressive for a young guy. I'd still think there's some significant upside with him!
burnitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #23
Bezer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A little early but it seems this might be a pretty good draft class?
Bezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #24
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

My guess is Horvat gets sent back to the OHL this year, and if Booth can't start the year Shinkaruk takes his spot but barring a great 9 games sent back down, and the Canucks would expect both make the world juniors

Been very impressed with Nurse in the two Canucks/Oilers game, he would probably be good enough to be top 6 on the Oilers this year but I think it makes sense to send him down for another year, but if he continues to play like this I think he plays in the NHL next year
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #25
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Drouin's SO winner

https://vine.co/v/hru6l6VDqpD
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #26
TKB
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
My guess is Horvat gets sent back to the OHL this year, and if Booth can't start the year Shinkaruk takes his spot but barring a great 9 games sent back down, and the Canucks would expect both make the world juniors

Been very impressed with Nurse in the two Canucks/Oilers game, he would probably be good enough to be top 6 on the Oilers this year but I think it makes sense to send him down for another year, but if he continues to play like this I think he plays in the NHL next year
I agree, I wasn't so sure of him at the draft but man has he changed my mind. Looks to be a very solid prospect.
TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #27
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

How is jones looking?
EYE_Overstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #28
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

First Sabres game I watched was tonight, Ristolainen looked awesome. Very composed for an 18 year old. Lots of competition in the lower D positions, but I'd rather have him there than some schlub like McBain.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #29
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I thought he had committed to his SEL team?
Haven't seen anything about that. The brass at the 'Canes seem to be quite set on him making the big squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Wouldnt that just steam Jordan's balls after leaving the Penguins for a better shot at 2nd line minutes.
Haha, right back to the 3rd line? I can't imagine he'll jump for joy. At least he gets to spend quality time after the game with big bro... right?
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #30
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
First Sabres game I watched was tonight, Ristolainen looked awesome. Very composed for an 18 year old. Lots of competition in the lower D positions, but I'd rather have him there than some schlub like McBain.
Damned Mendoza....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #31
HockeyInTheHimalayas
Lifetime Suspension

Drouin is being tried out at the center position in Tampa.
In the 2 exhibition games he's played, he's played with Brett Connoly, Namestnikov, and a bit with Purcell.
He has yet to play with the big guns as Stamkos centers Malone and St.Louis.

Drouin has apparently been overly flashy in camp, and according to one article, Tampa's coach said some of the stuff he's done in camp is "jaw dropping". However they advised not to try to play too much according to what he perceives expectations are of him (ie. Dangling machine). However, as he adjusts to his new position, Drouin hasn't been exceptional in any of the exhibition games yet ( 0 pts in regulation, but he did score the shootout winner against Florida). He did show chemistry with Kucherov in the rookie tourney and the article below says Rob Zettler thought the two were at some timea "magical".

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ookie-tourney/

Last edited by HockeyInTheHimalayas; 09-23-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: linemates info
HockeyInTheHimalayas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #32
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Seth Jones with 23:26 against the NYI. More Time than Ellis and Josi.
EYE_Overstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #33
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any points / +/- ?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #34
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Haven't seen anything about that. The brass at the 'Canes seem to be quite set on him making the big squad
I seem to recall that he made a similar request as to what Nikushkin did, and that was if he wasn't going to play in the NHL, he wanted to play in Europe.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #35
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
He is having a good camp. He will be sent back to the OHL this year to get more experience and add some more weight/grow into his body. He should also be on the World Junior team this year.
Lets hope the Oilers promote him as soon as possible so he can sign that 7 year $6 million/season contract MacT already has written up for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGenius View Post
Haha, he's getting more airtime on he Team 1040 than Luongo, Kesler and Torts...it's quite a amazing!

I hope he continues to shine and makes the team out of camp... Then, about game 10 or so... Turns into an entitled floater!!
He was terrible against the Oilers on the weekend. Hard to imagine him playing more than 9 games this season for the Canucks.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #36
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Any points / +/- ?
Even, with 1 SOG.
FBI
Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #37
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

So is Jones going to stay up?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #38
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched a Kevin Dineen interview (Florida), and he says that they've kept Barkov out of a lot of things because he just came off a long shoulder injury and I guess had felt something there again, but should play onThursday again. Not being with NHL squad doesn't sound like an option at all.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #39
Walter Reed
First Line Centre

Exp:

In the 2 Canuck games I've seen, Shinkaruk looked quite good. He reminds me of a faster skating Corey Perry, a somewhat agitating player with very good hands.

IKTHUS

Last edited by Walter Reed; 09-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Walter Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Except that Perry is 6'2" and 210+ and Shinkaruk is what 5'10" and maybe 180. With that size he is a total perimeter player compared to Perry.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote