Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #61
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just missed getting his second assist of the game: https://twitter.com/Harvard_Hockey/s...16894688968704

10 of his 15 points this season have been on the powerplay.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #62
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Hickey just scored a goal to bring BU within 1 goal of tying the game.

Providence leads BU 2-1 with less than 5 minutes to play.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #63
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harvard ended up winning 7-3. Fox finished the game with 2 assists. He goes into the Christmas/World Jr break with 8 points in his last 3 games.

BU tied Providence, 2-2. Hickey had 1 goal.

Colgate is playing a late game in Arizona. It's 2-2 after 2. Harrison has Colgate's second goal.

-----

Fox now has 16 points in 11 games, which is second on the team. 15 assists is the most on the team. His +/- is +12, top on the team. He has 13 more points than the second-best freshman, and 10 more points than the second-highest defenceman.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #64
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

u19 NCAA PPG since 2000:

Eichel 1.78
Schwartz 1.57
Parise 1.56
Fox 1.454
Cammalleri 1.452

Fox is ridiculous
Old 12-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #65
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Might have to sign after this season
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #66
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

More press for Fox: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...like_a_fox.php

Quote:
It is rare for a freshman, let alone a freshman defenseman, to make a huge impact in the ECAC. For Harvard's Adam Fox, the transition to the college game has proved to be a smooth one. In a sense, he has already become the most dynamic defender in the league.

His impact, and that of his classmate, John Marino, has made a world of difference for an offense that already was one of the best in the country.

"There is no question that the two young defensemen have given up some new dimensions on the blueline," Harvard coach Ted Donato said. "Adam has become a dynamic, offensive player for us. I think you would be hard pressed to find any player that has come in to have 16 points in his first 11 games."
Quote:
For Harvard he has done everything. He has become the talented Crimson's top defender. He has taken an intregral role and ran with it.

"Coming I was just trying get as big of a role as I could," Fox said. "I wasn't coming in with expecations of being a certain guy. I was coming in to work hard and to have as big of an impact as I could. I am trying to capitalize on the opportunity."

It is clear what he offers; his skating is smooth, he sees the ice well and his ability to move the puck around the zone is a skill set that rivals the best defenders in the ECAC, who are much older than he is.

He plays on both the power play and penalty kill. Few freshmen come into college hockey and are expected to play in all situations but he has done so, helping Harvard to some of the best special teams in the country, including a 31-percent rate on the power play, where Fox has 10 points.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #67
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Fox's numbers are insane. SSS be damned!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #68
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Hickey picks up a Shorthanded empty net goal in a 4-0 win over UVM
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 04:27 AM   #69
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #70
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Careful comparing Fox's season to Gaudreau's. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure Hockey East is much tougher than ECAC
Historically this is true, but not so sure anymore.

In the last 4 Frozen Four finals - 4 of the 8 teams have been from the ECAC (Yale, Union, Quinnipiac twice). Hockey East had 2.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #71
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

BU played their final pre-Christmas game tonight, defeating Yale 5-2. Hickey had an assist, was a +2, and had 4 shots on goal in the game.

Now, all the Flames NCAA prospects are on their Christmas breaks. Although, there's a good chance we'll be watching Fox on Team USA at the World Jrs.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #72
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Christmas break is over and teams are returning to action tonight.

Harvard has a game tonight against Rensselaer. Fox will not be playing because he's with Team USA in Toronto. This could be the only game he misses due to the World Juniors. After tonight, Harvard's next game is next Friday. The final game of the World Juniors is Thursday night, so Fox could be back in the lineup for Harvard next week (if the coach doesn't give him the night off).

Colgate is playing in a tournament at Dartmouth this weekend. Tonight they play UMass-Lowell, and depending on the results will either play Army or Dartmouth tomorrow.

BU is still off until January 5. With 7 players at the World Juniors, BU is lucky to be off this weekend. Even the game on the 5th could be problematic because that's the same night as the medal round games. If Canada and the US both make it to the medal games, BU will be missing a huge chunk of their usual roster for that game.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:52 AM   #73
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Colgate lost their game last night, 3-2. They'll play Army this afternoon.

Harrison had one of Colgate's goals. He's now on a 3 game point streak, and has 6 points in his last 6 games. He has 6G & 4A in 18 games played this season. 10 points is 4th on the team, but he's only 2 points back of the team lead (Colgate isn't doing very well this year).

Harvard won their game yesterday without Fox in the lineup. Fox will be in the lineup for Team USA against Canada this afternoon.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #74
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Colgate lost again on Saturday, 4-1 to Army.

Harrison continued his scoring streak, with Colgate's lone goal. He now has a goal in 4 straight games.

He leads the team with 7 goals on the season. His 11 points is tied for third on the team (only one point back of first).
Old 01-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #75
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did anyone ever expect anything out of Harrison? I honestly thought he was going to be a complete burnout. He has 10 more points than I ever expected out of him all season.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #76
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doubt the Flames will waste a contract spot on Harrison. Maybe they will offer an AHL/ECHL deal.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:15 AM   #77
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Harrison looked great the first training camp. Showed a tonne of grit and speed, and seemed to be everywhere.

I thought with his first season at Colgate, it was just a 'getting his feet warm' type of a season. Thought he would vastly improve the next season.

I have stopped hoping for anything regarding Harrison now. Might end up being something, but I doubt it as well. I can't see the Flames giving him a contract either, but who knows? The Flames walked away from arguably better talents this past off-season (Agostino) and even better gritty players (like Van Brabant). I haven't watched a single Colgate game, so maybe he is doing a lot of really great things that the stats don't show, but I think the Flames have better gritty guys on the farm right now with higher upside to boot (like Carrol and Smith).

Unless he is a defensive darling, I very much doubt he gets a contract thrown his way.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #78
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harrison has always been a tough player to get a read on. He plays for a team that isn't particularly strong, and they were better in his early years, when he played a more limited role.

During his time in College, Colgate has leaned heavily on its more senior players. In his freshman year, he was the youngest player on the team by 3 months, and almost a year younger than the third-youngest player on the team.

Even still, he was 19 as a freshman. He's actually 11 days older than Gillies but was drafted and played his freshman season a year after Gillies did.

I was surprised that the Flames didn't give a contract to Gilmour last year. I'll be more surprised if they do give one to Harrison this year. However, he plays a very different role than Gilmour, so anything is possible.

The best comparable on the team right now is probably Hathaway. I doubt many of us expected him to be the player who'd get a call-up and stick with the Flames this year. At this point, I doubt Hathaway will play another AHL game.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #79
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Totally agree with the Hathaway comparison. The other one for me is Josh Jooris (not on the team anymore of course). These are guys who didn't put amazing numbers or stand out in college but could make the team as a 4th line energy player because of their style of play. And they have no real upside beyond that.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #80
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have been routing for Harrison since I seen him at his first development camp, he seemed to enjoy playing the pest role and I have always had a soft spot for players who play the pest role.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote