Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #3161
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah I'd be happy with Destiny 1 on PC, so this is all fine for me.

Interesting, first non-Blizzard game on Battle.net!
Old 05-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #3162
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Now you know what to get me as a gift.

I'm not disappointed as I wanted expecting the moon, it looks amazing even if similar to the first. I've said before they could have released it as Destiny 1 and added PC support I would have bought it. #pcmasterrace
Psh!

My WoW sub is good for close to 5 years I think now and I've hit the limit for Battlenet credit. Token prices look to be spiking again . . .
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #3163
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Now they're saying the PC version might come out after the console versions.. here we go...
Old 05-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #3164
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Weird conundrum for those moving Destiny 1 but want to play on PC. Likely that many will end up buying on console and PC in order to 1) play on day 1 and 2) get to experience destiny on PC. Cross save would have been an amazing draw but likely not happening.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #3165
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Anyone up for Crota tonight on the PS4? Or VoG? Or nightfall?

Or... anything?
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #3166
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well I was pretty hyped up watching the live stream! That one mission they played had more story-telling than the entirety of D1 Vanilla lol. Also the new subclasses look super fun to use.

I was expecting to be disappointed, but was actually pretty excited during the thing. After all, this is a sequel, not a new IP. Looks like a larger improvement between D1 and D2 than the Halo sequels, as they overhauled almost everything, from story, to PvP and even patrolling, clans and matchmaking.

Count me in, guys and gals!
Old 05-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #3167
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, that reveal looked pretty amazing.
I'm a little bummed that they're dropping the defender subclass for titans though. I liked that it was so different than all the other supers. It also feels a little lazy that the new arc hunter is basically blade dancer with a staff instead of two knives.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #3168
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well looks like they're dropping bubbles, but in place we get a mobile Reinhart-type shield and a Mei-style ice wall. Those look like a hoot!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:28 PM   #3169
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Well looks like they're dropping bubbles, but in place we get a mobile Reinhart-type shield and a Mei-style ice wall. Those look like a hoot!
Brings more people into the fight now... Titan provides the shield, warlock provides the damage buff or healing buff. Even the gunslinger provides team benefits now.

Will be interesting to see how they scale the bosses and enemies now given that people aren't running multiple high damage weapons like snipers and rocket launchers.

And the new arc blade/staff looks like it has an AoE attack which might make it good. Although, if there is no more short stopping then it'll already be 100 times better then blade dance.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #3170
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #3171
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Beta is tomorrow on PS4 if you pre-ordered.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #3172
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Played the beta quite a bit today and really enjoyed it. The graphics seem like a big step up, the story mission was awesome, the Strike was pretty standard from what I expect a strike to be.

I feel the most divisive change will be moving shotguns, snipers, rocket launchers all to heavy and having two primary slots (1 kinetic and 1 with a element) not sure I am a fan of this. Also interesting to see that previous stats like strength are not tied to gear...

Still need to jump into PvP
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #3173
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Played the beta quite a bit today and really enjoyed it. The graphics seem like a big step up, the story mission was awesome, the Strike was pretty standard from what I expect a strike to be.

I feel the most divisive change will be moving shotguns, snipers, rocket launchers all to heavy and having two primary slots (1 kinetic and 1 with a element) not sure I am a fan of this. Also interesting to see that previous stats like strength are not tied to gear...

Still need to jump into PvP
is game is trash its just a recycled version of Destiny to the point it feels like a expansion of Destiny, The console controls and aiming are crap and they should feel bad.

Now that is why I stay clear of twitter and reddit for Destiny. I played the story as a Titan and as a D1 Titan it felt different to me, gameplay and graphics were as amazing as I expected. Tonight I will try a hunter playthrough and maybe switch mains for this round.

The negativity seems to be coming mainly from PC players that are not impressed with PS4 graphics/controls. Next month is PC beta lets see if they change their mind. I'm playing on PS4 until PC launch.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #3174
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I enjoyed it. It was fun to play as a titan and warlock. Will try hunter tonight. My biggest complaint is that supers and abilities take forever to charge but other than that I had fun.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #3175
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was really looking forward to Destiny 2 for a few years, but now I'm starting a master's degree in September, so I don't think I'm even going to buy it.
Destiny 1 sucked waaaaay too much time, and I can't afford that time now.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #3176
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have actually lost all interest in picking this up. With word that it won't be XboneX enhanced and the reduction in overall customization I feel like I could spend my time playing better games.

But I say this now...when my buddies pick it up I most likely will too
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #3177
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good to see the game does run at 4K via checkerboard (or as DigitalFoundry calls it, 2160cp).

but the lack of HDR (thus far) is saddening.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:03 PM   #3178
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The graphics look amazing on the Pro, they made the Warlock jump way too floaty, Bungie has already said they plan to increase the regen time on grenades & supers as I agree they are way too slow, I think the strike is a ton of fun and hope they're all like that, the new sub classes are fantastic. I'm excited for D2 and plan to take a more casual approach since NHL 18 is also being released in September.

I'm not very good at PvP but still believe it wound have been more fun increasing team size to 8v8 or 12v12 instead of reducing them to 4v4. I feel it creates too many two on ones now if you're not communicating with your teammates but maybe that's just me.

Last edited by Iceman57; 07-21-2017 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #3179
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Good to see the game does run at 4K via checkerboard (or as DigitalFoundry calls it, 2160cp).

but the lack of HDR (thus far) is saddening.
Normally I am a bit proponent of HDR and love how unchartered utilized it but I would fear it being introduced into destiny 2. The beta already seems extremely over saturated, can you just imagine the fire on the starting mission any more saturated, or the blind effect on the strike? Yikes.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #3180
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Good to see the game does run at 4K via checkerboard (or as DigitalFoundry calls it, 2160cp) but the lack of HDR (thus far) is saddening.
No over saturation here although I had my TV professional calibrated. The beta looks absoluetly fantastic on my OLED using a PS4 Pro

Last edited by Iceman57; 07-22-2017 at 11:20 PM.