Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Game 4: STAMPS at Winnipeg

Game time: Thursday, July 21st @ 6:30pm Investor Group
Televised" TSN, ESPN3

Stampeders(1-1-1) are coming to play after a bye last week. They haven't lost a game following a bye since 2005. Stampeders are also 4-0 playing Winnipeg Blue Bombers ay Investor Group. So it is looking good so far. Winnipeg offense has been struggling and QB Drew Willy was nowhere close to when he started playing for the Blue Bombers. Stegall even mentioned that Mike O'Shea and GM Walters might be in trouble soon if their offense keeps on struggling and they keep on losing.

OFFENSE:
Bo Levi Mitchell attempted 43 passes last game against Ottawa and completed 29 of them for 368 yards. His favorite target was R Joe West who caught 6 passes for 99 yards will not be playing on Thursday due to ankle injury. Stamps are thinking of putting either Davaris Daniels or Greg Wilson on West spot. Marquay McDaniel is starting to pick a pace again towards another 1000 yards season by catching 6 passes for 70 yards while it looks like Bakari Grant will play over Kamar Jorden again this week after his performance last game. He caught the ball 5 times for 89 yards. RB Jerome Messam had a decent game but I think he needed to rush the ball more to be more effective in the game. Last game vs Ottawa, he rushed 8 times for 32 yards and he caught 4 passes for 24 yards and 1 TD.
It is looking like C Pierre Lavertu will be coming in the lineup after sitting out 3 games due to injury. Cam Thorn been playing on his spot while Lavertu was recovering.

DEFENSE:
Stamps defense was not very good last game especially against the run. Not so sure about MLB Taylor Reid play though. He looks like the weakest link in the LB group. Once he went down with injury, Alex Singleton did a way better job as the MLB. He recorded 6 tackles and was very active. Only mistakes he made was the roughing the passer penalty after Charleston Hughes made a sack on Harris. Sackmaster Hughes recorded a couple of QB sacks and 1 forced fumble. Interior Defensive Line are dropping like flies especially the Canadian content. Junior Turner hasn't played a game this season yet due to injury is questionable for Thursday game. There is a good possibility he will suit up. Quinn Smith who went down in the 2nd game will not play. Derek Wiggan who went down with injury last game will also miss the game. American DT Micah Johnson is questionable this week due to stomach flu. This guy need to watch what he is eating as this is the second time this season he had a stomach flu.

SPECIAL TEAM:
Kicker Rene Paredes is struggling but he is getting better. He was 4 for 5 against Ottawa. I can't wait for Returner Roy Finch to go all the way soon. This guy looks like an exciting returner and had some slick move. He had 3 kickoff return for 67 yards, 1 return on a Missed Field Goal for 21 yards and returned 3 punts for 48 yards.

GO STAMPS GO!!!! .
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I like Finch a lot.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

As of today(Wednesday) Stamps is saying R Joe West, MLB Taylor Reed, DT Derek Wiggan and DE Frank Beltre won't play tomorrow vs Winnipeg due to injury. R Greg Wilson will start as a wideout, Alex Singleton will be the starting MLB. DT Micah Johnson practiced yesterday so there is a big possibility he'll play. DT Junior Turner has been practicing this week so he too might play.
The Following User Says Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

a proper rodgering at the hands of the Stamps and Eskimos next week should really be enough to get iron mike o'shea fired. if not, a loss to the ticas after with Collaros back should do it.

walters should fall on his sword too.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Stamps Go!
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Please rush Messam 15+ times tonight. I can't take another game of crappy passing plays/sneaks inside the 5 yard line.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #7
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed. The drawback to having a former QB as your coach/OC. It's the same thing with my NFL team, with Sean Payton, it drives me nuts. Stop getting too cute within the 5, you've got the best short yardage back in the league!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Agreed. The drawback to having a former QB as your coach/OC. It's the same thing with my NFL team, with Sean Payton, it drives me nuts. Stop getting too cute within the 5, you've got the best short yardage back in the league!
Pete Carroll actually came to mind. You've got one of the best RB's in the entire league and you just have to "outsmart" the other team by throwing it.

I don't watch much of the Saints, but I know the Steelers had a real issue with Todd Haley in his first season. Once Roethlisberger was allowed to run his no huddle and audible, the offense exploded.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

TSN pre game panel cringe level 10/10
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 06:38 PM   #10
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a lot of teams are actually running the ball as much as they used to. Jerome Messam who hasn't run the ball much is second in the league in rushing, 2 yards behind CJ Gable. Not sure why the RB are not being used much this early season so far. So I guess we can't really blame Dickerson.

Last edited by OzSome; 07-21-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #11
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Why is Suitor calling Campbell a youngster? He's 28 years old with NFL experience.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #12
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
TSN pre game panel cringe level 10/10
That "So what" thing may have been the worst segment I have ever seen in professional sports. My wife walks in the room and goes "Who are these idiots, they aren't funny, turn the channel"
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #13
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bakari Grant has got to go.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #14
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

TD McD!!

Damn.. Paredes sucks this season so far. He just missed a FG convert. Really struggling.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #15
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Don't know if this is more a function of the Bombers terrible D but our O looks pretty good. Bo is on.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #16
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a lame PI call.

Never mind.. Dressler fell so easily on that one though.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #17
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Paredes is in another world of suck this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #18
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm going to have a drink for every play that doesn't result in a penalty flag being thrown.

Should be right on time and feeling great for work tomorrow.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #19
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I'm a little surprised Ralph Brock's #5 hasn't been retired
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #20
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Man, Parker is some lucky he has a Canadian passport. He can't catch a pass that falls directly in his Mits.