Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #141
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a great game last night. Hiller giveth and he taketh away!

Thought both teams were really good and since Chicago deserved that extra point when Backlund beat them I'm ok with them winning last night.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. My son is a big Devils fan and its going to be fun watching the game together.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #142
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

We've all been fairly cautious in terms of where our belief level in this team is, but what we saw last night is a pretty good indication of where this team is.

They traded punches with a team thats way above their weight class.

There were some inexperienced mistakes and some poor goals allowed, but this team isnt at the point where these kinds of things are unacceptable or unexpected.

Not to mention, an experienced team wouldnt get into a run-and-gun competition against Chicago.

They're going to make mistakes, they're going to have off nights. Overall I think we should be pretty pleased especially when you consider the guys that are out and the fact that they're coming off a huge game against Anaheim.

Its also important when you consider the level of expectations for both teams.

The Hawks are among a small group of teams that are gunning for a cup. They're not just contenders, they're favourites.

The Flames? Decimated by injuries but buoyed by youthful exuberance, but we're not even sure they're going to make the playoffs.

All in all though, that was a hell of a game. I remember seeing Flames teams go down 2-0 and fold like a cheap tent, these guys got their asses off the mat and came back swinging.

And, if nothing else, thats a huge positive.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #143
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
We've all been fairly cautious in terms of where our belief level in this team is, but what we saw last night is a pretty good indication of where this team is.

They traded punches with a team thats way above their weight class.

There were some inexperienced mistakes and some poor goals allowed, but this team isnt at the point where these kinds of things are unacceptable or unexpected.

Not to mention, an experienced team wouldnt get into a run-and-gun competition against Chicago.

They're going to make mistakes, they're going to have off nights. Overall I think we should be pretty pleased especially when you consider the guys that are out and the fact that they're coming off a huge game against Anaheim.

Its also important when you consider the level of expectations for both teams.

The Hawks are among a small group of teams that are gunning for a cup. They're not just contenders, they're favourites.

The Flames? Decimated by injuries but buoyed by youthful exuberance, but we're not even sure they're going to make the playoffs.

All in all though, that was a hell of a game. I remember seeing Flames teams go down 2-0 and fold like a cheap tent, these guys got their asses off the mat and came back swinging.

And, if nothing else, thats a huge positive.
This is how I felt too... both Anahaim and Chicago, back to back... we won one (close), and were close on the other. Besides the fact that I can't believe a no name, undrafted prospect is one of our key players who was on the ice with a few seconds left in the game last night (Josh Jooris) - everything they've done so far for this first quarter of the season shows they do, in fact, go toe to toe with the best in the NHL and they are almost equal. So far anyways..... the 2nd quarter will be very telling. They've made a believer out of me that they are no fluke, but that 2nd quarter (the dog days of the NHL) really seperates the men from the boy's, so we'll see how that goes. They are no fluke though; consistancy though, will be a different thing, which is what we'll see the next quarter.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #144
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
You just hatin because he makes the Blazers frustrated when he shuts them down. Now he's out in Alberta that's not as big of problem.
It's because he's an angry giant pylon
Old 11-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #145
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Everybody's saying the same thing, all around the league. From what I read the other day, there isn't a single team with an NHL-ready defenceman that they're willing to trade.

That wouldn't help this year.

Very nice. What site do you use for those kinds of stats?
War-on-ice.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #146
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Jooris has made me all but forget backlund even plays for Calgary.

Goes back to my point about Backlund not being an offensive threat, it changes how you play against him.
He hasn't made me forget Backlund, but - so far - Jooris is looking like a legit bottom 6 C.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #147
aedge
Farm Team Player

Exp:

If backs is your bottom six center that's the center depth we never had in the iggy era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #148
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe it didn't register when the other months old topics you bumped got locked, but you would perhaps be better served by finding more recent topics to make your posts in, rather than bumping two month old practice threads and post game threads.

Also, adjust your Tapatalk settings. No one cares what you're posting with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread