Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Default More AHL shuffling for 2018-19

Colorado announced today that they are moving their AHL affiliate from San Antonio and the ECHL Colorado Eagles will become their new AHL affiliate starting 2018-19.

St. Louis announced that they have signed a 5 year affiliation agreement with San Antonio starting to 2018-19. They have already sent some prospects there this season.

Colorado and San Antonio will play in the Pacific division next season. Which hopefully means a slightly more diverse schedule next season for Stockton and the rest of the Pacific Division.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Did they announce any other changes to the Pacific Division? Seems odd that there would be 9 teams in that division and 7 in the Central.

If that was the case, I'd hope that they consider changing the playoff format at least.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I love when NHL teams have their respective AHL teams in the same province/state. Travel is better for the players during call-ups, recalls are usually quicker, and fans get more familiar and invested in the organizational talent - both current and future.

Wish Calgary could have a similar arrangement, I can't imagine Stockton is all that convenient. However, it does make sense that the other Pacific teams are also hosting their baby teams in California.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote