Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #21
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Legendary is way easier than I would like it to be. I finished the first two missions and only died like 3 times.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #22
zzibradleyizz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Was playing the campaign last night for the first time. Got two missions done. Very impressed with the game play and graphics.

Gamertag is zzlRYANlzz if anyone wants to add!
zzibradleyizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #23
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

This game's fun. I'm not as good at Halo as I used to be. Probably take a while to get used to it and the new maps.

What controller config does everyone use? My buddy has always tried me to use bumper jumper, and I know it's the way to go, but I just can't seem to get used to it. I use the one that's similar to COD, Green Thumb I think it's called.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:10 PM   #24
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use bumper jumper too. Its great for in close, since you can keep your thumb on the control toggle and still be able to punch if needed.

Back in the H2 days, Walshy (a fairly well known pro) used to use a grip on the controller that kind of looked like a claw, where he'd essentially have his thumb on the control toggle, his index on the melee, and his middle on the trigger. Allowed him to dominate in close fights, since the control setup at that time didn't have bumper jumper as an option.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:21 AM   #25
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fall is busy for me and I'm such a slacker these days. I received my copy of Halo 5 and my new iPhone 6S+ on Tuesday and haven't removed either from their cases yet. Maybe this weekend.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #26
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I'm on the same boat only been able to play an hour here and there. Stupid work. Need me some Halo time
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #27
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Legendary is way easier than I would like it to be. I finished the first two missions and only died like 3 times.
Okay nevermind. I'm at the Eternal Warden and I can't kill him. Send help.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #28
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got the game and played some online co-op of the campaign with a friend. I know some people are upset about the lack of couch co-op but the online co-op is pretty damn fun too. In some ways even better as you get full screen real-estate. Which is great because the game is beautiful.

Anyway, my first impressions are very positive, having a blast with the game. Love the size and openness of the level design so far, and the gameplay is as fun as any Halo. Well worth the purchase if you've got the Xbox One.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994

Last edited by Igottago; 11-06-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #29
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Just wrapped up the campaign and pretty interested to see the story of 6. Felt like a natural progression for the characters and great setup. Enjoyed myself, but the lack of boss fights kinda hurts it. 8/10 for me.

Now to split between Destiny, Halo 5 and COD BO3 multiplayer for the next few weeks
Old 11-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #30
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've come to the crossroads in my gaming career where I don't think Halo is it for me anymore.

The game is good, don't get me wrong. Graphics are nice and smooth, connectivity is there, etc. But everything they've done is try to make Halo more like other shooters, and less like what made Halo great.

Clamber, thruster, sprint, shoulder charge, ground and pound....everything about these additions make me annoyed. It has completely changed the multiplayer side of the game, to the point where I'm honestly not interested.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 AM   #31
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea I'll just stick to Halo 2 and 3 playlists on Master Chief Collection.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:20 AM   #32
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know. The thruster to me is a welcome addition. I also like the new weapons and to me it still feels and plays like Halo.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:47 AM   #33
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Halo 5 has been a blast, but I just dont have enough free time to dedicate to all these triple A games coming out. Played 2 hours of MP on the weekend and had a blast, but other games are pulling my attention away.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:45 AM   #34
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally had a chance to put some quality time into the game. I've been playing through on Legendary, and I'm completely stuck on the encounter with the Eternal Warden.

My weapon selection isn't great, so I may have to replay the level with him in mind, and make sure I come in with some heavy weaponry. I seem to get overwhelmed with the extraneous baddies, and can't seem to land enough damage on the Warden.

Any hints?
Old 11-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #35
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes View Post
Finally had a chance to put some quality time into the game. I've been playing through on Legendary, and I'm completely stuck on the encounter with the Eternal Warden.

My weapon selection isn't great, so I may have to replay the level with him in mind, and make sure I come in with some heavy weaponry. I seem to get overwhelmed with the extraneous baddies, and can't seem to land enough damage on the Warden.

Any hints?
There's a platform above your head that has a heavy weapon. Shoot him in the back with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #36
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe I'm not as good a player as I used to be but there are times in this game on Legendary where I just get my ass kicked.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #37
Oy Tiggins
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Completed Legendary on the weekend, took me 20 hours.

For eternal warden i went with the Binary rifle and Incineration cannon and mixed in the light rifle. You can land on the two pillars in the middle for different angles of attack which really helped.
Oy Tiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #38
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Once I found the binary rifle, it only took me a couple of tries to complete. Much easier than the scattershot/DMR combo I was trying previously.

Heh.

Otherwise, Legendary hasn't been overly difficult. I still think Halo: Reach was the hardest on Legendary in the series.