Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2016, 03:42 AM   #221
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I saw Batman v Superman on the weekend and found it funny that Bruce's parents were played by Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

He went from playing her husband, who gets killed alongside her, in one comic book adaptation to playing the guy who kills her husband (maybe) in another comic book adaptation.
that is kind of funny
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #222
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
I dunno, I think this is the one time they have to follow the comics, Maggie doesn't go to the Hilltop and take over without Glenn dying.
Do they need that to happen? In the comics the cell for Negan is at Hilltop, but in the show it's in Alexandria. Maybe Rick won't be moving everyone to Hilltop on the show?

I wonder if it's a budget thing? Maybe it would be easier to film Alexandria than Hilltop?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #223
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

IMO it has to be Glenn. This death is what motivates Rick in All out war. The other's are great characters but Glenn has been with Rick since the beginning. That scene was so good, it really was pee pee time.

I thought that episode was great, people saying it dragged but the growing sense of despair just made the ending perfect. I don't think they could do much better given it's a tv show. It's going to be hard to really portray Negan as he can't lace his dialogue with fbombs.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #224
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Do they need that to happen? In the comics the cell for Negan is at Hilltop, but in the show it's in Alexandria. Maybe Rick won't be moving everyone to Hilltop on the show?

I wonder if it's a budget thing? Maybe it would be easier to film Alexandria than Hilltop?
No, the cell is in Alexandria in the comics and they continue to live there, the new people find him when Rick is at the Hilltop to let Carl stay there. The cells at the Hilltop are used for Carl & Alpha's daughter (I forget her name)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #225
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No, the cell is in Alexandria in the comics and they continue to live there, the new people find him when Rick is at the Hilltop to let Carl stay there. The cells at the Hilltop are used for Carl & Alpha's daughter (I forget her name)
Oh right, maybe it still will be Glenn then. I just wonder if it will be Abraham because he was saying he was ready to have a kid, which I wonder if it's a kiss of death.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #226
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Glenn saved Rick originally and he is the main reason that he was able to find his family, so that death would shake Rick and be his motivation. I could see Michonne being a good one to since they are now 'lovers'.

I wish they would have showed us who, now how do you start the next season? With that scene? It will be so out of context after so many months off and lose its dramatic effect. They should have showed us who and just ended it with him pointing his bat at Rick with the line about opening his mouth or something, cut to black. Then start next season with Negans crew ransacking Alexandria and Rick forced to take it in front of everyone.. and we go from there.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #227
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they will start next season with them driving in the RV to Hilltop, probably a shot of Rick stone faced and red eyed with a snippet of the Negan monologue playing in the background. Then you get a flashback to the moment right before he picks the victim, then we see the reactions of the group as they watch whoever get beat to death.

Fade into opening credits and theme song.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #228
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya and that will have about 1/4 of the effect it could have had if they just showed us, one hit to the person, the screaming, then the crunch sounds on the black screen till nothing.

By the time it comes around it won't be like OMG NO NOT HIM/HER!!! it will be Ahh so its him/her that died, ok.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #229
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the best way to start the new season is to leave everyone wondering and focus on Morgan & Carol and the subsequent introduction of Ezekiel & Shiva.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #230
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think the best way to start the new season is to leave everyone wondering and focus on Morgan & Carol and the subsequent introduction of Ezekiel & Shiva.
Ha, could you imagine? People would be livid if they didn't find out who died in episode 1.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #231
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

And with this finale ladies and gentlemen I bid you all adieu!

I dont know anything else really about the show and I've not read the comics. Pretty much all I knew about was that it was supposed to be Glenn that was killed.

So from here I bow out and stick to the other thread. Its been fun folks.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #232
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

They had 11 minutes of monologue, should have included this. Pretty important to understanding what Negan's doing here.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #233
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I was actually flipping out leading up to the end, and TV doesn't do that to me. And they pansied the ending. Or I guess they tried to do a Jon Snow with it in terms of keeping people guessing until the following season. But the anticipation won't be nearly the same. They took away what could've been the most brutal/memorable moment of the show. They just had to show the initial hit, and then panned to the reactions, then just have the audio of the following blows and viewers would be curled up traumatized on their couches. A golden opportunity missed in my opinion.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #234
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I was actually flipping out leading up to the end, and TV doesn't do that to me. And they pansied the ending. Or I guess they tried to do a Jon Snow with it in terms of keeping people guessing until the following season. But the anticipation won't be nearly the same. They took away what could've been the most brutal/memorable moment of the show. They just had to show the initial hit, and then panned to the reactions, then just have the audio of the following blows and viewers would be curled up traumatized on their couches. A golden opportunity missed in my opinion.
I think it's kind of brilliant, in the character & story sense. When the story returns we'll get to see the brutality of that moment which will provide that cringe worthy effect for the fans (that was 8 blows that could be heard so you know it will be a gruesome scene to return to), but also the immediate aftermath for the characters. Next season begins right at the end of this moment which will an immediate roller coaster for these characters and will do much to move the story forward.
sadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #235
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The problem I have with the cliffhanger is that now everyone is re-watching the ending, pondering every bit of info and there will be massive speculation for the next few months. In the novel no one saw it coming. Pure shock value. IMO no matter who gets it (Glenn....) viewers wont be shocked. They will have exhausted any emotional ties to the character pondering.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #236
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can't help but laugh at some of you weirdos going into the TV thread with your innocent questions. Really CorsiHockeyLeague, gee where did those facial scars come from, golly I'm just asking questions.

Anyways, thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan killed it, wink, as Negan. IIRC the portly creator of the series killed off Glenn in the comics because he was having trouble keeping the character to the high level the show was. Don't think it's Glenn who gets it when the show resumes. Probably Rosita.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:46 PM   #237
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Can't help but laugh at some of you weirdos going into the TV thread with your innocent questions. Really CorsiHockeyLeague, gee where did those facial scars come from, golly I'm just asking questions.

Anyways, thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan killed it, wink, as Negan. IIRC the portly creator of the series killed off Glenn in the comics because he was having trouble keeping the character to the high level the show was. Don't think it's Glenn who gets it when the show resumes. Probably Rosita.
yeah it is a little ridiculous, but they have changed it enough that fortunately we have no idea what is happening beyond the general arc. I'm not sure how they are going to show Negan burning someones face like that though since that point has already passed IIRC. Maybe Dwight will just tell them when he starts to turn?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 AM   #238
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are a lot of changes from the comic book to Walking Dead TV series from what I heard. I haven't really read the comic book at all which is good I guess. I think Negan used Lucille to kill Eugene. I actually thought he is going to get killed when he drove off the RV. His conversation with Rick then with Abraham seems like a good bye moments to me. I am hoping it was not Rosita.

Last edited by OzSome; 04-07-2016 at 06:55 AM.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #239
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It won't be a bit guy like Eugene, that would be a major cop out and the writers know it. It will either be Glenn or Daryl IMO. I hope it's Daryl, I've had about enough of him. Hopefully Carol dies too, both characters have gotten incredibly stale to me.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #240
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did anyone else get warned to stay out of the TV thread? Apparently this post by me was a spoiler and I'm not allowed in there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I think you're overanalyzing it, Carl isn't the one getting beaten.