Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #41
flamefan74
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I haven't been in the zone yet... But I have a feeling a couple weeks after release the darkzone is going to be a horrible horrible place haha

They said that the best loot is going to be in the darkzone which may or may not work... having something like end game gear tied to PvP is odd. Would be like you can only get end game gear for the Raid in destiny by going to the lighthouse. Only a few people would get there.
There is better loot in the dark zone for sure. But getting it out could be the issue if people figure on just camping at extraction points and trying to steal it. Guess we'll find out when it goes live.
flamefan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #42
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
I'm rather enjoying it.

Never got to play the closed, but jumped in with someone that did so he walked me through a lot of it... helped with the overwhelming feeling I was getting.

Was a little thrown off at first with the enemies and them being bullet sponges. Then realized that the game is an RPG, and since NY is essentially abandoned not viable to have a hundred or so enemies running at you at once... need to extend the fights.

Replayed the first mission on hard and holy #### was it a lot of fun. We had a group of 4, one was only a level 5 for the level 8 mission. So intense, so much bullets. Really brought in the team, and how to spec your skills properly for each guy. Failed hard the first time. Respec'd and then went through it with much more success.

Might not be a day 1 purchase for me, but I'm more then likely going to get this game
Id say you and I had very similar experiences with this.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #43
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I played about 5 or 6 hours of the beta over the weekend. Enough to complete the main story quests, a number of side missions and mess around in the Dark Zone for a while. It might have been enough to turn me off the game entirely.

I like the idea of the game. The setting is neat and I am always interested in games with a coop element but I am convinced the Division just isn't my cup of tea.

My worry going into the game was that enemies would be too bullet spongy. I get that it's an RPG but something about that bothers me when we're given real world weapons in a "serious" setting. I was pleasantly surprised to see that enemies were dying to single head shots while I was running around solo. Then I went into the Dark Zone... I must have shot one guy a dozen times in the face with a marksman riffle before he died. It's not necessarily a deal breaker but it was something that felt jarring to me. The solo combat experience almost felt like Rainbow Six Vegas and then it switched to something more similar to Borderlands.

I am undecided on the Dark Zone. It was neat to step into the first time. I was hesitant to wander around and hearing gunfire and explosions in distance made me want to proceed cautiously. It has a great atmosphere. I killed a few AI mobs and extracted some gear and it seemed alright.

But when I returned yesterday it was a much different experience. I spent probably half an hour just looking for something to kill. I couldn't find a thing until I accidentally stumbled into someone else's firefight. They were blocking my path so I decided to help out. Killed a few AI and proceeded on my way only for those players to shoot me in the back. Fun. It felt like I wasted half an hour.

I left the beta thinking that if you're only going to play the game solo then it might not be worth getting it at all. I don't believe enough of my friends are going to pick this one up which means I'd be playing it mostly by myself. Looking at it from the solo perspective I am not sure there is enough to keep me interested.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #44
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

I made a new video on why I think the Rikers Island raid rumor from reddit might be true.

TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #45
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Might not be a day 1 purchase for me, but I'm more then likely going to get this game
This is my approach as well. I only did closed beta. I didn't get the chance to play open beta. But from what I saw in closed was that the game was fun, but not mind-blowing where I'd drop money for in on Day 1.

I might let it sit for a few weeks/months and see what the plan is for this game. With games now in the $90 range at the minimum, I'm really cautious of which games I purchase. Have to be especially cautious with these types of game where I don't even know what the financial structure is like. Will it be $90 for base, plus $40 for a DLC a month or two down the road when content dries up?

I got a bit lucky with Destiny in getting the base game plus a season pack for $60, which gave me access to the two DLCs before Taken King got released, but I could have been just as easily burned had I only bought the base game. So I'll be watching Division's progress for the next little bit before making the jump.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:37 AM   #46
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

EB is opening an hour early in several locations to pick up the game.

I will be picking it up. I was enjoying the story and solo missions and look forward to more of that and doing multiplayer missions and potentially raids.

If anyone on Xbox one is picking it up tmrw and would like to adventure around, leave your GT here and I will add you.

Cheers!
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #47
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

End game spoilers are out lol. Warning! Don't click if you don't want to know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...ails_revealed/

I guess the Incursions are going to be the raid.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/22360-to...-detailed.html
Old 03-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #48
flamefan74
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
I will be picking it up. I was enjoying the story and solo missions and look forward to more of that and doing multiplayer missions and potentially raids.
I enjoyed the story as well. Was going to hold out on buying right away, but I caved when I saw the content plan for the year. Bought digital copy and have it downloaded ready to go. Looking forward to it.
flamefan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #49
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will be on at 10pm tonight and playing, looking forward to it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #50
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I will be on at 10pm tonight and playing, looking forward to it.
How? And damn you!
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #51
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
How? And damn you!
If you order it digitally it unlocks at 12am EST, so 10pm mountain.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #52
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

physical copy as well. Same start time.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #53
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
physical copy as well. Same start time.
If you can get the physical copy early then yes, but most places won't give them out until tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #54
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
If you can get the physical copy early then yes, but most places won't give them out until tomorrow.
Few EB game locations are giving them out early. My location at North Hill is giving them out at 10pm.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #55
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I'll be playing on PS4. juraverybadmista if you wanna add me
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #56
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't 100% but said screw it, just bought the game. Downloading now. On PS4. btimbit
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #57
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played for about an hour and now the servers are down.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #58
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I played for about an hour and now the servers are down.
Took down all of Ubisofts servers. Was playing Rainbow Six at the time they went down.

Edit. I guess not just overloaded, apparantely DDOS'ed from China

Last edited by btimbit; 03-07-2016 at 11:56 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 07:19 AM   #59
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully it saved my progress. I got through the 3 side missions and the main mission in Brooklyn, then I was just about to head over to Manhattan and I got booted.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #60
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was watching some streams. It looks really good, but I wish it was FPS rather than over the shoulder.
Might be a while before I can pick it up, as I have a pretty heavy school load for the next month. How come all the games I want are released at the worst times?
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote