Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #21
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Scottie Nell Hughes: Trump’s infidelities don’t count because he’s ‘friends’ with his ex-wives

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/scot...-his-ex-wives/
Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #22
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Headline - Local presidential debate focus group members seem to favor Donald Trump

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/elect...3929cecd8.html

Quote:
McQueen speculated that Trump's income tax returns have not been released because of a conspiracy involving Clinton, the Internal Revenue Service and President Barack Obama.
'murica!
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #23
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
He's appealing to the people who have been left behind in the last 15-20 years. Unfortunately for them upper class tax cuts that didn't help the first time around won't help again.
I can see why it's a tricky line for Clinton to walk, but someone needs to take Trump to task for basically going all-in on destroying foreign relations just to bring some crappy jobs back to the US. The only tangible policies to his campaign are to keep out and deport Mexicans, and create a trade war to bring back factories to the US. These are the two policies he trumpets as how he will increase jobs in the US.

The absolute best case scenarios to these two things is that we can now have all those jobs that un-documented Mexicans are currently doing, and put a few thousand more people to work in factory jobs. I can't imagine that there are too many worse jobs than those two categories.

She should be pointing out that he is insulting the American public by thinking that those are the jobs that the majority of the country wants. The trick is doing it in a way that doesn't insult the blue collar workers that are part of her base in key states.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #24
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I can see why it's a tricky line for Clinton to walk, but someone needs to take Trump to task for basically going all-in on destroying foreign relations just to bring some crappy jobs back to the US. The only tangible policies to his campaign are to keep out and deport Mexicans, and create a trade war to bring back factories to the US. These are the two policies he trumpets as how he will increase jobs in the US.

The absolute best case scenarios to these two things is that we can now have all those jobs that un-documented Mexicans are currently doing, and put a few thousand more people to work in factory jobs. I can't imagine that there are too many worse jobs than those two categories.

She should be pointing out that he is insulting the American public by thinking that those are the jobs that the majority of the country wants. The trick is doing it in a way that doesn't insult the blue collar workers that are part of her base in key states.
I agree but it's trickier because it's just not crappy jobs. Auto and Manufacturing are gone too. I personally don't think the people affected are at 'america is going to hell' levels but it's something Hillary needs to address better.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #25
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Make #### up, hope no one checks, repeat.

Quote:
Major GarrettVerified account
‏@MajorCBS
On @foxandfriends @realDonaldTrump said he won a @CBSNews post-debate poll. We did not conduct a post-debate poll.
https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/780747025398763520
Old 09-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #26
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a reason why Clinton never bashes George Bush a bit more? Next time Trump claims that Clinton and Obama are the founders of ISIS, why can't she rebuke that with a quick mention of George W and the fallout that has been talked about recently? Not fair game?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #27
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Make #### up, hope no one checks, repeat.

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/780747025398763520
In fairness, he may have been referring to the poll on the CBS New York site, http://http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2...ential-debate/
Old 09-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #28
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Is there a reason why Clinton never bashes George Bush a bit more? Next time Trump claims that Clinton and Obama are the founders of ISIS, why can't she rebuke that with a quick mention of George W and the fallout that has been talked about recently? Not fair game?
Because she supported a lot of his policies including going into Iraq so she doesn't want to give Trump ammunition to counter. And contrary to popular belief the Bushes and Clintons are quite close. Probably reason #1 the Bushes are going nowhere near Trump.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #29
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
There's an unwritten rule that you don't attack previous presidents when you're trying to join their club. The current incumbent is fair game but after that the gloves go on.

It also doesn't really serve any purpose but embolden Bush supporters. She can't tar and feather the entire GOP, it needs to be consistently on message about Trump specifically.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #30
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Because she supported a lot of his policies including going into Iraq so she doesn't want to give Trump ammunition to counter. And contrary to popular belief the Bushes and Clintons are quite close. Probably reason #1 the Bushes are going nowhere near Trump.
Yeah that was my thinking as well - too risky and she isn't exactly extreme left when it comes to the military
Old 09-27-2016, 09:31 AM   #31
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
In fairness, he may have been referring to the poll on the CBS New York site, http://http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2...ential-debate/
That's not a real poll. If I can vote 20,000 times (and if I had the effort/will, I could) it's not worth taking seriously. Which didn't matter to his campaign manager who tweeted a story that said Trump won all the online polls, before deleting it 30 seconds later. She's another one (like Pence) who is likely coming to grips with the reality that her soul is gone and the orange goblin has it now.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #32
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
If that's his retort, then good luck to him. Claiming to win a CBS News poll when really it was a local affiliate online poll is a pretty ridiculous misrepresentation of facts.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #33
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post

You mean like the high paying engineering and IT jobs that are going overseas? I think you being a bit naive.

Certainly, Trump was not impressive, but the offshoring of good jobs is a big issue in the US.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #34
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I want don't believe in conspiracy theories but" - The guy who is the President of the fan club of the biggest conspiracy theory in recent memory

Quote:
Despite his apparent sniffles throughout the night, Trump said he did not have a cold or allergies. He blamed the noises on his microphone, which he said could not be heard well in the room.

“I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories, of course,” Trump said. “But it was much lower than hers, and it was crackling.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...97f_story.html
Old 09-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #35
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"I SAY NOTHING!"

*says a bunch of things*
Old 09-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #36
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Weird that his mic was so low yet he was able to talk over her at various times.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #37
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The whole 'stop and frisk' portion for Trump was a disaster. I get it appeals to his racist voters but he was so bad there. Arguing about it with Holt, claiming that it was a judges fault, would have won on appeal. He did say something about taking away guns too, didnt he? So he is pro guncontrol in an unconstitutional way...hmmm.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #38
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kept hearing this sound every time Trump said Law and Order.

The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #39
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
The whole 'stop and frisk' portion for Trump was a disaster. I get it appeals to his racist voters but he was so bad there. Arguing about it with Holt, claiming that it was a judges fault, would have won on appeal. He did say something about taking away guns too, didnt he? So he is pro guncontrol in an unconstitutional way...hmmm.
The stop and frisk portion of the debate was cringe inducing. It's absolutely unconstitutional and a affront to people's dignity. This isn't East Berlin. Regardless of the net positive outcome, the ends do not justify the means when it comes to stop and frisk.

From what I gathered from the gun control portion, Trump exclaimed his support for banning firearm sales to those on a no fly list, and helping people get off said list if they have been wrongly placed on it. The rest of his gun grabbing pertained to stop and frisk, getting firearms out of the hands of criminals, yada yada. Clintons proposal during the debate on controls cuts a larger swath on prohibitions outside of just a no fly list and gang activity.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #40
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
That's not a real poll. If I can vote 20,000 times (and if I had the effort/will, I could) it's not worth taking seriously. Which didn't matter to his campaign manager who tweeted a story that said Trump won all the online polls, before deleting it 30 seconds later. She's another one (like Pence) who is likely coming to grips with the reality that her soul is gone and the orange goblin has it now.
You know that, I know that, but it doesn't stop him and his supporters using it to create a narrative.
Closed Thread

Tags
don't vote=don't complain , emails!!! (people cared) , murica , orange vs. blue , please no scott adams