Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #5881
Demetric
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Brouwer come onnnnn downnnn!
The first captain of the Las Vegas Golden Knights

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM   #5882
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's going to be a tough day for smany teams when the draft is announced as some are going to lose pretty good players. If the Golden Knights were to take Brouwer off the Flames hands it would be like Christmas in the summer as freeing up his $4 million could make things much easier in rounding out the blue line.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM   #5883
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Vegas picks up Raanta, I would give our 1st rounder for him and the Vegas 2nd round pick. Then the Flames could swing for the fences with a high risk, high reward pick like Ostap Safin in the 2nd round.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #5884
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Bob McKenzie saying Coyotes going hard after Stepan.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #5885
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
as long as it isn't us.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #5886
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Playing off 960 today, I wonder what Jersey would want for Schneider. They are going to have to do a complete rebuild, so they don't need him.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 PM   #5887
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Who fits this bill from the Yotes?

@NYP_Brooksie
Unless NYR get no doubt first-pair right D for Stepan, would not make deal. Already have 2d pair guy in Smith if they will pay market $.

Chychrun & OEL are both LHD, but I can't see either being entertained for Stepan tbh.

Last edited by Love; 06-16-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #5888
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Here's hoping all possible trades for yet another goalie end up going nowhere for the Flames. Otherwise, we are going to acquire yet another goaltender only to realize yet again that the problem lies elsewhere. And there are absolutely no deals or hidden gems for the Flames to find right now. Those great finds don't happen in June or July. Stick with Elliot and Johnson - who frankly backstopped a mediocre team with its best players playing below potential for significant stretches of the season - into the playoffs.

In other words there is no rush. We should be able to get off to a better start and continue to build from within.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #5889
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Here's hoping all possible trades for yet another goalie end up going nowhere for the Flames. Otherwise, we are going to acquire yet another goaltender only to realize yet again that the problem lies elsewhere. And there are absolutely no deals or hidden gems for the Flames to find right now. Those great finds don't happen in June or July. Stick with Elliot and Johnson - who frankly backstopped a mediocre team with its best players playing below potential for significant stretches of the season - into the playoffs.

I agree with this, we are not ready to contend yet and our goalie coach sucks, so no point in wasting assists on goaltending, right now.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #5890
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Playing off 960 today, I wonder what Jersey would want for Schneider. They are going to have to do a complete rebuild, so they don't need him.
I'm guessing they would want Bennett. The purpose of trading Schneider would be to help with the young talent pool. They'd also probably want Gillies as a potential starter down the road.
Calgary might also have to throw in the first round pick or Frolik.

Schneider's salary might make things a bit more complicated. The Flames might need to send some money the other way.

Calgary would have to overpay to get Schneider. Would it be worth it? Yeah, I think so. He would make a gigantic difference in terms of team success.

Bennett
Gillies
2017 or 2018 First Round Pick

Schneider

Yes, this is a lot to pay. But the Flames would have to pry Schneider out of there.
I could also see Frolik being offered, to make the salaries even out.

Bennett
Frolik (modified NTC)
Gillies

Schneider

The Flames' top 6 would be quite a bit weaker without Frolik and Bennett. However, they would likely still have enough cap space to sign a top 6 winger in free agency. With Versteeg re-signed, the Flames might be okay.

I could be (and probably am) completely off, I'm just kicking off some actual trade proposal ideas.
I'm guessing a lot of people here would not want to part with Bennett, Gillies AND Frolik/1 Round Pick. But I highly doubt New Jersey would be willing to take anything less.

Last edited by 1qqaaz; 06-16-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #5891
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I'm guessing they would want Bennett. The purpose of trading Schneider would be to help with the young talent pool. They'd also probably want Gillies as a potential starter down the road.

Schneider's salary might make things a bit more complicated. The Flames might need to send some money the other way.

Calgary would have to overpay to get Schneider. Would it be worth it? Yeah, I think so. He would make a gigantic difference in terms of team success.

Bennett
Gillies

Schneider

Yes, this is a lot to pay. But the Flames would have to pry Schneider out of there.

Bennett
Frolik
Gillies

Schneider

The Flames' top 6 would be quite a bit weaker without Frolik and Bennett. However, they would likely still have enough cap space to sign a top 6 winger in free agency. With Versteeg re-signed, the Flames might be okay.

I could be (and probably am) completely off, I'm just kicking off some actual trade proposal ideas.
I'm guessing a lot of people here would not want to part with Bennett, Gillies AND Frolik/1 Round Pick
Where do you draw any where near this value for schnieder...
Old 06-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #5892
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Schneider was dealt for 9th OA straight up when he was 27.

Hes 4 years older and coming off a poor season.

If thats the cost I dont want him. 16th overall and a good prospect is enough.

That cost I would likely pay for an extended Carey Price but not for Schneider.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #5893
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Imagine even trading Bennett straight up for Schneider, let alone adding more assets lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #5894
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Devils have never stated they are tearing things down and rebuilding as they have Hall, Palmieri, Henrique, Severson, Zacha all under 30 and in their prime or up and coming. As a bonus they will likely draft a player first overall that may be a cornerstone player. They don't have a perfect roster by any means but I don't think that's a market that will embrace a tear down as the Devils will try to do this on the fly and they may be able to pull it off but not without Schneider.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:21 AM   #5895
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post

Bennett
Gillies

Schneider

Bennett
Frolik (modified NTC)
Gillies

Schneider

I'm guessing a lot of people here would not want to part with Bennett, Gillies AND Frolik/1 Round Pick. But I highly doubt New Jersey would be willing to take anything less.
Horrible trade proposal. Goalies don't hold as much value as you think. Especially one who is about to decline.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #5896
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Spoke with a GM yesterday who was guessing that Vegas already had 3 1st-RD picks in their back pocket with more picks to come before Wed
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #5897
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

6 hours until the trade freeze
Old 06-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #5898
Demetric
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
6 hours until the trade freeze
To disappointment you mean

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #5899
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if no trades happen today, this is still a going to be a good week with the awards, new jerseys, New Jersey new jerseys, expansion draft, draft and start to free agency close too.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #5900
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Spoke with a GM yesterday who was guessing that Vegas already had 3 1st-RD picks in their back pocket with more picks to come before Wed
CBJ and maybe ducks? They're going to have a bunch of solid prospects at the very least.
Closed Thread