Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #221
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Depends on the stoner. The chick I know blazes every half hour or so when we go to her place.
And even if that behaviour were constant through a 10 - 12 hour day (which I highly doubt) that's an extreme case. Much like someone who smokes well over a pack of cigarettes a day.

But extreme cases aside, the majority of marijuana smokers are recreational users. Someone who gets high all day every day would be the exception.

The majority of cigarette smokers are smoking several to many times a day, every day.

There's no questions which of the two is more addictive and as a result, a more consistent habit.

And in reference to the post about about the harmfulness of one cigarette = one joint, the point stands: Smokers consume far more cigarettes than habitual marijuana users do joints. Without question.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Obvious For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #222
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
There's empirical evidence arguing both sides.

Regardless of what byproducts are created in the burning process, I still know I'd rather be inhaling something natural in its base form like cannabis, as opposed to a manufactured cigarette.

You're getting pretty worked up bro, maybe you should burn one down .
Really, there's evidence on both sides????
Cause I've managed to show my side, and all you've come up with is "Yeah but weed is natural", so untill you can show me some sort of evidence that weed smoke is any less harmful than tobacco smoke, then I'm going to stick with my original assertaion that you're argument is completely ######ed.
Oh, and evidence does not mean some quote from some stoner saying "Well weed is natrual dude, so it's like way better for you than cigartettes".

And, again, as for your "Natural" argument. Come on dude, do you honestly believe that something being "Natural" means it's magically unable to harm you? If that's the case, then lets get together, I've got a whole bunch of hemlock that I think you might want to snack on.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #223
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

All this arguing over joints makes me want to roll one up.

Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #224
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
And how many more cigarettes would a chronic tobacco smoker consume over a chronic chronic consuming 'joints'? 15-1? 20-1?

On volume alone, seems like your argument is self defeating.
I agree 100%, except that wasn't the argument.
The argument wasn't what's worse for you, smoking 1 joint, or 20 cigarettes, it was is pot smoke as bad as cigarette smoke?

I've shown numbers that prove that on a 1:1 basis, they're virtually identical. All Noel has been able to provide is "Yeah, but pot is natural, so it's way better for you", and "Keep telling yourself that", it's like arguing with a 13 year old.

Of course smoking 20 times as many of something is going to be harmful, but in a straing up comparison, they're about as different as Coke and Pepsi.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #225
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeper View Post
For those who smoke but don't like the smoke (like me). I own one of these and it's the best thing ever when ever I feel like one. This thing never burns the weed. It doesn't even smell when you use it. Your welcome.

http://www.my-iolite.com/
Just ordered mine yesterday and should have it by Tuesday-Wednesday this week so I'm pretty pumped!

Huge thanks to Neeper for helping me and answering all my questions about the product and his personal experiences.

If anyone is looking for one and wants a good deal PM me. I have a guy in Ontario who is a supplier who has a good package deal. I found him on eBay and he has a 1600+ feedback at 100% so sounds like a pretty solid seller. I have his email and phone number and will give deals that way without ebay fees, etc. I paid about $205CND by the time everything was said and done which included product, shipping and some extras for the product. You may be able to find them a bit cheaper but this one comes from Canada so no duty or border problems.

I'll post how my final experience was with the seller but so far they have been excellent in answering questions and getting back to me quickly!
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #226
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

So it came yesterday but I wasn't home to accept it so I picked it up today and just tried it for the first and all I can say is, where has this thing been all my life?

It's exactly as advertised. No throat burn (smokeless) and besides the small amount of smell from putting the weed into the chamber you can smell nothing. I tried smoking some in my bathroom with the doors and windows closed and there was no smell. Less than a half the chamber (chamber is .5 gram) got me absolutely ripped! I think a full bowl worth could get 3-4 people feeling good no problem.

Also it's easy to use and get ready straight from the box. It took me about 5 minutes to figure it out and I think I was being cautious with it making sure not to make a mistake. The warm up time for it to go from off to 'smokeable' is quick. The sound it makes when heating up is really nothing, just a small hiss which is hidden by almost any noise.

I would recommend this thing to any weed smoker who likes to be stealth about it and still get ripped. In the small amount of time of owning it I could also see people saving a TON of weed with this thing.

As for the seller he was amazing. He answered all my questions before and after the sale in a timely fashion and the product was here when promised by him. The price is also great compared to others I found on the net for a Canadian seller. You may be able to find cheaper in the states but for me it wasn't worth the difference when you factors (shipping it across the border, shipping time and costs, no free high quality butane, etc.).

Thank you Neeper I owe you!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #227
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
So it came yesterday but I wasn't home to accept it so I picked it up today and just tried it for the first and all I can say is, where has this thing been all my life?

It's exactly as advertised. No throat burn (smokeless) and besides the small amount of smell from putting the weed into the chamber you can smell nothing. I tried smoking some in my bathroom with the doors and windows closed and there was no smell. Less than a half the chamber (chamber is .5 gram) got me absolutely ripped! I think a full bowl worth could get 3-4 people feeling good no problem.

