Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

View Poll Results: What will the Tkachuk hearing result be?
No discipine 57 14.29%
Fine 175 43.86%
1 game 123 30.83%
2 games 37 9.27%
3 games 3 0.75%
4 or more games 4 1.00%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #141
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Phone hearing will take place later this afternoon, once the team has arrived in Washington and all relevant parties settled in.

Shannon on Hockey Central still calling Tkachuk's hit suspendable - he really seems to have a dog in this fight for some reason.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #142
TBone290
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
My thoughts summed up on the elbow:

Love it! haha "The millions....(fans: "and millions") and millions of Tkachuk's fans "

Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #143
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Phone hearing will take place later this afternoon, once the team has arrived in Washington and all relevant parties settled in.

Shannon on Hockey Central still calling Tkachuk's hit suspendable - he really seems to have a dog in this fight for some reason.
Which is funny because I can't find him saying anything about the Hall elbow on Kassian.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #144
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure why the elbow lovers are so defensive? We still love Tkachuk. It's just that it is a dirty play and i can see him getting suspended a game over it.

But then again I'm a hypocrite, because I thought it was hilarious when Bourque speared Doughty in the nuts... Course we were losing that game and it was frustrating as hell watching it.

and of course i don't know how to post youtube vids...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8G...8&spfreload=10

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 03-20-2017 at 10:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #145
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

The outside media is and other fans are gonna love to hate this kid. He's gonna have a microscope on him and every time he does something a bit over the line it will get blown out of proportion. Doughty was fine after it and they were battling all night, it's hockey and the Flames are in the thick of a playoff race. I think a fine would do
Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #146
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Not surprised that the league would be stepping in now. Tkachuk already has a list of borderline plays, so they likely do feel that they need to step in now, and curb this behavior. If they don't it will just keep escalating until it gets to a point where they will have to punish it.

That said, Doughty is no saint, and that was a text book Christiano Ronaldo dive. In today's NHL an elbow shot like that is viewed much differently than the same play was even 15 years ago. But I don't buy that it was a blatant attempt to destroy another man's livelihood. It was a you give me shat, and I'll give it right back type of act. This type of thing happened multiple times a game in Prince George Mens Rec League...so I have a hard time seeing this as heinous.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #147
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I'm all for anything that bothers John Shannon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #148
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just don't know. At first I thought it was a dirty elbow but after hearing the shoulder idea and watching it again it looks to me it was should contact with Doughty's chin and not an elbow at all. Yes Tkachuk's arm goes back into him, but as he skates away you can tell where the elbow stripes are and it looks like lower-mid chest, not chin level.

Wish there was an other angle.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #149
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't read the whole thread, but is there an update on whether or not Doughty will get a hearing for headbutting Tkachuk's elbow?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #150
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

@myregularface posted the hit on Tkachuk afterwards.

See it here

Last edited by ComixZone; 03-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #151
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
I wouldn't even say the refs missed it.

It would have been impossible for the refs to not see the play . The refs determined it wasn't a penalty. Both of them.
The ref right beside where the hit took place was looking away right when it happened. You can see it on the replay.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #152
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

The optics are so simple.
A call should have been made on the play.
The Flames basically scored twice while Tkachuk should have been in the box and put the game away.
The player has dodged discipline a few times this year, where something could have happened.

Therefore the NHL has to do something this time.
What that is, no one knows.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #153
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, Hall threw his elbow straight back into Kassian's face, Kassian left the ice bleeding and Hall didn't even get a hearing?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #154
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
So, Hall threw his elbow straight back into Kassian's face, Kassian left the ice bleeding and Hall didn't even get a hearing?
Correct.

Edit: Looks like Hall got 4 minutes for high sticking?

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 03-20-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #155
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think its somewhere between a 2 minute minor and a 1 game suspension. Kings definitely have a right to be upset with the missed call on the ice. The wheel of justice can spin for what the ending consequence is. But anywhere in that ballpark is okay with me.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #156
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I think the way Doughty basically goes down like a sack of potatoes makes it worse.

Elbowing is a 2 min minor in most cases. Don't see why it should be anything else here.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #157
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
hen again I'm a hypocrite, because I thought it was hilarious when Bourque speared Doughty in the nuts... Course we were losing that game and it was frustrating as hell watching it.
That was the night I lost respect for Doughty. I thought he milked that worse than it was too. You don't get speared in the nuts and then just get up like nothing happened.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #158
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Tkachuk is watching the puck come around the board, feels Doughty coming and goes to box him out with his arm, arm gets up and catches him in the head. To me, an intereference call should have been called. Suspension? No, as it's his first offense and Doughty played the whole game no problem and had the most minutes. Fine? I believe so

My problem is the run that Pearson did right after, isn't the the kind of thing they want to take out of the game? Why is there no punishment for that?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #159
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I actually can't tell because there's no good angle - did he actually elbow him or was it the butt end of the stick in the face? Either way, he turtles hilariously.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #160
TBone290
First Line Centre

Exp:

The elbow was dirty, no doubt about it. But #### happens. Tkachuk is that kind of player where he's gonna walk a fine line. I'm just glad we don't have a player like Burrows, Neil, Cooke, or Torres.

Remember earlier in the season, where he threw a reverse hit on someone (can't remember who though) but that awesome.

And as Darren Haynes tweeted, Tkachuck has only 2 minor penalties since the All-Star break. Two!! Seems like he's cleaned up his act a bit, to say the least.
Closed Thread