Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #181
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I totally would have pitched the idol into shallow water and watched the ensuing wrestling match take place.

That or the fire.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #182
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

hold up the idol in one hand, and throw one knife in the middle of a circle.

Shortest season of Survivor ever.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #183
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't understand why CBS allows sun cream and antibiotics, yet can't pass out a band aid once in a while.

Also I have no idea why the castaways insist on walking barefoot everywhere when they obviously have their shoes.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #184
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lol what an an a$$hat. Totally acting like it was all tied up for them to make the final four.

Spoiler!

Last edited by calgarybornnraised; 04-06-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #185
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Props to Cydney for orchestrating that blindside. That was beautiful.

At least Nick was a good sport about it and admitted he was being overconfident.

I think the girls were already planning on flipping before tribal, but Tai's screw up sealed it.

I'm gonna laugh if the guys do throw a hissy fit or if the girls manage to screw this up next week.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #186
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Good episode, at least it mixes things up. Next week should be good, even if it looks like the guys are being jerks.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #187
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked that episode, and give some props to Nick for owning his overconfidence.

Survivor...never get comfortable, someone's gonna blindside you.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #188
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Need to give big props to Nick, way to often we would call someone out on being cocky and getting caught. This time that person admitted their mistake just minutes after being kicked out and had a "what can ya do" smile on his face. Takes a big man to admit when they were wrong and I have a lot of respect for him for that.

Why did Tai vote for Jason? That part really confused me. I don't recall at any point anyone approaching him to vote for Jason.

I would have much rather seen Jason go home than Nick but I understand Cydney probably was thinking i don't want to ruin my alliance, however it looks like this vote did just that anyway. I think the foreshadowing this episode was Julia talking about how she could work with Scott, and then we see next week that she is getting called out for 'playing both sides' because she is laying with him in the shelter talking. Julia might be the one going home next week if she burns both sides.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:40 AM   #189
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh walking around like you and two others control the game completely when there are 10 left didn't work. Who would have thought?

Completely blind to the social side of things.

No idea the Tai vote. He nearly stepped into with his super idol conversation at tribal. The edit suggests he tiptoed out of the difficulty turning it around on whether he was being lied to and the rest seem to buy it. Again that is what the edit suggests but I wonder if that was truly the case. I'd love to see him win to be honest. He's just a genuinely great guy (or one hell of an actor). However, those guys don't usually make it to the end.

Last edited by ernie; 04-08-2016 at 11:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #190
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

The immunity challenges towards the end often end up being endurance based - solving some puzzle after running up and down stairs 30 times type stuff.

Tai's willingness to suffer through pain to win is going to be a big deal if he makes it to those types of challenges. Scott, Jason, and Cydney will be identified as the physical threats, but Tai is a sleeper in this...

Best strategy would be to take him out next. I hope they don't because I have him in the pool and he's my favorite player this season, but he's a guy I don't want hanging around too much.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #191
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

The girls should vote off Tai next. He probably won't use his idol and I'm betting the other guys are way too selfish to give him the second idol to save himself after the vote.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:03 PM   #192
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow! This season has not been a disappointment.

Jason and Scott are a-holes.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #193
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

What a great episode!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaloper For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #194
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

While the boys trio is acting incredibly immature...what a hell of a great blindside! I even agree with it! Glad to see Debbie gone.

Not sure about Julie's game, though her reasoning is good. Not many on the jury would vote for Scot or Jason. Those are two to bring to the end.

Also...I thought that was a really neat Immunity Challenge.

Debbie going takes Jacks out of our pool. =(
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #195
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tonight was an amazing episode in what has been a pretty great season. Nearly vote has been a blindside and/or a close vote.

The guys are bullies. And did they more harm than good with their idol reveals at tribal tonight, that served no purpose at all. I hate that Tai joined in with the sabatoge.

Getting rid of Debbie was a pretty great strategic move by Cydney and Aubry. Even if the boys played their idol, the rest of the girls would have still have been protected. Debbie took the blindside quite well.

If Aubry manages to turn Tai against the men and convince him not use the super idol to save them next week, she probably deserves to win the game at that point. I've been impressed by her and Cydney, they look like a step above the rest when it comes to strategy.

The look on the guys faces when the Debbie votes came up and realized that they changed absolutely nothing was gold. They're idiots. I have a feeling they'll look like idiots again next week with all their bragging about the super idol.

Last edited by mile; 04-13-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #196
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really like Aubrey. I think she is the only one that really sees the whole picture,not little fragments like other players.

Last edited by calgarybornnraised; 04-13-2016 at 10:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #197
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Debbie going takes Jacks out of our pool. =(
I'm glad to be out, she was terrible.

I really don't like idols to begin with but this super idol garbage ruins the game for me. Reminds me of that overthrow the head of household crap that made me stop watching big brother many years ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2016, 01:16 AM   #198
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Tonight was an amazing episode in what has been a pretty great season. Nearly vote has been a blindside and/or a close vote.

The guys are bullies. And did they more harm than good with their idol reveals at tribal tonight, that served no purpose at all. I hate that Tai joined in with the sabatoge.

Getting rid of Debbie was a pretty great strategic move by Cydney and Aubry. Even if the boys played their idol, the rest of the girls would have still have been protected. Debbie took the blindside quite well.

If Aubry manages to turn Tai against the men and convince him not use the super idol to save them next week, she probably deserves to win the game at that point. I've been impressed by her and Cydney, they look like a step above the rest when it comes to strategy.

The look on the guys faces when the Debbie votes came up and realized that they changed absolutely nothing was gold. They're idiots. I have a feeling they'll look like idiots again next week with all their bragging about the super idol.
You have to know the guys were going into this with a nothing to lose attitude. They knew they were completely out numbered and Julie was a possibility that her vote was not going their way, so revealing they had idols was something they were planning on doing, just so they could confuse the girls' voting. Using the Super Idol was the final step in the plan but luckily they didnt need to go there.

I dont think they look like idiots. They looked shocked that Debbie's name came up, but definitely not looking like idiots. Heck, they were willing to go all the way to using the Super Idol, but the girls ended up turning on themselves. Best of all, the benefits of the super Idol were never revealed at all at tribal
Old 04-14-2016, 06:10 AM   #199
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Heck, they were willing to go all the way to using the Super Idol, but the girls ended up turning on themselves. Best of all, the benefits of the super Idol were never revealed at all at tribal
I thought that the antics of the guys at tribal were pretty good, mixing it up so that you don't know who to vote split for or anything like that.

But...didn't Tai spill the beans on the Super Idol's powers the tribal previous? I thought he did, accidentally.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #200
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was great TV, but lets be honest, it was a complete night of bad strategy.

The good

The boys deciding to create utter chaos in the camp, hiding tools and putting out fires. I don't think it was as much about strategy as two guys being dicks and then Tai going along with it. But at this point, if I'm playing for the Jury, I want one or more of those guys sitting with me. Frankly right now anyone who's sitting in front of the jury with two of those guys could murder a puppy and still win.

I don't think the idol thing was this great plan as much as it was to create chaos and confusion at Tribal, it was pretty smart. What wasn't smart is that they put two idols in the hands of one guy, Tai now has control over a lot of things.

Julia is playing a pretty solid game, she's put herself in a really nice position to be a swing vote. She's got two alliances at least that she can play, and she's a bit of a physical threat as well.

The Bad

Debbie trainwreck, the only thing that she was right on and it killed her was that they had to break up the bromance, because those guys can start to bully votes especially if they keep Tai and play Julia right. But Debbie's ego got the best of her.

Aubrey - She's smart, but she's falling into the trap of outsmarting herself. Simple numbers tells me that she had enough votes at the start to begin to control the game, but instead of stringing Debbie along who's no threat ever to win immunity at this point, and keeping Cyndy loyal, she threw that away, and while she got the vote out for Debbie, she really doesn't have a good set alliance by leaving Cyndy and Joe out there swinging.

The ugly

The immunity challenge where physics failed.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!