Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2024, 07:01 AM   #481
Twitchy15
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Honestly, it's not altruistic. If my employees can't afford to live and are unhappy it completely fks my company, so I definitely don't need pats on the back.

I think most business owners are nicer people than they get credit for. We're generally not out to screw our staff. A. that's just the right thing to do, and B. it is actually to our benefit to be good to the people who work for us.

P.S. It's definitely private. Was public with CP discounts at one point until some a-hole gave my company a 1-star review saying 'the owner hates dogs; don't shop here' or something like that. Just a total clown move.
Nice you understand that, seems like most people don’t. If you treat your employees well and make them happy they would provide you and your business with better results!
Old 05-01-2024, 06:45 AM   #482
Twitchy15
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I think everyone is feeling the pinch it’s wild just how absolutely everything is going up and incomes don’t seem to quickly. My cost of living increase over the years has been 0% a few times and 1% a few times this year we got 2% but just doesn’t feel like enough.

Luckily we bought a house in 2017 because I can’t imagine trying to now. We bought a cheap house so financially we were doing pretty good. My wife makes an average income and mine may be slightly above average nothing to brag about. But we had been thinking of moving to a house that was a better fit for awhile. Last spring we had a baby and decided to move everything worked out great but financially costs have increased significantly.

Having a baby is expensive! House is older so needs work, higher utilities and higher property tax it all adds up quickly.