Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2024, 12:59 PM   #5841
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Don't worry, the Zionists themselves are jerking off to it in their massive TG channels dedicated to mocking the dead.

Spoilered for dead people and a complete lack of humanity.
Guess we know where the pro-Israel crew hangs out when they can’t find some reason to defend or cheer on brutally killing innocent people sorry, I mean when they find this conversation all so “pointless and aggravating.”
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 01:02 PM   #5842
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Don't worry, the Zionists themselves are jerking off to it in their massive TG channels dedicated to mocking the dead.

Spoilered for dead people and a complete lack of humanity.
I've watched countless videos of ordinary Israelis mocking the dead Gazans. Yesterday watched one where an Israeli was pretending to eat a dead Gaza child.

It's sickening and no media has picked up on these videos not surprisingly.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 02:37 PM   #5843
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 02:57 PM   #5844
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have to say that I really disagree with the strategy outlined above.

First of all, using Palestinian lives in this way makes Hamas no better than the Israeli government... both have now shown a disregard for Palestinian (read: human) lives through their actions. Creating a situation where you can say to the world 'See, they're as bad as we said they were' is a tough way to make your point that the Israeli government clearly has no care, concern, or respect for Palestinian lives. Being proven right about Israeli government policy costs (and is costing) Palestinian lives.

Second, there was never going to be a result where the Israeli government *didn't* kill thousands of Palestinians. Trying to thread that needle of putting the actions of the Israeli government in the spotlight while averting Palestinian death was never going to be possible. The Israeli government isn't some special collection of humans... they're humans just like everyone else. And at their root, they're capable of unadulterated violence just like humans always are.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:12 PM   #5845
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

But Hammas doesn't really have preservation of life as a goal. They have one goal, which makes it a lot easier for them to see it to the end, whatever that end turns out to be. That Israel would walk into that just shows how predictable the Israeli warmongers are. It also shows Israel is leveraging this situation for their other goals.

When were the most recent hostages actually rescued? According to this, it was February 12th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...risis#Timeline

Now, plenty more bombs have been dropped and people killed since then. So either the IDF are absolute #### at their job, or it isn't really much of goal. Because once they hostages are all "rescued" the "release the hostages" demands hold no weight, an Israel has even less justification to carry out their plans.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:29 PM   #5846
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Saw a video of 2 of the charity workers with smiles on their faces helping ordinary starving people and then an image of them in pieces in body bags. Absolutely sickening.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:41 PM   #5847
WCW Nitro
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If Israel starting its actions by blocking food and water didn't convince anyone maybe all the intentional killing of aid/medical workers will finally show people that the goal of Israel is to kill civilians and anyone who tries to help them.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:28 PM   #5848
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Nitro View Post
If Israel starting its actions by blocking food and water didn't convince anyone maybe all the intentional killing of aid/medical workers will finally show people that the goal of Israel is to kill civilians and anyone who tries to help them.
Do you think it’s intent or indifference?

You block food and water because it might help Hamas and don’t care about the civilian casualties. You know aid workers are in the area but you don’t care because you have an air strike opportunity.

I lean indifference because intent seems like a poor strategy.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 05:30 AM   #5849
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

You block food and water because it might help Hamas and don’t care about the civilian casualties. You know aid workers are in the area but you don’t care because you have an air strike opportunity.

It's 100% intent. You don't coordinate with the Israeli army then have your convoy blown up by Israel because they had another opportunity.

You don't kill 75% of all journalists killed worldwide in the last year (during russian ukraine war as well)if you're not intending for that to happen. Israel just recently killed a Hamas member in Lebanon with a drone in a single room in a building. They have the intelligence to make these killings but choose to inflict maximum damage.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:43 AM   #5850
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

There is no ambiguity to blocking food and water. We know what happens to every human when they don’t have those two things.

Indifference doesn’t exclude intent. Indifference is defined by a lack of concern about the outcome, not confusion about the action and its outcome.

There are a lot of complicated questions concerning this conflict. However the one around withholding food and ‘intent’ is easily answered.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 08:00 AM   #5851
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If by "indifference" you mean "#### 'em. drop the bombs" then ya, I guess that's indifference.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:11 AM   #5852
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
It's 100% intent. You don't coordinate with the Israeli army then have your convoy blown up by Israel because they had another opportunity.

You don't kill 75% of all journalists killed worldwide in the last year (during russian ukraine war as well)if you're not intending for that to happen. Israel just recently killed a Hamas member in Lebanon with a drone in a single room in a building. They have the intelligence to make these killings but choose to inflict maximum damage.
The bolded was confirmed in the article that was shared, so yes, 100% agree. The travel was already coordinated with Israel lol. It was totally intentional.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:48 PM   #5853
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can't believe everything you see.

It's all one big Hamas photoshop job.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1775112976913121629

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 12:54 PM   #5854
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

####ing monsters.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #5855
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty chilling article that goes through how Israel has used AI that killed innocent Palestinians, including entire families.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mas-airstrikes

Quote:
In addition to talking about their use of the AI system, called Lavender, the intelligence sources claim that Israeli military officials permitted large numbers of Palestinian civilians to be killed, particularly during the early weeks and months of the#conflict.
Quote:
Several of the sources described how, for certain categories of targets, the IDF applied pre-authorised allowances for the estimated number of civilians who could be killed before a strike was authorised.

Two sources said that during the early weeks of the war they were permitted to kill 15 or 20 civilians during airstrikes on low-ranking militants. Attacks on such targets were typically carried out using unguided munitions known as “dumb bombs”, the sources said, destroying entire homes and killing all their occupants.
Quote:
“You don’t want to waste expensive bombs on unimportant people – it’s very expensive for the country and there’s a shortage [of those bombs],” one intelligence officer said. Another said the principal question they were faced with was whether the “collateral damage” to civilians allowed for an attack.

“Because we usually carried out the attacks with dumb bombs, and that meant literally dropping the whole house on its occupants. But even if an attack is averted, you don’t care – you immediately move on to the next target. Because of the system, the targets never end. You have another 36,000 waiting.”
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 03:12 PM   #5856
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well color me shocked with all of this news coming out we haven't heard from any of the good guy gang of Blankall, Bonin-ho, Naga, Language Manahattan, or Doctor F. Would love to hear their perspective (twisting) on the recent articles and incidents.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 03:18 PM   #5857
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
Well color me shocked with all of this news coming out we haven't heard from any of the good guy gang of Blankall, Bonin-ho, Naga, Language Manahattan, or Doctor F. Would love to hear their perspective (twisting) on the recent articles and incidents.
I'm a little surprised we haven't. I honestly would have thought they'd have curated the media they snort to exclude any reality from penetrating their bubble of support for mass murder, property destruction and terror.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 03:20 PM   #5858
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
Israel has admitted that they struck the aid convoy. I don't see what's to gain from "debating" that here.

I've made it clear I don't post as much in this thread, because it's devolved into personal attacks and a pointless lack of debate. If those personal attacks, including this point, were toned down, I (and I assume others) would post more.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 03:26 PM   #5859
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't believe the attack on the aid was intentional by IDF "High Command" .

I think it was negligent, stupid and horrific.

I do not think it as intentional.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 03:38 PM   #5860
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I've made it clear I don't post as much in this thread, because it's devolved into personal attacks and a pointless lack of debate. If those personal attacks, including this point, were toned down, I (and I assume others) would post more.
Or because you've been exposed as a liar again and again and again.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote