Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Flames-FanAttic
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Furnace/Unit Heaters/HWT and Air Conditioning Installs/Replacements and Repairs

Hi everybody,

I am an HVAC small business owner looking to be of service to the CP community by helping people become more informed about their mechanical room options.

I have 10 years of experience in my field, 5 as a Certified Journeyman with my Red Seal and have worked mainly in the Residential/Light Commercial side of my trade. Having done both new home installs and replacements/retrofits primarily, it has allowed me to become familiar with all types of jobs.

Services I can provide:
  • Installation of new furnace, hot water tank and air conditioner
  • Repairs on newer and older HVAC equipment
  • Free quotes
  • Answer any questions you may have regarding your mechanical room options.
  • Provide you with the information to make the best choice for the right price.

I will do my best to answer any questions accurately over CP, however, not being able to see the equipment or the job itself can limit the accuracy of the information I provide.

I do have a business licence and am registered with the City of Calgary. This allows me to pull permits for each individual job so you can rest assured that the job has been done up to code following an inspection.

If anyone is interested or is looking to get more information, please feel free to message me or email me at HVAC.WB@gmail.com.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

What brand of products do you sell?
Old 11-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #3
Flames-FanAttic
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Currently I use Goodman and Trane heating and cooling products and Rheem Hot water tanks as well.

Your biggest difference between these products is their efficiency. In most cases, the higher the efficiency, the more the product will cost.

Currently you can get a furnace that is between 92% - 97% efficiency rating. What that means is for every dollar of gas you are using for your furnace, you will be using 92-97 cents of that dollar on heating your house, the remaining goes out your flue/vent. Most homes built before 2005 in Calgary have anywhere between 60-80% Mid efficient furnace.

Air conditioners are a little bit different. Efficiency rating is based on the amount of power it uses. The higher the SEER( Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) Rating, the more efficiently the air conditioner operates and the more it costs. Right now you can get between 13-18 SEER. Because Calgary's summers are much shorter, it would take a much longer time to get your money back in efficiency by purchasing a 18 SEER compared to a 13 SEER. I usually recommend a lower SEER rating, but there are always certain circumstances were a more efficient unit is the right choice.

As for hot water tanks, same idea as a furnace. Right now you can get between 70%-95%. 70% being your typical water heater connected to your chimney. 80% would be a water heater vented with plastic pipe and 90-95% would be your tankless water heaters, also vented with plastic pipe.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

How did I miss this thread?

I have 2 A/C units (brand new) I need to install in my house (3 years old, 2 furnaces).

Is this something you can do?
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #5
Flames-FanAttic
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Sure can.

I'll need to make sure everything is sized correctly and check to see what material you have before install. PM if your interested and we can set up a time.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames-FanAttic View Post
PM if your interested and we can set up a time.
PM sent. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #7
DylanScores
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Ac

If anyone in this forum wants an honest, prompt good tradesperson specializing in AC, please contact Flames FanAttic. Solid, very solid guy!!
DylanScores is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DylanScores For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #8
picard
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey Flames-Fanatic,

May have a couple of things on the go. Do you do moving of existing cold air return ducting? What about adding a register in the basement? Do you do venting for Dryers? Can you do any plumbing?

Cheers
We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done.
picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
Flames-FanAttic
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard View Post
Hey Flames-Fanatic,

May have a couple of things on the go. Do you do moving of existing cold air return ducting? What about adding a register in the basement? Do you do venting for Dryers? Can you do any plumbing?

Cheers
Hi Picard,

I can do all of those things for you. I do a bit of plumbing as well but if its anything beyond my capabilities, Ill let you know and try and point you in the right direction.

PM or email if your interested, I can come by and take a look and show you what your best options are.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #10
picard
Scoring Winger

Exp:

PM Sent
We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #11
xcacsy08
Draft Pick

PM Sent
xcacsy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #12
j_j
Backup Goalie

Exp:

PM-ing
j_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
picard
Scoring Winger

Exp:

PM sent
Old 06-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #14
totti_07
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

PMd
totti_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #15
BurningSteel
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You have mail.
BurningSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #16
BurningSteel
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has anyone heard from Fanattic? Looks like he hasnt been active since Mar? Anyone got a phone number they can pm me?
BurningSteel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c , furnace , heating , hot water tank , unit heater