The Wizard of Vause is the man.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #42
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
Seriously though, did anyone see Wolf leave the ice during OT? He was out there most of it. Gets the assist on the OT winner too.
Seriously, I think he left the ice once. Huska just kept putting others with him.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #43
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Here's the OT winner:

Link
https://gfycat.com/LinedConcreteAmericanbittern
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #44
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I love David Wolf. That's two highlight packages where you see him fighting off a guy in the corner while in control of the puck and then settling up the goal.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #45
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
I think I love David Wolf. That's two highlight packages where you see him fighting off a guy in the corner while in control of the puck and then settling up the goal.
Do the Flames have room for all of Bouma, Ferland, and Wolf on LW?

Ideally, all 3 are bottom 6 left wingers. All 3 will have to clear waivers next year. Can the Flames keep all 3 or will one of them have to be moved?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #46
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah still pumped for Wolf.
Must admit I was kinda sad looking at the game updates and not being able to hope to see Baertschi's name.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #47
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game Highlights:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #48
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

Ideally, all 3 are bottom 6 left wingers. All 3 will have to clear waivers next year. Can the Flames keep all 3 or will one of them have to be moved?
Bouma can play center, and it might be possible to have one of the other guys on the off wing. Perhaps that could be the 4th line. That'd be fun.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #49
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No, they don't. Because all 3 will be playing bottom 6. All play a similar game and similar style and it's not a Top 6 style, like you mentioned.

I think it will come down to moving one, there's no feasible way to keep all 3 and we risk losing one for nothing when all 3 do have some value in the market. At this point, I think the odd man out is Ferland. There's no way Bouma is moved, he's done nothing but prove his worth. Guys who will drop in front of puck multiple times a night and get up and play still don't come around often. The Flames cannot let him get away. I think if Wolf works on conditioning and getting up to NHL speed, he will be preferred over Ferland because he keeps showing how he can use his body and strength to protect and pass the puck. He's showing more of an offensive upside then Ferland has this year. He's also showing progression if you look at his game when he started and his game today, there is obvious growth. Ferland, he's not showing the growth and progression he should for this season. I think the Flames also have more resources invested in Wolf (and potentially even more if they do re-sign and work with him on the conditioning and skating like they did Hanowski) then they do Ferland, so if they have to make a call, it would probably be to move Ferland.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #50
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wolf was energetic in Calgary. But not particularly good without the puck, and prone to mistakes with it.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:02 AM   #51
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do the Flames have room for all of Bouma, Ferland, and Wolf on LW??
I would rather play eenie meeny miney mo with Ferland and Wolf in the pressbox than give that 14th forward spot to Brandon Bollig...

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #52
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wolf seems to have a lot of offensive upside but he is also a lot older than Ferland. Ferland has the tools and shows flashes at times. Im hoping the last 19 games of the season will give him the opportunity to get comfortable at the NHL level. Its too bad he missed so much time due to injury. I would love to see Wolf get a 20 game shot next year to see what he can do.

We seem to have so many young guys on the verge of breaking out and there wont be anywhere for all of them to go. We will have room for probably 2/3 more players on the big team at most... Kinda sad that some really good prospects might never get a shot. And more on the way! Klimchuk, Carroll, Smith, 2015 draft pics... OMG!!!
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote