Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #4861
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
That's just something Flames fans made up anyway.

He doesn't get special treatment.
Or maybe the idea that he doesn't is something Oilers fans made up.

Was leading the league in January in penalties drawn by 8 PIM. Probably has padded his lead since.
Part of it is his speed, but just going fast doesn't mean a penalty actually happened on the play. A lot of time he falls, and there just happens to be an opposing player in the vicinity.

Think you should look again. But then again, probably won't make a difference as Oiler fans generally aren't capable of looking at things objectively.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #4862
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just look at that the penalty shot he got in game 1 against the Flames. That was embarrassing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #4863
FlamesFan?101
Lifetime Suspension

His speed is just flat out ridiculous, dmen really can't do anything except take a penalty. When you're going that fast, even a slight infraction will throw you off. We see the same thing when Gaudreau winds it up and dances, but McDavid does it at another level
Old 04-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #4864
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
That's just something Flames fans made up anyway.

He doesn't get special treatment.
Sorry, but I think your credibility is in question here, your honor I move to strike Oil Stains comments from the records.

Oh and your honor

Oil Stain will probably file the same objection about me.

But if you subscribe now I'll throw in absolutely free a copy of the album Connor McDavid . . . my best . . . dives

And I'll throw in this Referees don't help out da Connor from his 2017 album, Holy Diver part 2

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #4865
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan101 View Post
His speed is just flat out ridiculous, dmen really can't do anything except take a penalty. When you're going that fast, even a slight infraction will throw you off. We see the same thing when Gaudreau winds it up and dances, but McDavid does it at another level
LOL... so transparent, so very transparent.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #4866
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 05:36 PM   #4867
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Wish we had a player like Hopkins. Him and Iginla would be a thing to watch.
Quote:
I would trade the world to get Yakupov.

Baertschi + 1st + 3rd, they'd probably want a lot more though, rightfully so
Quote from FlamesFan101(Thread locked)
Taylor Hall is going to be a player that we're going to love to hate. What a game changer. Reminds me of prime Iggy.

Quote:
We should've won the game in CGY. The Oilers' top line stepped up when it needed to, give them credit. Nurse is a beast, gonna hate playing him in the future.

Was expecting a loss in EDM. Oilers just had too much talent for us to keep up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
LOL... so transparent, so very transparent.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #4868
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Not a FlamesFan. Sad schtick.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #4869
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Pathetic.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #4870
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know. You got to give him credit for sticking with it. I would have forgotten by now and said something out of character. I also appreciate the originality compared to the usual rubbish form up north.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #4871
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

There is no use, in my mind, in pretending that McDavid isn't one of the best, if not the best, player in the world right now.

I hate the fact that he was gifted to the Oilers as much as anyone else but he's there and he's incredible.

Whoever faces Edmonton will have a tough time in containing him. Where Edmonton will be exposed is through the rest of their lineup. Their depth, or lack thereof, will be their downfall in what I think will be a very short-lived playoff appearance.
The Following User Says Thank You to schteve_d For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #4872
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
Why I seldom post the immaturity of some posters in here is embarrassing at times. I find this and the Canucks thread does not shine a good light on Calgary's sport fans . And I would bet a lot of former Flames players feel the same.
Are there some immature posters on this site? Sure. Do I feel embarrassed by their comments? Well, not really, but I can see why it may personally affect you - though you shouldn't be 'embarrassed'.

Go look at some other boards - Flames' or rivals, or even other teams' boards. You will see quite the number of terrible posters.

Look at HF Flames. I don't bother reading their threads as I find a lot of the posters that were 'embarrassing' and difficult to deal with have been long banned from this board and go there instead. Plus, it is much less active here. For Flames' coverage, this board is that much better, and it is much better because it is much better moderated to remove 'embarrassing' or inflammatory posters that just cause arguments rather than be conducive to a good discussion.

Now, does this mean that there aren't 'embarrassing posters' that seem to find a (useless) kick from walking that 'fine line' and JUST manage to not get banned? Sure. I don't like those posters either, and I just either ignore their posts or don't pay much attention anyways.

I just find there are a lot less of them than in other forums that I have been on. This site does a pretty good job at moderating, and that is why I think this site has been the 'busy' one.

Now go and visit other teams' sites, and come back and tell us there aren't 'embarrassing' posters with disparaging comments. I will call you a liar.

You are talking about a rivalry - and emotions play into them. Why do I hate the Oilers above all else? Because I remember the intense rivalry back then. Now the rivalry is starting to once again be a thing, and this is only the tip of the iceberg. Wait a few years, and you will really see what it is all about. Wait until people actually get, you know.. emotional here again. I just feel sorry for the mods on this site, especially if the Flames and Oilers meet in the playoffs this year. There is going to be a TONNE of posts they will have to address by fans of BOTH teams.

It will be glorious (and embarrassing... but damn right spectacular)!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #4873
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

lock this thread up mods... before you can all say it "TROLL"... finish 4tg flames Boa let's do this
Old 04-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #4874
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha the Oilers are barely in first based on a tiebreaker. Maybe wait until you've actually clinched before planning the division champs parade.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #4875
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
lock this thread up mods... before you can all say it "TROLL"... finish 4tg flames Boa let's do this
Are typos a part of your act?
Old 04-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #4876
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
A one line team that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. The Oilers are no good.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #4877
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How does one good season erase 10 seasons of suck? It doesnt.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #4878
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why would the mods listen to the one guy actually trolling on here?

You do realize a poor playoff performance would almost entirely erase the accomplishments in the regular season right? That's all perennial playoff team fans look back on, something you will (/might) learn.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #4879
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Are typos a part of your act?
well at least you've moved on from the sweet pants and mullet jokes...
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #4880
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
well at least you've moved on from the sweet pants and mullet jokes...
Guess that whole fly on the wall thing was BS, huh?
Closed Thread