Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #361
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
PaulEaton_LFC Paul Eaton
by Zonal_Marking
Raul Meireles has submitted a written transfer request
With a half hour left in window and a fairly serious collarbone injury. I wonder what he thinks hes doing.

Probably knows he'll get more money at Chelsea. Seeing how Kenny and Comoli handled the Aquaman debacle I'm not too worried.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #362
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess the Bellamy deal is done, 2 years on a free transfer.

Meireles in talks with Chelsea. Seeing as they tried to throw Yossi in as a makeweight last time it'll be interesting to see who gets thrown in this time.

Haha! Hey Kenny, they've got that £40M for Modric just lying around, just ask them for that and call it good!

I once heard a rumour that Kenny was demanding Sturridge if there was going to be any deal for Meireles. Dont know how reliable or accurate that was mind you.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #363
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bellamy to liverpool is official

looks like Arteta as well

Moyes: "Mikel informed me that he wished to join AFC. I am disappointed to lose him but the prospect of CL was something I can't offer"
Old 08-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #364
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bellamy to liverpool is official

looks like Arteta as well

Moyes: "Mikel informed me that he wished to join AFC. I am disappointed to lose him but the prospect of CL was something I can't offer"
Arsenal wont be able to offer it for very long either!

Whatever makes Everton weaker I suppose. Liverpool only have to worry about Arsenal once more at this point.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #365
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Plenty of rumors about Adam Johnson to Liverpool. I really hope they are true (even though i still doubt them very much) because once we lose Miereles we will be left with a fairly thin midfield if any injuries are too occur.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #366
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

if Mereiles wants to play every week why is he going to Chelsea? (BBC says a fee agreed)
Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #367
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
if Mereiles wants to play every week why is he going to Chelsea? (BBC says a fee agreed)
$$$
Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #368
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to know the details of the Meireles sale, but other than that, its all good.

I'd have preferred to keep him, but hey, you cant have 'em all. And I think the midfield will be fine without him.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #369
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'd like to know the details of the Meireles sale, but other than that, its all good.

I'd have preferred to keep him, but hey, you cant have 'em all. And I think the midfield will be fine without him.
12 million pounds seems to be the number being thrown around.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #370
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

ya thats a good bit of business for a player who wasn't in the first team plans

and when Gerrard came back wasnt in any
Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #371
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Stoke did incredibly well today, with Palacios and Crouch added to what they all ready have I think they are a legit top half of the table team

having said that....

Daniel Levy getting 10m pounds for Peter Crouch is amazing business

really do with Palacios well though, always liked him, and the story about him waiting outside Harrys hotel all night when his brother died to ask if he could fly home (didn't want to wake him up) just shows the kind of guy he was
Old 08-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #372
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

think Stoke and QPR improved the most

Everton are in serious trouble
Old 08-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #373
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good couple of days for Wenger, he had to respond and he did. Looking forward to see how quickly the club gels, as they haven't given themselves a ton of margin for error.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #374
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
He also said Chelsea offered 40m for Modric and Levy told them to love off
Absolute stupidity by Levy, that's Fabregas money for a player who's not even in the same class. Plus he will prolly sulk now.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #375
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

dono about that

most people would put Modric ≥ Fabregas over the past two years, both are world class

and selling him on August 31st would have been dumb
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #376
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm just happy to see someone tell Chelsea to piss off. Although I'd be tempted at $40 mill.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #377
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm a bit torn about the Modric situation. On one hand, I see it a bit like the Nasri solution and in that case I was 100% GTFO. One of my cousins is a Sprus supporter and that's how he feels. However, on the other hand it is nice for someone to stand up to Chelsea, Modric, and the type of clubs and players they represent. In the end, I guess it should come down to what is best for the club.

It must be difficult for the Spuds because unlike Cesc I don't think Modric will be class act about the situation and give it his all but unlike Nasri he's actually vital to his club's success. So... What would be worse, not being able to get a suitable replacement, or a rebel star who's actions might be hurting the image of the club?

It might not be a fun question to answer but here's one: Who's a bigger twat, Nasri or Modric?
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #378
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
think Stoke and QPR improved the most

Everton are in serious trouble
And thats a damned shame....

You know who else is in trouble? Arsenal.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #379
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
I'm a bit torn about the Modric situation. On one hand, I see it a bit like the Nasri solution and in that case I was 100% GTFO. One of my cousins is a Sprus supporter and that's how he feels. However, on the other hand it is nice for someone to stand up to Chelsea, Modric, and the type of clubs and players they represent. In the end, I guess it should come down to what is best for the club.

It must be difficult for the Spuds because unlike Cesc I don't think Modric will be class act about the situation and give it his all but unlike Nasri he's actually vital to his club's success. So... What would be worse, not being able to get a suitable replacement, or a rebel star who's actions might be hurting the image of the club?

It might not be a fun question to answer but here's one: Who's a bigger twat, Nasri or Modric?
I think he will have to get on with it

If he plays bad and lifeless chelsea wont want him anymore

I did find it kind of funny how all the writers who had been pushing Modric to Chelsea as a done deal said after the fact that is was great for Daniel Levy to stand up to chelsea

I think in the end Levy did some very good things this window, he improved the team in it's weakest area with a player who's problem has been motivation but he should have no shortage of it now. He upgraded the midfield, got rid of some dead weight, and probably most importantly he showed that fans that when he says something he won't go back on it.

I don't think if Barca or Inter or Madrid etc. came in for Modric he would have turned down 40m. But he has been saying for 2 years that we won't sell to our rivals anymore, and now spurs fans have no reason not to believe him
Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #380
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

This is rather big news. http://static.foxsports.com/content/...4829956781.pdf

Fox will be showing Premier League games on their Network channel. First time the Premiership will be on network tv in the US.

Civilization Marches Forward.

Closed Thread