Also it's easy to use and get ready straight from the box. It took me about 5 minutes to figure it out and I think I was being cautious with it making sure not to make a mistake. The warm up time for it to go from off to 'smokeable' is quick. The sound it makes when heating up is really nothing, just a small hiss which is hidden by almost any noise.

I would recommend this thing to any weed smoker who likes to be stealth about it and still get ripped. In the small amount of time of owning it I could also see people saving a TON of weed with this thing.

As for the seller he was amazing. He answered all my questions before and after the sale in a timely fashion and the product was here when promised by him. The price is also great compared to others I found on the net for a Canadian seller. You may be able to find cheaper in the states but for me it wasn't worth the difference when you factors (shipping it across the border, shipping time and costs, no free high quality butane, etc.).

Thank you Neeper I owe you!!!
I have to throw out a thanks to Neeper as well. I went out and found one at a shop in Calgary on the weekend. I think it works pretty well for a smaller & portable unit. I like that it eliminates the smoke & stank from the process!
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #228
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
I have to throw out a thanks to Neeper as well. I went out and found one at a shop in Calgary on the weekend. I think it works pretty well for a smaller & portable unit. I like that it eliminates the smoke & stank from the process!
How much and where?
jschick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jschick88 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #229
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
I agree 100%, except that wasn't the argument.
The argument wasn't what's worse for you, smoking 1 joint, or 20 cigarettes, it was is pot smoke as bad as cigarette smoke?

I've shown numbers that prove that on a 1:1 basis, they're virtually identical. All Noel has been able to provide is "Yeah, but pot is natural, so it's way better for you", and "Keep telling yourself that", it's like arguing with a 13 year old.

Of course smoking 20 times as many of something is going to be harmful, but in a straing up comparison, they're about as different as Coke and Pepsi.
There is a CPer who isa high level medical researcher specialiozing in lungs who posted quite the opposite of what you're saying last time the pot debate came up.

Actually, I PM'd him some questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by booblaoo

from 2008.

I seem to have stirred the pot a bit with my post about smoking, so I thought I'd PM you instead. Hope you don't mind. Let me know if you would like me to post in the thread, and I will.

Unfortunately weed is worse than tobacco, stick for stick. One weed "cig" is worth about 50 regular cigarettes in terms of tar, etc. One of the problems with it is the fact that it is unfiltered, other problems include the different chemicals in weed, not the least of which are things that get cut in with weed by the dealers.

I imagine everyone is different, but some people don't smoke a whole weed stick (sharing it around etc) so perhaps that lessens the blow a bit, but it is definately not good for your lungs on a long-term basis. Being a 50 to 1 ratio (which is an approximate figure), even smoking weed recreationally can hurt as much as smoking cigarettes regularly.

Like I said, I don't mind repeating this in the thread....I just felt kind of bad because some people seemed grossed out by my occupation...the dying and all....but I still love it after nearly 28 years.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions!

Happy New Year!

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #230
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Whose weed dealer is cutting it with anything? That's lunacy, it's not like it's coke that you're trying to stretch. The rest of it sure, that makes sense. Same things I've heard before.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #231
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschick88 View Post
How much and where?
http://www.bongsandsuch.com/flash/index.asp

$199
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DFO For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #232
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Whose weed dealer is cutting it with anything? That's lunacy, it's not like it's coke that you're trying to stretch. The rest of it sure, that makes sense. Same things I've heard before.
Yeah, I don't know.

I do know a guy who used to make hash oil though and cut it with shoe polish. He told me everyone did.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #233
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

50 to 1? HA!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #234
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

so if weed is worse for you, then why if I inhale once from a cigarette it hurts my lungs, yet a joint doesn't even make me cough?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #235
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
so if weed is worse for you, then why if I inhale once from a cigarette it hurts my lungs, yet a joint doesn't even make me cough?
That's weird because I used to be a pretty heavy smoker and an occasional weed smoker, and weed smoke always hurt my lungs and throat.... even the day after.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #236
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I as well used to be a heavy smoker (players filter!!)....but, ya, one hit from a cig hurts, doesn't make me cough but a sharp pain in my lungs. Sometimes if I smoke weed that wasn't flushed properly, it makes me cough, though.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #237
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
I as well used to be a heavy smoker (players filter!!)....but, ya, one hit from a cig hurts, doesn't make me cough but a sharp pain in my lungs. Sometimes if I smoke weed that wasn't flushed properly, it makes me cough, though.
Your lungs are probably conditioned to the weed smoke. I'm just basing this one personal experience and have no scientific fact to back it up, but I find that if I'm drunk and smoke anything, my lungs feel like crap the next day.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #238
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was really hoping for BBS to reply to my post...

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #239
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

After being anti drug my whole life...Neeper suddenly has me interested in the vaporizer....
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #240
algernon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
After being anti drug my whole life...Neeper suddenly has me interested in the vaporizer....
Hold on... you actually like wrestling, and you are not tripping balls?

MIND=BLOWN
algernon is offline   Reply With Quote