Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #61
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roger Millions@RogMillions

#Flames Prob Lines. Cammalleri-Tanguay Iginla-Cervenka Stajan Hudler-Glencross Backlund Stempniak-Begin Jones Comeau- Tim Jackman Out.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #62
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Glencross Backlund Stempniak

That could end up being a dynamite line.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #63
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post

Calgary really miss Cammalleri and Iginla... Totalling 3 even strength assists in 6 games..
Hartley needs to understand and accept that Cammalleri and Iginla aren't his top line players. Guys like Cervenka, Hudler, and Backlund are all deserving and should be getting top line minutes.

Backlund, who continually creates scoring chances, sit at less then one minute of powerplay time per game.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #64
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cammalleri looks like the slowest player on the team right now. Strange to watch
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #65
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

This team is better than their record dictates, but can they finally turn that effort into wins? I think so IF the following happens:

1.) Officiating - I rarely complain about officiating because I think it's a lame cop out excuse, but I'd be lying if I didn't say Detroit definitely gets preferential treatment, especially at home.

2.) Kipper - We don't need him to stand on his head, but if he can play decent, and keep the soft goals to a minimum, should be good enough to win.

3.) Iggy/Cammy - These guys need to get going. Our secondary scoring has been very good, but we need the big guys to start performing if we want to string some wins together.

I think it all comes together tonight. 3-1 Flames. Goals by Cammy, Stempniak, Stajan.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #66
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Hartley needs to understand and accept that Cammalleri and Iginla aren't his top line players. Guys like Cervenka, Hudler, and Backlund are all deserving and should be getting top line minutes.

Backlund, who continually creates scoring chances, sit at less then one minute of powerplay time per game.
if only it were that simple to institute that pure meritocracy (god I hate that word). unfortunately, cap hit and egos will always get in the way, and they're more worried about keeping those high priced guys happy than adjusting ice time strictly on corsi.

Duha said this morning that Cammy will likely be more effective on the top line simply because he feels that's where he should be. it's just going to be the way it is until the older guys retire, trade/sign somewhere else, or re-sign here with cheaper contracts.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #67
AR_Six
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Give it about eight more games and then evaluate that Cervenka / Stajan / Hudler line, because if it ends up looking like a passable NHL 2nd line after that sample size of games, then the Flames have pulled off a huge coup because I honestly couldn't have fathomed Stajan being a useful player like that prior to the season starting.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #68
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post

I don't disagree with your point. I think a more even distribution of icetime would be appropriate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #69
SofaProfessor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I sincerely hope they roll those top three lines pretty evenly tonight. Unless Cammy and Iggy start producing, they don't deserve a second more in ice time than the two lines waiting behind them.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #70
Samiz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I swear, if we play another game where "we do so well, clearly the better team on the ice" and lose, I'm gonna punch a wall in
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samiz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #71
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiz View Post
I swear, if we play another game where "we do so well, clearly the better team on the ice" and lose, I'm gonna punch a wall in
there will be much consternation if that happens
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #72
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Roger Millions@RogMillions

#Flames Prob Lines. Cammalleri-Tanguay Iginla-Cervenka Stajan Hudler-Glencross Backlund Stempniak-Begin Jones Comeau- Tim Jackman Out.
Who sits on D? Fingers crossed it's Butler. Not that he played horrible last game, but I feel less nervous with him in the pressbox.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #73
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

I predict the Flames come out with an effort much like the Chicago game. Flames win 4-1 with Hudler putting in 2, Iginla with his first and Bouwmeester with another.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #74
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Who sits on D? Fingers crossed it's Butler. Not that he played horrible last game, but I feel less nervous with him in the pressbox.
Roger Millions @RogMillions
Looks like Flames will go with same D as sat. Giordano Bouwmeester-brodie Wideman-Butler Smith..Kipper again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #75
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

3-2 Flames.

Iginla
Hudler
Backlund
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #76
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Flames showcase Butler and he plays lights-out

Detroit immediately offers Fillpula straight up

Flames say no
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #77
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Just noticed that Flames PK is at 68% and Detroit is at 71%. Dreadful, 29th and 28th in the NHL.

Goals against per game, Calgary is 27th, Detroit is 22nd.

5 v. 5 gf/ga. ratio Calgary is 27th and Detroit is 9th.

No newsflash, but the Flames, starting tonight need their top guys to be at their best for this roadtrip or the Flames will further diminish their playoff hopes.
All of these are pretty much direct results of Kipper's save percentage.
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #78
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

No Holmstrom or Lidstrom. What is there to be afraid of?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #79
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Glencross Backlund Stempniak

That could end up being a dynamite line.
This is a line that Hartley needs to keep together and start matching up against other team's best lines. Those three guys are our three best puck possession players and they showed obvious chemistry against Chicago. They basically dominated play every time they were on the ice. It's a good fit as Backlund doesn't look like he'll ever be a good finisher at the NHL level, but he is a solid playmaker and fits well with two guys who can score.

The Flames desperately need a line that can face top lines and manage to control the play in the offensive zone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayP For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #80
AR_Six
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
It's a good fit as Backlund doesn't look like he'll ever be a good finisher at the NHL level
That's a bit harsh, no? Maybe he's not a future #1C, but no chance he'll be a good finisher? I don't know about that.
Closed Thread

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin