Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #121
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, Liz was my favorite.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:40 PM   #122
Yanda
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like the move by Cydney to tell the guys about the idol. They would have to lose twice for her to be in jeopardy. I doubt they would let a tribe go down to 2 members, its more likely that they would do a tribe swap or go down to 2 tribes in which case is she ends up with 1 or both of the brawn guys its a benefit for her.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #123
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think that Cydney is a lose/lose scenario there. She's on the bottom as the guys are together. She'll have to find a new way to squirm into a new alliance once they eventual merg the tribes
Old 03-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #124
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Cyndy is stupid about sharing the idol info with the guys. Right now as soon as Alecia goes home she's next and she can't stop it. She might think that loyalty is everything, but in this game its nothing.

If she and Alecia had taken the idol. They could have chopped one of the guys right away and had some control.

Instead its the two girls that are in the cross hairs.

Really stupid strategy.
Yeah, I don't understand is why Alecia didn't just take the locked box and hid it while the guys were trying for the key.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #125
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a contrast from a season of some of the best people to ever play the game... to this.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #126
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow. What an episode.

Don't want to spoil for anyone,but probably one of the wildest Survivor episodes ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #127
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya that was something else.

Spoiler!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #128
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely a crazy episode
Old 03-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #129
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Crazy episode
Old 03-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #130
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone notice they didn't have Alecia's thoughts at the end of the episode, but they had Caleb?

Thinking they need to have these challenges earlier in the day. That was ridiculous. Also wow, lots of crew there, and Jeff calling for the choppa would have been awesome if it weren't for the situation. Good on him for taking control and running it. Everyone's face said "holy crap this is the real deal". They looked petrified.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #131
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fuzz - That's Jeff's job. That's why he holds the Producer spot that he does. He's the man on the scene able to make game-level decisions. Good to see him able to do that.

That was a...wild...episode, to be sure.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Wasn't surprised to see Caleb go down after the teaser last episode. But I don't like that 3 Survivors went down during a challenge. Guess they all (cast and crew) learned something there. As someone who can easily get heat stroke/exhaustion myself, guess I'm just more sensitive to the dangers of excessive heat like that.

Not surprised to see Alicia go. She just couldn't bond with the other Brawns, no matter which one was around.

I have to say, the entire Brawn tribe hasn't manged to impress me even once so far. I thought that the Brains from the original BvBvB were pretty pathetic, but at least they seemed to try and were watchable. This Brawn tribe isn't really anything but sad. Glad to see the merge next week, and see if the three are kept together/stick together.

I like that the Brain vote seemed to snap Peter out of his...whatever it was. The Brain tribe is starting to impress again.

Beauty still doing well. Should be interesting with them, as they lost a lot of their muscle, but we'll see what the merge does to them.

I'm trying to decide if they merge them into 2 tribes, or split them into 3 even-sized tribes. I'm leaning to a 2 tribe merge.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:37 PM   #132
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That episode was unique, intense, and scary. I didn't like Caleb on Big Brother but he came off really well on Survivor and the way he went out was sad.

Alecia never have been on Brawn in the first place. She is annoying but the other two guys were asses and I respect that she didn't give up and stood up to them. They haven't impressed at the challenges either.

They could do a 3-tribe Philippines type season where each tribe gets one returning member who deserves a second chance. Caleb, Terry, and someone else.

Last edited by mile; 03-09-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:51 PM   #133
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That episode really pissed me off.

I found myself feeling sorry for Debbie at the same time as being really annoyed by Debbie. She's the typical worthless know it all.

The two Brawns are the worst type of bullies, I had a ton of sympathy for Alicia, especially when NBA Scott and Tattoo mcsleeze bag just basically sat back in the immunity challenge, and Cyndy or whatever her name is was too stupid to realize that she's nothing in that tribe, and isn't smart enough to make a move if her life depended on it.

And don't sit there and talk about your daughters and being a good role model for them when you're a ruthless dirtbag bully. Alecia should have asked for tribal and then since she was going home anyways, spit in both of their faces and told them to go and play hide and go $$$$ yourselves.

Oh and Kyle don't talk about your service in the US military, because you basically came across as the worst stereotype of a soldier.

Did I say that I really hate bullies. Those two morons aren't going to last, they have no social game except for their little bromance and everyone saw them sitting back in the challenges.

And don't tell me that you're trying to help her, you were trying to destroy her. Hey Scott, why don't you look at the camera and tell kids to say yes to drugs you franking dirtbag.

Caleb really came out ahead to me in this, its too bad he had to go home and hopefully he gets a second chance at Survivor down the road.

Jeff was great tonight, he completely controlled what had to be a scary situation. I've never seen anything like it before.

Oh and Cyndy going down with an injury, and then smirking about those idiots bullying Alecia, real classy, I have zero sympathy for you, and again, you are a dummy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 01:03 AM   #134
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

That episode pissed me off too

Caleb was a guy worth cheering for, but now he's taken out of the game

I was really hoping for Jeff to call off Tribal for the night because of Caleb's exit, but not to any avail. it was super obvious who was getting voted out that week, so why not just hold off tribal and go straight to the merge? I would've loved to see Alecia turn her back on the brawn tribe

100% agree on those two asshats in the brawn tribe. Quitting during a challenge was deserving to be called on

I'm hoping Alecia gets to come back in a future season. The Producers clearly set her up for failure when they misplaced in the wrong clan
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #135
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They put her in the Brawn tribe because it was filled with a bunch of ugo's and they needed someone cute.

I have to say if I had a sister or a girlfriend on a show like that and saw how she was treated, I would show up at the Re-union show and Jerry Springer it up in there.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #136
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was wondering why they didn't show the usual run up to the Brawn Tribe going to Tribal. That was really unusual.

I think that footage will be released at some point.

But its either going to show Alecia scrambling to survive and being treated badly.

Or Alecia being really upset

Or Alecia dropping a duce in the cooking pot and peeing on the fire on the way out (That's what I would prefer)

Old 03-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #137
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably because they lost so much time to the challenge aftermath. Have to fit it in an hour. They also jumped right in to the first challenge at the start of the episode, which I thought was odd at the time, but makes sense in that regard.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #138
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea the way she was treated really upset me last night and it still does this morning. I really hope those two guys get put in their place at the reunion once Jeff has a chance to watch the footage. I am surprised that Jeff didn't dig a bit deeper on it and maybe call them out on it at tribal, but maybe he just didn't get the whole picture just yet.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #139
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I continue to find it hilarious that Scot Pollard refers to himself as an NBA champion, and he discounts any team that Alecia was on. In 2007-08, when Boston won the NBA championship, both Alecia and Scot played the exact same amount of minutes in the playoffs. Pollard only played in 22 of the 82 games, and didn't see one second of playing time in the last 28 regular season games, nor in the 26 playoff games. He averaged 1.7 points in his 22 games. Removing his 10 point game against Houston, he averaged 1.38 points per game. That team literally could have had Alecia on it and had the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #140
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wow. Just a wow episode. I agree with everyone that Caleb was the one worth cheering for and I hope that the bullies get their's. At least with the way it came off on TV (yes, editing), they are setting themselves up quite nicely if they decide to do another villan series.

Anyways, I was really hoping to hear what Alecia had to say at the end of the episode. She knew she was done, but I wanted her to tell them all off...patiently waiting for the reunion show now