Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #481
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I'm still going strong since January. I do Energy&Stand-Up on Mon and Wed and BTB on Tue/Thurs. I have lots of improvement to do on BTB before I go onto another workout, I like to be pretty proficient in each workout before moving on up. I will probably add the the Strength Builder to my Wednesday workout replacing StandUp. My flexibility is strongest it's been in years - I went back and did the P90x stretch workout and I was way more flexible than I was at the end of it.
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #482
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Struggled getting back into the swing of things since I hurt my back, but once I did I have been completely owning it again. I have a ways to go to undo the backtracking I did by not working out for three months but I'm feeling strong and noticing a difference in the mirror.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #483
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I thought I was a complete bad a$$, I was doing great with energy, I'd mastered fat burner, I had added red hot core to the end of those workouts and was going 5 days to 6 days a week.

Then tonight I added to it, I did below the belt . . . well not really, I did it badly, I was beaten up and whipped, I couldn't do half of the balance positions.

For those that become arrogant blah blah blah.

That was nasty.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #484
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

The programs are generally successful because it helps you follow a schedule and gives you a clear blueprint for what you need to be doing.

p90x, Insanity, DDPyoga, GSP Training....lots of great options for something different.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #485
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is the DDP online store the only place to buy this? I'd like to get on this sooner rather than later and I'm not keen on their shipping options.

Perhaps somebody knows of a brick and mortar store I could buy his from?
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #486
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Is the DDP online store the only place to buy this? I'd like to get on this sooner rather than later and I'm not keen on their shipping options.

Perhaps somebody knows of a brick and mortar store I could buy his from?
If your in Calgary the showcase stores carry it. Here's a link to the product on their online store. I'm sure if you call them and as them they could let you know if a particular store has it in stock

http://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/ddpyogamax.html

This one too

http://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/ddpyoga.html

Last edited by TjRhythmic; 08-19-2014 at 07:57 AM.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #487
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
If your in Calgary the showcase stores carry it. Here's a link to the product on their online store. I'm sure if you call them and as them they could let you know if a particular store has it in stock

http://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/ddpyogamax.html

This one too

http://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/ddpyoga.html
It turns out that Showcase lists these as 'in stock' however they actually don't have any on hand. Sort of caught them in a lie as the website is not accurate. No luck calling the stores.

I'm not sure if it is allowed, but fans of the Steve Austin Show can save $10 off the DDP Max Pack. I've ordered it online through the DDP website and I can't wait to get started. Thanks CP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bean For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #488
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
It turns out that Showcase lists these as 'in stock' however they actually don't have any on hand. Sort of caught them in a lie as the website is not accurate. No luck calling the stores.

I'm not sure if it is allowed, but fans of the Steve Austin Show can save $10 off the DDP Max Pack. I've ordered it online through the DDP website and I can't wait to get started. Thanks CP.
Sorry about that dood...
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #489
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stuff I got from the recent DDPYoga Newsletter.

Coming soon:

DDPYoga for Seniors
DDPYoga for Expecting Momma's.
DDPYoga Fitness App.

I don't know much details about the app but it has been talked about for quite a few months now.

Also, a cool article:
The Rise of Beefcake Yoga
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #490
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I did Strength Builder for the first time tonight - man it kicked my butt. Probably my favorite Work Out so far - a few new moves with lots of room for improvements
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #491
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Hey love this thread.

How long is each session? Thinking about adding it I the mornings .

Thanks
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #492
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Stuff I got from the recent DDPYoga Newsletter.

Coming soon:

DDPYoga for Seniors
DDPYoga for Expecting Momma's.
DDPYoga Fitness App.

I don't know much details about the app but it has been talked about for quite a few months now.

Also, a cool article:
The Rise of Beefcake Yoga
It is writeups like this that get me really excited for the program. I've done the yoga classes and lol'd at what he is referring to.

It's easy to get caught up with the hype but it seems as though the program could really help the everyman in the long term. I think some of CP can attest to this.

My set can't come soon enough.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #493
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
Hey love this thread.

How long is each session? Thinking about adding it I the mornings .

Thanks
It depends on the session. I think the shortest ones like RedHot Core are about 15 minutes. Workouts like energy and fat burner and some others are about 25 minutes.

Diamond Cutter takes about an hour.

Personally I stack work outs right now. So

On Mondays I do Below the Belt (badly) Wednesday I do Fat Burner, Friday I do Energy and Core, Sunday I do Fat Burner and Core.

Below the belt 38 minutes

Fat Burner 25 minutes

Energy Core 38 minutes

Fat Burner Core 40 minutes.

On Tuesday and Thursdays I just go for long walks, and on Saturday its I might just throw in a energy or fat burner if I'm not doing anything active.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #494
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm thinking of giving this a try. After years of physical work, my body's now paying the price. I try to stay in decent shape, but chronic elbow, back, and overall upper body pain makes it real tough.

Are there workarounds or advice on dealing with specific injuries/pain areas in the program?
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #495
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I'm thinking of giving this a try. After years of physical work, my body's now paying the price. I try to stay in decent shape, but chronic elbow, back, and overall upper body pain makes it real tough.

Are there workarounds or advice on dealing with specific injuries/pain areas in the program?
DDP leads the workout and two or four people are behind him. One of those people are in the modifying position, they show you how to make each position/move easier. For the main 13 poses DDP shows you how to make them easier and sometimes harder. Also in each workout there are times where DDP shows you how to make it easier. Based on all of that you should be able to figure out how to make anything easier. Sign up for www.teamddpyoga.com and use their forums to ask advice on anything that you're struggling with.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #496
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was doing a job that I eventually had to leave because of the damage that it was doing to my body (and lax safety regulations, but that's a different story). My back and shoulder were effected, and I had to ease myself into workouts because of post concussion issues. DDP Yoga is a zero impact workout, so you can go as far as you can handle.

After a few months of intermittently doing this program, my back is noticeably stronger and not in pain, and I have more mobility in my shoulder.

Lately I've been transitioning DDP Yoga into Shaun T Insanity depending on how I'm feeling. That one is mostly cardio, and is harder on the body, but a better workout for burning fat. I wouldn't have attempted it without DDP Yoga first though, and the instruction in Insanity isn't as good as in DDP. I do Insanity at about 1/2 to 2/3 speed, and go back to DDP to maintain flexibility.

There are still things in DDP that I can't do, but don't really worry about, and just go as far as I can.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #497
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks guys. I think I'll order it.

What's the recommendation on which package to order? Go for the one with the heart monitor, mat, etc., or the basic one and buy accessories later?

Thanks!
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #498
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I ordered them all, I bought a basic wrist based heart monitor because I don't like the chest bands.

I just went to Sportcheck and bought a basic mat.

I ordered them all because it really motivates you to try different things. I honestly doubt I'll get past the middle stage to the advanced stuff, but its nice to have.

I've gotten really lazy over the last 6 months, with all of the work issues and other stuff I've fallen right off of track.

Hopefully this thread bump will get me back into it, I love doing it, but I can see myself starting at square 1 again.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #499
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I ordered them all, I bought a basic wrist based heart monitor because I don't like the chest bands.

I just went to Sportcheck and bought a basic mat.

I ordered them all because it really motivates you to try different things. I honestly doubt I'll get past the middle stage to the advanced stuff, but its nice to have.

I've gotten really lazy over the last 6 months, with all of the work issues and other stuff I've fallen right off of track.

Hopefully this thread bump will get me back into it, I love doing it, but I can see myself starting at square 1 again.
With the economy slowing down you might have more time on your hands in the next couple of months to start a routine.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #500
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just bought the DVDs from DDP Yoga. I later discovered that I needed a mat because just doing the workouts on bare carpet wasn't working for me. My hands or feet would slip. I bought a Manduka mat, because at that time Manduka was recommended by DDPYoga and it also had an extra long version. I'm 6'3" and I didn't think I would fit on a regular sized mat. I was right. I also then bought a heart rate monitor because they kept stressing it, and I can't but help agree. It really helps to know where your heart rate is. You can then know if you need to work harder, or to ease up so your heart rate doesn't get too high. It helps your mentally to know that you're doing something and that you're working hard.

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg