Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #501
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^^^^ God has Russell Brand let himself go...
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #502
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
You do realize that if they are (military) given an illegal order they have the right and should disobey that order, but since they have nukes and tanks we should just shut the hell up and let them do whatever they want right? How did that work out in Germany during the 30's-40's?

look I'm not saying there will be a civil war but what I am saying is that if the government has nothing to fear except not getting votes (especially our corrupt ass system) then they will do whatever they want. So lets say your dad was a great man, he commanded respect and would spank your backside if you did something wrong and that gave you the fear and respected him as the true authority. Now say your dad is a big puss that lets you walk all over him and doesn't do a dang thing about it, you would continue to do it because you have no fear from that man of doing anything to keep you in line.

Terrible argument and I'm sure someone will come in with some Pavlov or Freude stuff and blah blah blah this x country doesn't have guns and they don't have their government doing whatever they want to them... Crap
Considering that the whole Nazi's seized the guns to make it easier to round up the dissidents. The Nazi's did in fact use the Gun Registration laws that was put in place by previous governments but did not enact new legislation of their own. But there really wasn't all that much of a mass gun seizure that occured, that and the reporting of a speech by Hitler in 1935

This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

Didn't happen but was something that has been created and exaggerated over the years.

On top of that the conquering armies of Germany were able to round up Jews and other undesirables in Czech and other nations no matter how those citizens were armed. If anything that's a better illustration that a corrupt government with a powerful military doesn't really require gun control as they would have a pretty easy time with a armed but not really well equipped or trained citizen militia.

Make no mistake if the American government decided to instill marshal law, round up independent minded or undesirable citizens a citizen militia who's idea of training is shooting at abandoned cars while drinking beer isn't going to stand a chance 2nd amendment rights or not.

If this kind of action by the U.S. government was going to happen they would almost prefer that people have their guns because it becomes justification to peel back more rights and arrest people nilly nally for being part of an armed insurgency.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #503
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Spoiler!
I wonder how many welfare checks it will take to get the The Real American Liberal to update his site to a real domain instead of using blogspot?

Not that I mind ...I thought Obama wanted to decrease military spending... soon us fat rednecks will be able to take em... cause....

Last edited by nickerjones; 01-19-2013 at 11:54 PM.
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #504
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Spoiler!
I always lol so hard at that picture.

He has real guns.....
And plastic guitar hero guitars.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #505
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Considering putting armed guards in every American school is either going to cost tax dollars or be redirected from other school funding, I wonder if parents were given the choice between armed guards and a high-school football program what their priority would be?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #506
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
A tyranical goverment doesn't fear fat middle aged rednecks with guns, that's their power base, in fact if you want to keep the US compliant with absolutly anything, random invasions, evesdropping on any and all citizens without a warrent, unsactioned killings of citizens via predator, imprisonment without trial in some cuban craphole etc then just leave the aforementioned fat stupid rednecks with their guns and the dumb #######s will think they are free.

Hell you can get the dumb sons of bitches to go along with anything if you use the twin levers of racism and guns.
So I'm racist? fat? and a dumb son of a bitch?

Still bitter that you don't have your teeth and your glorious monarchy lost to a bunch of rednecks that gained it's freedom?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #507
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
The point is getting firearms off the street, no matter if they are legal or not. They work for the most part.
yes because Chicago, DC are so freaking safe aren't they? The issue is that the bad guys aren't the ones turning them in, it's someone that uses them to hunt or target shoot.

Yeah adding more laws is going to stop the shootings in Chicago wont it?

I don't get the irrational fear of guns here, they're dangerous but they're perfectly safe when people use them in the correctly but since some idiot has to go shoot people everyone gets all knee jerk reaction about it and act like the police and the government will stand right next to them to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Straight out of the NRA handbook.
I'm not in the NRA and for a group of people that hate the NRA so much you guys know so much about them. just like the Liberals on here and in the US that pull the FOX news is ######ed string because it doesn't fit your ideals

Again, since Americans are dumb rednecks I must of typed something along the lines of taking guns away and NRA but didn't see it on the screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
I'm not an expert in pre-war German firearms policy, but I figure you must be.

Can you explain to us, briefly or in detail, what exactly that policy was?

The suggestion seems to be that the Nazis "grabbed" everyone's guns, and took over.

The funny thing is though that shortly after that happened (whenever that was), those disarmed Germans were pretty goddamn dangerous.

When did the transition from "take away guns" to "arm the people and train them how to shoot" take place?
Well, I didn't say anything about taking guns away did I? I stated that the German people just allowed Hitler and his thugs to walk all over them with their political agenda. I didn't say guns were taken away

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
lol, soda.
lol, pop

seriously, some of you guys cant have a conversation without falling on the NRA is stupid, Americans are dumb, Obama is great, Fox is stupid, Bush is Hitler, guns have legs and kill people agendas.

I'm tired of it, you're no different than the idiots who are on the right that use religion and have nothing to say but "right out of NRA playbook" ####
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #508
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

you're so angry you're not even making much sense. I hope you don't plan on taking a loaded weapon out with you today, because I fear for anyone who might get into a small altercation with you. cuts you off in traffic or something like that.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #509
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

lol @ the meltdown

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=123780

Quote:
here is a thread to show everyone in the world how stupid, fat, lazy, blood thirsty Americans are as smugly as you possibly can!

Last edited by Pizza; 01-20-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #510
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
you're so angry you're not even making much sense. I hope you don't plan on taking a loaded weapon out with you today, because I fear for anyone who might get into a small altercation with you. cuts you off in traffic or something like that.
yeah because I'm upset means that I will go off and just shoot someone?

get a clue dude, that's the freaking point, with stupid accusations like this is what makes me upset
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #511
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goodness, that cross sure is getting a workout these days. Jesus is going to be very crowded up there.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #512
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
yeah because I'm upset means that I will go off and just shoot someone?

get a clue dude, that's the freaking point, with stupid accusations like this is what makes me upset
Knowing your current disposition right now I would not want to let my shopping cart accidently bump your car while in the Walmart parking lot.

Quote:
seriously, some of you guys cant have a conversation without falling on the NRA is stupid, Americans are dumb, Obama is great, Fox is stupid, Bush is Hitler, guns have legs and kill people agendas.

I'm tired of it, you're no different than the idiots who are on the right that use religion and have nothing to say but "right out of NRA playbook" ####
That was overdramatic, and I dont' see much of that in this thread at all.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #513
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Knowing your current disposition right now I would not want to let my shopping cart accidently bump your car while in the Walmart parking lot.

That was overdramatic, and I dont' see much of that in this thread at all.

LoL I wouldn't and not like that but thanks for assuming things ass hat
Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #514
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is entirely inappropriate
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #515
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
This is entirely inappropriate
He made fun of our teeth and the monarchy. that's serious business.

Quote:
Still bitter that you don't have your teeth and your glorious monarchy lost to a bunch of rednecks that gained it's freedom?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #516
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmmm, I hope a locks not on the way. I read this thread, but stay outta the arguments.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 01-20-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #517
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Bush is Hitler? PIMKing, you were the one that basically made a correlation between Nazi Germany and the American government.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #518
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So I'm racist? fat? and a dumb son of a bitch?

Actually I was making a general point about the average weight of the southern US not you in particular, but you miss the real point (or desperatly try to ignore it, not sure which), tyranny is always with the consent of the majority, Hitler was massively popular in Germany, Tyrants have a basic game plan, motivate the conservative lower middle and working class with an outside threat, be it the Jew or Muslims or whatever, they don't need to take americans guns away because americans will agree with the tyranny, will embrace it and go along with it.
In fact you guys already did as a responce to 9/11, you gave up your rights to privacy or habeus corpus without a whimper, the point about tyranny is it always directed at a minority, as long as you felt you wernt going to be sent to Gitmo you could care less who was.

Your guns are a sop, a pacifier to keep you happy and in the event of a real tyranny you and your guns will be used to hunt down and kill whichever poor #######s the tyranny uses to scare you into aquiesance, knowing the US this will historically be the blacks.

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 01-20-2013 at 01:12 PM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #519
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Actually I was making a general point about the average weight of the southern US not you in particular, but you miss the real point (or desperatly try to ignore it, not sure which), tyranny is always with the consent of the majority, Hitler was massively popular in Germany, Tyrants have a basic game plan, motivate the conservative lower middle and working class with an outside threat, be it the Jew or Muslims or whatever, they don't need to take americans guns away because americans will agree with the tyranny, will embrace it and go along with it.
In fact you guys already did as a responce to 9/11, you gave up your rights to privacy or habeus corpus without a whimper, the point about tyranny is it always directed at a minority, as long as you felt you wernt going to be sent to Gitmo you could care less who was.

Your guns are a sop, a pacifier to keep you happy and in the event of a real tyranny you and your guns will be used to hunt down and kill whichever poor #######s the tyranny uses to scare you into aquiesance, knowing the US this will historically be the blacks.
Its sad when political theory can be wrapped up by a line from Star Wars.

So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #520
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

919 people killed by guns in the US since Sandy Hook, including 14 kids. In 31 days. Yikes.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01...since-newtown/
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote