Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #41
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay then, how much time has to pass before people can discuss what happened in an episode then?

Guess we should be using spoiler tags when we talk about the Cammy trade, someone may not have seen the news yet.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #42
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Okay then, how much time has to pass before people can discuss what happened in an episode then?

Guess we should be using spoiler tags when we talk about the Cammy trade, someone may not have seen the news yet.
Spoiler!

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 01-14-2012 at 02:02 AM.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #43
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah, the good ol' internet forum debate about posting TV show spoilers.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #44
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
You can talk about the show without giving away major, specific plot points. Those should go in a spoiler tag, show some courtesy. Otherwise why does the spoiler tag exist? I had not seen that episode, and reading that ruined the surprise for me.
How long are we supposed to wait for people to watch the episode? It's been nearly a week since the episode aired. Is it OK to talk about it now?

Isn't it easier to ask the people who don't want to be spoiled to wait until they have seen all the episodes before visiting the thread? It's a thread dedicated to talking about the a specific show. You should expect people to talk about what's going on in the show.

The entire thread will be spoiler tags after each episode and I doubt anyone will go back to remove the tags after the designated spoiler-free time has elapsed.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #45
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
No that individual should continue being a selfish d-bag and ignore using spoiler tags.

The fact that you try to argue this point is ridiculous and completely selfish.
I think it's selfish to ask everyone else to tip-toe around those few people who don't keep up with the show but still want to discuss it. Why should we wait for everyone else to catch up to discuss a show in a thread dedicated to discussing the show?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #46
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you don't want any spoilers, don't come into this thread. After the finale on Sunday, I fully intend to come into this thread and discuss what I thought of the episode. I will not be using spoiler tags. End of story.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ark2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't be the only one who was glad to see Lily Bell stick around a couple weeks ago?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #48
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
After the finale on Sunday, I fully intend to come into this thread and discuss what I thought of the episode. I will not be using spoiler tags. End of story.
And I won't be able to watch it until Monday so I will be avoiding this thread.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #49
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lazy.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #50
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't go into this thread or Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empire or True Blood threads unless I am completely caught up on what is going on, and willing to discuss it. I don't go in looking for spoiler tags and hoping to talk about last weeks episode. that's just
Spoiler!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #51
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Be interesting to see how they keep the story going with the main characters heading off in different directions like that.

Also, wouldn't the Swede be in a lot worse shape than that?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #52
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Be interesting to see how they keep the story going with the main characters heading off in different directions like that.

Also, wouldn't the Swede be in a lot worse shape than that?
Ya, I think that was a rather hastily edited and thrown together ending? I guess they really didn't know if they were going to be picked up for another season though and maybe thats why it seemed that way?

Overall it was still such a good episode and just leaves a lot of questions. I suppose that is what the finale is supposed to do though, to keep people waiting for the next season.

I thought a similar issue with the Swede, but maybe the point was to humiliate him and he could still return next season but with a nicer persona somehow?

As for Cullen I have no idea what happens there. He needs to be with Hell on Wheels in some capacity, but I guess he's running from the law now. Could he pay the bounty? Could Lily pay it for him (or someone else)? I have no idea how that would've actually worked back then.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #53
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I guess they really didn't know if they were going to be picked up for another season though and maybe thats why it seemed that way?
I think you nailed it there, worst case scenario that wouldn't be a terrible ending if they were cancelled.

I assume the Swede will still be a regular character, at least I hope so. That guy is a great actor, he made the character so unlikeable that I felt no sympathy for him at all. I just thought at the end that he would be a lot more disfigured.

Don't think anyone could just pay off a bounty so who knows what will happen with Cullen. I'm guessing he'll be looking for the real Sargent and will be living as an outlaw?

The only way I can see him coming back to the rail project is if Durant uses his political connections to get a pardon for Cullen. Maybe Lily will play a part in that?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #54
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interestingly enough I just met one of the set builders for Hell on Wheels. Hes one of my tax clients and he gave me some info on the second season that they're working on now.

He built the train, so he was making jokes that while some other people built the railroad, he built the train.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #55
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is said info under taxman/clientele privledge like the particulars of his tax return or no?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #56
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Is said info under taxman/clientele privledge like the particulars of his tax return or no?
He did tell me that he wasnt supposed to tell me, but I dont know how 'tremendously earthbreaking' this information is.

He did say he would try and secure me a prop from the set. I asked for Cullen's gun, but felt I might be reaching for the stars on that one.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #57
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably easier to get a hold of one of Colm Meaney's chins.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #58
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season 2 premier this evening. Should be interesting to see how they tie things together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was an extra the first 5 episodes. Really really fun, and I can't wait to see the final cut!
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #60
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Three guys from my office have been steady extras for this show so I'm going to start watching it to see them - will I enjoy it?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote