Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #21
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The P2P servers kind of killed it for me... especially for a game that requires some good timing and counter attacking. Was fun, might be a purchase when it's on sale
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #22
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
So what's everyone's thoughts on this now after trying the beta? I'm not a big fan of these P2P servers - saw quite a few d/c when someone hosting dropped out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
The P2P servers kind of killed it for me... especially for a game that requires some good timing and counter attacking. Was fun, might be a purchase when it's on sale

I played it quite a bit on Saturday and maybe I was just lucky but I didn't lag or dc once. I've switched over my pre-order from Sniper Elite 4 to For Honor since i believe SE4 will go on sale before For Honor does plus playing For Honor with friends is just pure unadulterated fun
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #23
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

$35 pre-order just shipped from Amazon
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #24
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Anyone pick this up? Curious to hear impressions. I dabbled in the beta in a couple dominion rounds and have read some reviews in progress, but curious CP'ers thoughts
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #25
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Grabbed it from EB Games. Will play some tonight...err...maybe tomorrow. EBGames has a trade 2 get it free promo ending today. Some really good value trade ins, some not so great obviously!

List of qualifying games: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/...e-value-en.pdf
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #26
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
Grabbed it from EB Games. Will play some tonight...err...maybe tomorrow. EBGames has a trade 2 get it free promo ending today. Some really good value trade ins, some not so great obviously!

List of qualifying games: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/...e-value-en.pdf
I'm confused about this, how does this work? It's just a list of games that you can trade in for $12?

-edit OIC it expired Feb 14tth

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 02-15-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #27
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

My friend swears upon his life that this will be the greatest game ever made. For the last 2 years it's all I've heard about from him. I don't have the heart to tell him that the videos just don't impress me, the graphics are easily beaten by other games a year older, and it looks like your everyday hack-n-slash adventure.

So I just smile and nod, and tell him I'll get it. It looks like a fun game. But I'll be surprised if it's as fun as other great hack-n-slashes like God of War.

However, hopefully I'm wrong and it's as amazing he says it will be.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #28
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
My friend swears upon his life that this will be the greatest game ever made. For the last 2 years it's all I've heard about from him. I don't have the heart to tell him that the videos just don't impress me, the graphics are easily beaten by other games a year older, and it looks like your everyday hack-n-slash adventure.

So I just smile and nod, and tell him I'll get it. It looks like a fun game. But I'll be surprised if it's as fun as other great hack-n-slashes like God of War.

However, hopefully I'm wrong and it's as amazing he says it will be.
I only played it for a bit, but the appeal to me was that it wasn't hack and slash (which would probably be a detrimental strategy). Maybe I'm incorrect, but it seemed to be more of a pick-your-moment kind of swordplay. It's not something I've seen a whole lot of in games and it was attractive. I only played 15 minutes though...
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:54 AM   #29
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Guard breakers, light attack, heavy attack, parry, block, chain attacks, execution finishers, dodge attacks..........it all can be extremely frustrating while simultaneously exhilarating when performed to perfection. It is an agonizingly fun game with enough variations between characters and armor/weapon achievements that For Honor should stay fresh for some time. For me the online play has been more then acceptable with no lag and only a few disconnects although if this game gets the backing it deserves from Ubisoft with additional content, well then that's just icing on the cake in my opinion.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #30
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For anyone still on the fence

Old 02-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #31
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Well I bought it last week and still haven't started it up. Trying to finish Nioh off. Can't wait to jump in
Old 02-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #32
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

So coming off Nioh, I actually found the combat very hard to transition into. Love the premise, but it just feels so slow.

Beat the short campaign this weekend and will jump in MP tonight
Old 02-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #33
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is this any better than Chivalry?
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote