Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #21
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Great read, and I hope Marc's in a better place. I know he has his issues in Calgary, but for management here to bumble that situation like they did....welcome to playoff-less hockey.

Screw Matt Cooke for the hit. And #### the NHL for not even suspending him. Cooke went on to get suspended 3 (!) more times after that hit. Then you have Colin Campbell in his email talking smack about Savard

Just disgusting overall how that entire situation was handled. I love cheering for the players. I love the teams (most). But I hate the NHL. I would not be sad for 1 single second if the league folded and the teams moved onto another league.
Great quote on the email. And then there are posters in the discussion re the lawsuit wondering what the NHL could possibly be trying to hide from disclosure
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #22
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow - what an article

i did get a good laugh out of this....

Quote:
When I got called up by the New York Rangers when I was 20, I was still so naive that I couldn’t even find Madison Square Garden. They didn’t have GPS in those days, so I bought a map at a gas station so I could figure out how to get from my apartment in Rye down to Manhattan.
I got so lost that I had to pull up next to a police car and ask for directions. The cop could tell I had no idea what I was doing, so he said, “You going to the Rangers game?”
I said, “No, sir, I play for them.”
“Play for who?”
“The Rangers.”

After he stopped laughing, he took pity on me and let me follow him all the way to MSG.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #23
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not that I am lazy to search, but when was the Savard trade and what was the return? What did the Flames top six look like before and after the trade? Thanks.

Such a sad story.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #24
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Not that I am lazy to search, but when was the Savard trade and what was the return? What did the Flames top six look like before and after the trade? Thanks.

Such a sad story.
Trust me, save yourself the crying and forget it ever happened His name was mentioned already.

Think of the worst possible trade in Flames history you may know, and triple it in terms of awfulness. Think of the current value equivalent of trading Monahan for Yakupov, but actually worse.

Last edited by Firebot; 05-18-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #25
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trading Marc Savard to Atlanta for Ruslan Zainullin is up there for one of the worst trades in Flames history.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #26
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Trading Marc Savard to Atlanta for Ruslan Zainullin is up there for one of the worst trades in Flames history.
Craig Button has 2 of the worst trades of the decade to his credit, and only beaten by more famous trades such as the Yashin one (which at least the Islanders got some value)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jesse...10-1/116/24950
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #27
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Didn't he also want to trade Iginla for Peca?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote