Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #81
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

AC2 is still repetitive but has more variety in it's repetitiveness.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #82
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

finished this game last weekend. Didn't bother with a lot of the side missions though. They were extremely repetitive.

I did do the 6 assassin's tombs though. You get pretty awesome gear from finishing them, which makes anything from that point on a breeze.

Overall, I'd recommend the game, but there are better out there. It seems as though games just keep getting better and better. What was amazing a year ago becomes standard.

This game was also on sale at Best Buy for 19.99 a couple of weeks ago. So definitely worth that price.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #83
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
basically everything that was wrong with the first game, they fixed for the second. once you start playing AC2, there's no way you'll be able to go back and play the first again
Yup. Everything that was repetitive, wrong, annoying, they fixed.

It really deserved the GotY award it got from a few sites/tv shows.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #84
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
basically everything that was wrong with the first game, they fixed for the second. once you start playing AC2, there's no way you'll be able to go back and play the first again
Ya that's pretty much what I figured, hence why I played the original one first. As I was sayin before, just love the whole Crusades in Outremer theme, especially from the Muslim perspective, so had to check er out first. Haha I knew if I played AC2 first there'd be no going back. I love how the 2nd one picks up right where the first one leaves off, its essentially gonna feel like I'm still playing the same game, save for the increased awesomeness. Oh why must the woman be coming over tonight, girls ruin everything..

Thanks for the replies guys. You're the wind beneath my wings.

Last edited by Sainters7; 05-29-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #85
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been playing ACII for about 15min and I can already tell I'm never playing the original AC again. It just handles so much smoother. Glad to see they finally put some funny dialogue in too, I think the first one tried to be way too serious.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #86
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

I am fairly deep into AC2...this is what I consider a true video game. I am really enjoying playing and collecting the assorted 'goals', from the lookout points to the tombs. Very fun.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #87
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can't wait for the next sequel. i just hope it doesn't take place in WWII like the rumors are suggesting, there's been way too many games in that setting already. personally i'd like to see something in early north america, like the american revolution or civil war. guns were around, but were only good for 1 or 2 shots before it became close combat and swordplay was still present so i think it could work. would be cool to climb around old Philidephia or Boston. and who knows, maybe they could fit the assassination of Lincoln into the story
I'm still early in the 2nd one, but based on those statues at Ezio's villa next to the locked Altair uniform, I'd say the next game will take place as one of those six statued Assassins(since Altair's already in there). I think there was a Mongol, Babylonian, Egyptian, Roman, Japanese, and a Persian.

Can't see it being a Persian, since the game's kind of similar to Prince of Persia as it is. And I wouldn't think Roman either, since this one's already in Italy. I just have a feeling it won't be Mongols(though that'd be sweet), so it's probably Babylonian, Egyptian or Japanese. I think Egyptian would be incredible, and Babylonian as well. Japanese would too but they've already had enough games like that already(Dynasty Warriors, etc).
Old 06-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #88
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Part of me still wants a Victorian Era Assassin's Creed. I love how they are doing another standalone game starring Ezio before ACIII though....
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #89
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

a sign of things to come?

http://www.destructoid.com/ubisoft-t...--175360.phtml
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #90
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^
Didn't see that until just now. Oh God, please let it be Egypt.

Getting to the end of ACII, such an awesome game. I love the music that accompanies it too, it seems so fitting to the given situation. I just love wondering around cities and checking out everything, the graphics are top notch. I think my only complaint graphics-wise is the water in Venice. It just looks so phoney, its how Fiji water looks through the bottle or something. I just remember playing GTA IV and thinking that they finally made water look real, so its weird how a game that came out 2 years later has water that doesn't look near as good. On the plus side though, ACII is the first game I've seen where trees finally look real, specifically the leaves. Every game I've played before this, including GTA IV, leaves on trees always looked kinda blotchy and meshed together.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #91
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just beat the game. Am I the only one disappointed that you couldn't look around Rome?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #92
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Just beat the game. Am I the only one disappointed that you couldn't look around Rome?
Then you're in luck. The AC game come out next is based off of AC2. Still in Italy, has multiplayer and Rome now.

http://kotaku.com/5467815/ezio-goes-...ssassins-creed
http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/#/weapons

I think that Egypt this is for a comic or something.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #93
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Uh oh...

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...n-s-creed.aspx
Old 06-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #94
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This is the part that hit me hard, "Désilets may not have the mainstream recognition of other major game developers who have departed their studios this year, such as former Infinity Ward heads Jason West or Vince Zampella, but he certainly commands that level of respect in industry circles."

Jason West and Vince Zampella aren't good game developers, they are terrible greedy employees who think their game is the best game to ever grace the world.

Desilets is someone who has made a bunch of AAA titles without ever getting into the spotlight.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #95
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

trailer for the new game

http://kotaku.com/5562704/assassins-...ods-e3-trailer
Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #96
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol @ one of the comments on digg about this:

Quote:
Am I the only person that finds it kind of lame a bunch of uber-assassins would chose to charge right into a heavily armed squadron of guards rather than having them mysteriously fall down stairs or have fatal shaving accidents all in the same day?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #97
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I finished Assassins Creed II last night. Yeah, I know, a little late to the party. Am I the only one who thinks this game was really overrated? Super repetitive, boring and easy combat, an overly contrived story. Why couldn't they just make a game set in ancient Italy rather than dress it up with all the uber geeky stuff like the "animus". The only thing that kept me going in the end was knowing I'd probably have a chance to assassinate a pope. Some of the art design was great though. Cities were awesome to look at, climbing and running on rooftops was fun.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #98
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
So I finished Assassins Creed II last night. Yeah, I know, a little late to the party. Am I the only one who thinks this game was really overrated? Super repetitive, boring and easy combat, an overly contrived story. Why couldn't they just make a game set in ancient Italy rather than dress it up with all the uber geeky stuff like the "animus". The only thing that kept me going in the end was knowing I'd probably have a chance to assassinate a pope. Some of the art design was great though. Cities were awesome to look at, climbing and running on rooftops was fun.
AC2 super repetitive? I think not.

AC2 is worth all it's praise, Uncharted 2 is over-rated.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #99
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
AC2 super repetitive? I think not.

AC2 is worth all it's praise, Uncharted 2 is over-rated.
Ugh, of course you think Uncharted is overrated. Silly Xbox gamer. Anyways if someone thinks that AC II is repetitive I hope to god they don't play AC.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #100
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

You guys can stop arguing. Both AC2 and Uncharted are boring, repetitive, and overrated.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote