Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #241
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
yeah it is a little ridiculous, but they have changed it enough that fortunately we have no idea what is happening beyond the general arc. I'm not sure how they are going to show Negan burning someones face like that though since that point has already passed IIRC. Maybe Dwight will just tell them when he starts to turn?
it was so long ago but from what I remember, some other guy gets the Two-Face punishment for breaking Negan's harem rules as Dwight looks on, and it's assumed that he did the same thing a while back.

what's crazy is how not only are Negan and Dwight (aka Megatron and Starscream, thanks Teh_Bandwagoner!) still kicking around, but I think it's officially now over 1/3rd of the entire comic series they've survived and look like they're going to play very prominent roles again soon.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #242
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Did anyone else get warned to stay out of the TV thread? Apparently this post by me was a spoiler and I'm not allowed in there anymore.
I stirred the hornets nest but wasn't banned. They are a sensitive bunch. O_o

Your post is a spoiler but if there are any characters that are safe it has to be Rick and Carl. If Rick dies it will be in the series finale.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #243
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
it was so long ago but from what I remember, some other guy gets the Two-Face punishment for breaking Negan's harem rules as Dwight looks on, and it's assumed that he did the same thing a while back.

what's crazy is how not only are Negan and Dwight (aka Megatron and Starscream, thanks Teh_Bandwagoner!) still kicking around, but I think it's officially now over 1/3rd of the entire comic series they've survived and look like they're going to play very prominent roles again soon.
I really wonder how/if they are going to use Dwight as the insider, killing Denise kinda tells me there's no way he'd ever be able to fill that role from the comics.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:35 AM   #244
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
I stirred the hornets nest but wasn't banned. They are a sensitive bunch. O_o

Your post is a spoiler but if there are any characters that are safe it has to be Rick and Carl. If Rick dies it will be in the series finale.
I didn't think it was a spoiler, I was basing it off of what happened on the show. I followed it up with this.

Quote:
I still don't buy it. If Carl was picked Negan wouldn't have said "If anyone moves cut the kids other eye out and feed it to his father." because it makes no sense. His motive is punishment for killing people so he is going to kill one of theirs, if anyone interferes with that he is going to make Carl a second victim as punishment for interfering.
I dunno, I'm just confused how my comment is an issue when its personal opinion.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #245
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
I really wonder how/if they are going to use Dwight as the insider, killing Denise kinda tells me there's no way he'd ever be able to fill that role from the comics.
Didn't he kill Abraham in the comics?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #246
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't think it was a spoiler, I was basing it off of what happened on the show. I followed it up with this.

I dunno, I'm just confused how my comment is an issue when its personal opinion.
Ya, there's been a few posters in here that have been over there trying to lead the conversation though. If you know what happened it's pretty hard to say your opinion is based solely on what's happened on the show.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #247
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Didn't he kill Abraham in the comics?
I can't recall, if so I guess it's possible to stay fairly true, although in reality I think Daryl would kill him. And since Daryl isn't in the comics we don't know how his story line interweaves with Dwight.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #248
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post

Yeah he does, but that is before Glenn, it is when Negan has Carl, which they skipped in the show.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #249
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
Yeah he does, but that is before Glenn, it is when Negan has Carl, which they skipped in the show.
Skipped? Aren't they just not there yet?

From what I remember, Negan's first appearance in the comics is the same as on the show. Carl stows away in the truck after the Saviors ransack Alexandria, which should happen early next season.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #250
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Skipped? Aren't they just not there yet?

From what I remember, Negan's first appearance in the comics is the same as on the show. Carl stows away in the truck after the Saviors ransack Alexandria, which should happen early next season.
why was I thinking it came before?
Old 04-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #251
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Did anyone else get warned to stay out of the TV thread? Apparently this post by me was a spoiler and I'm not allowed in there anymore.
Probably because you stated it more as a point of fact without pointing out the obvious to them. The fact that he said to feed him his own eye if they pussied out, everyone should be able to deduce that he has decided to NOT kill Carl. But I find that a lot of the posters in that thread are so busy looking for things they don't like they miss big parts of the show.

That would be my take on why you got booted.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 AM   #252
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just watched the comic con trailer in the other thread and hot damn that was a great trailer. Ezekiel and Shiva have been revealed, I am so excited.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #253
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ya it looks like they are going to follow the comics along for a while. That trailer was really good.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #254
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

With GoT saying season 8 will be the series finale, do you think the end is coming for the Walking Dead soon? Personally I think they may be able to squeeze out 2/3 more seasons but beyond that?
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #255
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
With GoT saying season 8 will be the series finale, do you think the end is coming for the Walking Dead soon? Personally I think they may be able to squeeze out 2/3 more seasons but beyond that?
their was always an end game set for GoT, I am not sure that is the case for TWD
Old 07-31-2016, 01:12 PM   #256
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish I could change my vote. I now think it's Maggie who dies by the bat.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:54 PM   #257
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I wish I could change my vote. I now think it's Maggie who dies by the bat.
Why do you think it will be Maggie? It leaves a giant hole if they write her out. I think to have the impact it did in the comics it has to be Glenn or Darryl.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #258
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
The Walking Dead is only like half way through the source material, and new source material comes out all the time. GoT has one more book left.

They will keep making Walking Dead until it no longer becomes profitable to do so. The show also has the advantage of being able to write out cast members without issue.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #259
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK so I think I'm all caught up. Season six episode 16 where the Rick and his group are surrounded by the thugs and the guy with the barbwire wrapped baseball bat is talking is the last episode right? The episode ends with him beating an unknown person.

Can someone confirm before I start googling stuff and potentially ruin something for myself?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #260
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
OK so I think I'm all caught up. Season six episode 16 where the Rick and his group are surrounded by the thugs and the guy with the barbwire wrapped baseball bat is talking is the last episode right? The episode ends with him beating an unknown person.

Can someone confirm before I start googling stuff and potentially ruin something for myself?
You're caught up.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote