Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #401
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
The BCS official Twitter handle had the same picture, with #JustVisiting tagged (if I remember correctly).

Aaron Paul has already said he would be open to appearing, and actually actively hopes they write him in at some point.
He needs the work. His post-BB acting career has not done well, especially when comparing it to Cranston's
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #402
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
He needs the work. His post-BB acting career has not done well, especially when comparing it to Cranston's

Well, with the exception of "Trumbo", Cranston's post-BB choices haven't been great.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #403
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Well, with the exception of "Trumbo", Cranston's post-BB choices haven't been great.
He was great in Godzilla, and while not post-BB he was also good in Argo. All Aaron Paul has is that crappy Need for Speed movie
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #404
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's got a new show now, too. The Path. He has a few kids, and all I can think watching is Pinkman is way to young to have a teenage son! I don't even know his name on the show, I just keep thinking Jessie. A bit early to tell if the sow will be good or not, I've only watched the first episode.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #405
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp, looks like Mike has broke bad.

I wonder how badly Chuck is hurt?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #406
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Welp, looks like Mike has broke bad.

I wonder how badly Chuck is hurt?
I don't think he is getting back up
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #407
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap, this show is so good.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #408
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

So fricking good.
Spoiler!
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 11:31 PM   #409
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by ben voyonsdonc; 04-12-2016 at 01:29 PM.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #410
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Jesus, I gasped at the ending. Didn't expect that to happen.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:47 AM   #411
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't realize we were already at the finale next week. Too fast.

I hope they don't kill off Chuck yet. There's still so much back story about his illness and his marriage. We also still don't know what happened with Chuck and Jimmy's mother. I guess those stories can still be told in flashback, even if Chuck is dead in the "present", but the interplay between them is still good.

I loved how easily, and perfectly, Chuck figured out exactly what Jimmy had done with the documents. Plus, even with how outrageous the whole story was, Kim still believed it.

Someone figured out that you can rearrange the first letters of each episode's title for season 2 to spell something. If it's an intentional clue (and Gilligan has been known to leave little clues like this in episode titles before), it could be a big spoiler for the finale...

Spoiler!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 AM   #412
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seven Thirty-Seven” “Down” “Over” “ABQ
Old 04-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #413
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Felina" = "Finale"
Old 04-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #414
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can you imagine how great Walking Dead would be if they had this kind of writing and direction on their show?
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stud_McCool For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #415
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved the scene between Chuck, Kim, and Jimmy so much. I loved how none of them were wrong, yet none of them had the purest of intentions and none of them were completely right, either.

Chuck correctly sussed out Jimmy's role in the misfiling. And professionally, he was absolutely right in calling Kim's attention to it. Yet the conversation reveals he's mostly upset about Jimmy stabbing him in the back with this move -- when Chuck had others stab Jimmy in the back for him for years at HHM. Chuck also allowed his insatiable need and hubris about proving to anyone and everyone that Jimmy is not the sweet charmer he plays to cause his ultimate downfall and (apparently) demise.

Kim correctly told Chuck some hard truths he needed to hear. About how he's mistreated Jimmy and about how Chuck has contributed to Jimmy being the man he is today. Yet she did this with a strong suspicion, that was later outright confirmed, that Jimmy did everything Chuck accused him of. And that Jimmy did these things while continuing to lie straight to her face about them, and did them to benefit her when Kim had made things very clear that she doesn't want to do things Jimmy's way. Not to mention that continuing to side with Jimmy her friend/lover will continue to damage her career she's worked so hard for - probably irreparably so, at some point.

Jimmy is rightfully angry at Chuck for being so cruel to him at HHM after Jimmy did so much to care for and provide for Chuck in his deteriorating condition. He's even pretty clever in using Kim's situation as an excuse to purify his motives for "getting even" with Chuck. But his need to keep up the facade means denying everything to both Chuck and Kim's faces, when they both know he is outright lying to them, and ultimately go too far with too high a cost to real people who really matter to him.

So damn good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 01:53 PM   #416
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure I know where the Kim thing ends, but I can't see Jimmy ruining her law career, as I'm sure that would make him not want to practice law ever again, which we know isn't the case. I suspect at some point she moves up in the world, to New York or something and leaves Jimmy behind.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #417
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think she has to make a choice between siding with Jimmy, knowing he cuts corners, or protecting her career. And I agree, I think that choice is going to be leaving Jimmy behind because she can't afford to be involved with him anymore. Personally or professionally.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #418
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

We really don't know enough about Saul during the BB years to suggest that Kim wasn't around. He may have turned her bad. They may have been married at the time he had to go into hiding. I guess it's unlikely, but who knows?

I kind of agree, she probably either left him behind for bigger things, or just because of his moral compass is spinning uncontrollably. Or he got her killed somehow.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #419
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think if he got her killed he wouldn't be Saul in BB. That'd weigh far to heavily on him.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #420
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

surprised the opening montage of last week's episode hasn't been mentioned here. All one shot and brilliantly done.

what a great season this has been ... this show is sooooo good. The attention to detail is second to none and it's amazing how the show runners always know when to push which of the two main storylines.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman