Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Bill Arnold interview

Quote:
HF: Being a prospect of the Calgary Flames is sort of a unique situation for you because one of your current teammates in John Gaudreau is also a Flames prospect too. So how is it for you knowing that one of your current Boston College teammates could one day be one of your teammates in Calgary as well?

BA: It's fun to think about I don't want to get too ahead of myself. Johnny is a tremendous player. Coming in as a freshman and having the kind of year that he's having is unbelievable. It seems like every night he's coming up huge for our team. I don't think we would be here at the Frozen Four without his production. Maybe sometime down the road, we'll be able to work together in Calgary too.

HF: Has Calgary been keeping tabs on you throughout the season?

BA: Yes. We talk every now and then. They just check to make sure that everything is going well and will ask for updates on how my season is going, and things like that. They're not there always in my face or anything, but they are interested in how I'm doing. So it's a really good relationship.

HF: Do you plan to attend their prospects camp this summer?

BA: Yes, I am and I'm looking forward to it.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...t_frozen_four/
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love that most of our prospects are beginning to gain "big game" experience. If and when these guys are able to make it to the NHL one day, they'll have a bit of experience to draw from.

(Hopefully that can prevent against Bouwmeester/Kesler syndrome).
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, and it's great that so many prospects have been in winning environments: Reinhart and Leach went very deep in the playoffs last year, Gaudreau and Arnold won the championship this year, Bärtschi and Wotherspoon have a very good chance to go deep in the playoffs this year (as does Brossoit), and the Heat are pretty safely in a playoff spot. Good to have some winners coming through the system. It's time to replace the losers with young playes who are hungry for success.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote