Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #61
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser Wonder View Post
That's all this thread will be about? I came for the discussion on how there would be world peace if all the world leaders smoked pot.
Where'd you learn that Cheech? Drug school?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #62
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Says the guy drinking coolers like a 14 year old girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
You do know that smoking pot is about as common as breathing in Canada right?
Pretty sad actually. Who needs to light up to enjoy their lives? oh wait.. "Enhance their already happy lives"

It's a crutch for too many people these days.

Anyways, who am I to judge? Enjoy... I guess
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #63
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #64
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
I read it in the book "Inane Conversations with Pot Heads."
Old 04-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #65
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Define 'making a big deal out of it'. A few people wanted to chat about it, some people want to partake in it... not a big deal to anyone but you as far as I can tell.
By big deal I guess I mean, why bother to go and make an "International Day" for it? Were you not going to smoke pot tonight if the day wasn't dedicated to it?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #66
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouw N Arrow View Post

Pretty sad actually. Who needs to light up to enjoy their lives? oh wait.. "Enhance their already happy lives"

For a lot of people you're probably right. Same deal for those that have to drink on Friday/Saturday nights to 'have fun', if you need to use anything to 'have fun' it's a crutch. In my experience it's more common with alcohol, but who am I to judge?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #67
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Say "Car Ramrod!"
Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #68
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For a lot of people you're probably right. Same deal for those that have to drink on Friday/Saturday nights to 'have fun', if you need to use anything to 'have fun' it's a crutch. In my experience it's more common with alcohol, but who am I to judge?
I use alcohol to get free rides in police cars.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #69
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

yeah, "its so i can enjoy it even more"
except when you get to the point where you only enjoy tv when you're stoned. and movies, and xbox, and going to the pub, and food, and monotonous household tasks and, well, you get the idea.

don't get me wrong i'm not opposed to legalizing marijuana but alcohol is legal and we call people who drink too much alcoholics and try to help them get over their dependency.

there can be a point where you smoke too much. then you're not awesome, you're pathetic.

that being said, happy 420 to all those that choose to partake. i'll be working so i can't, but have a gooder!

also, one of the reasons why i think alcohol is more accepted is because its social. people say weed is social too, but if you're lighting up and playing videogames or staring at the tv for hours it isn't social anymore. in general people go to bars to spend time with friends and share their stories from the week.
if you are being social with pot then more power to ya. my experience with potheads of the wake and bake variety has been different.

Last edited by Flames0910; 04-20-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #70
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
By big deal I guess I mean, why bother to go and make an "International Day" for it? Were you not going to smoke pot tonight if the day wasn't dedicated to it?
IMO today actually isn't about the 'potheads' but rather the people that smoke it here and there. For the most part most of my friends don't actually smoke weed, ever, but today is the day they want to get together and smoke a big fatty, watch Super Troopers and make friends with a big bag of chips. Just like St Patty's day you could get drunk without it being an "International Day" for it, but you use it as an excuse to drink. Or do you use it to recognize the Saints of Ireland?
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #71
dustyanddaflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Meh, whatever, can't say I am a pot smoker anymore, but there is no harm in something like this and I actually kind of find it funny that there is one day set aside for pot users.

I guess my biggest thing with the people bashing it, is that these are the same people who buy fricken straw hats, wranglers and a belt buckle for Stampede, and when its over, it is back to suit and tie and the downtown business life. Talk about hypocritical, and coming from a farming background, there is nothing more disturbing than seeing a man who has never been on a farm in his life, wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat that is backwards.
dustyanddaflames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustyanddaflames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #72
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #73
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Who needs alcohol, cigarettes and coffee to enjoy their lives? Oh wait....it is to "blow off some steam and enhance their happy lives"..

Anyone who separates these things is an absolute hypocrite, and not all that intellegent.
mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #74
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I use alcohol to get free rides in police cars.
Ha! I used pot once to get the same kind of ride... though there were some additional 'firearm' aspects to that ride too... pot certainly doesn't increase your rational-thought capacity!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #75
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
IMO today actually isn't about the 'potheads' but rather the people that smoke it here and there. For the most part most of my friends don't actually smoke weed, ever, but today is the day they want to get together and smoke a big fatty, watch Super Troopers and make friends with a big bag of chips.
That's cool. I just woke up this morning and saw a bunch of "OMG!!! HAPPY 420!!!!" things on Facebook. I find that obnoxious. I don't care about the people who want to hang out and smoke pot with their friends. It's the broadcasting that annoys me.

Quote:
Just like St Patty's day you could get drunk without it being an "International Day" for it, but you use it as an excuse to drink. Or do you use it to recognize the Saints of Ireland?
I use it as an excuse to put green food colouring into the things that don't require it.

Seriously though, I actually really like St. Patrick's Day because it's the only time I can go to a bar and hear Celtic music. Yeah, I usually drink on St. Patrick's Day but I don't drink because it's St. Patrick's Day.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #76
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Fair enough. Are you aware that almost every single day/week/month in the Calendar is an "International Day" of something? This one just happens to be popular. I'd argue the very popularity of it confirms the reason for it's existence; because people are in to it.

People are in to Oktoberfest in Germany (and everywhere) because they like to drink. They do it every other day, but Oktoberfest is a 'celebration' of it (common perception at least). I suppose this is the same sort of deal.

Tough to imagine the pot-heads of the world making a 'big deal' out of anything (aside from legalization).
Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #77
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #78
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Can I celebrate this by drinking Rum?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast

Last edited by Yeah_Baby; 04-20-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Clearly I'm retarded.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #79
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Fair enough. Are you aware that almost every single day/week/month in the Calendar is an "International Day" of something? This one just happens to be popular. I'd argue the very popularity of it confirms the reason for it's existence; because people are in to it.

People are in to Oktoberfest in Germany (and everywhere) because they like to drink. They do it every other day, but Oktoberfest is a 'celebration' of it (common perception at least). I suppose this is the same sort of deal.

Tough to imagine the pot-heads of the world making a 'big deal' out of anything (aside from legalization).
I think the difference between the two, is that a lot of people celebrate things like Oktoberfest by drinking. They're not celebrating the fact that they're drinkers.

Us drinkers have it rough. We get told to go to meetings if we want to celebrate the fact that we drink.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #80
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can I celebrate this buy drinking Rum?
Aye matey.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote