Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2016, 07:02 AM   #181
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

at least we finally found out why the Swede hated Bohanon.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #182
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost done season 4, if I time it right I can catch up just in time to binge the last season.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:38 AM   #183
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow....Cullen channelling his inner John Wick...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #184
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knew it was going to go down like that. Only 2 episodes left, bummed that they're fast tracking the ending.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #185
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Knew it was going to go down like that. Only 2 episodes left, bummed that they're fast tracking the ending.
Ditto, but I get it. I just want them to end it well.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #186
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well just two more episodes so any one want to predict what happens? I think that obviously the railroad gets completed, and I will say that Cullen gets killed in a cliffhanger kind of ending. I have nothing to base this on really, aside from he has made a lot of enemies and it doesn't seem like the kind of show where he just finishes the railroad and rides off into the sunset.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #187
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's pretty clear that Cullen is never meant to find peace or happiness. I expect as much from the finale.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #188
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Meh. Show died off.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #189
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Meh. Show died off.
Don't you mean, "This show fell off the rails".

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 07-17-2016 at 10:10 PM.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #190
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well just two more episodes so any one want to predict what happens? I think that obviously the railroad gets completed, and I will say that Cullen gets killed in a cliffhanger kind of ending. I have nothing to base this on really, aside from he has made a lot of enemies and it doesn't seem like the kind of show where he just finishes the railroad and rides off into the sunset.
Hoping we see him on a boat to China or something like that, because I am a sap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #191
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought last week's episode was the finale, so when it ended with Bohannon laying on the floor in his rail car in pain, then fade to black, I yelled, "WHAT IN THE #### IS THIS ####?!" at my TV.

This season is so . . . bleh, especially after the fourth season which was fantastic. It's tough to care about characters who are introduced at the 11th hour, and a huge chunk of this season revolved around such characters.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #192
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you letter to Calgary & Southern Alberta from Anson Mount: http://calgaryherald.com/entertainme...hell-on-wheels

I suspect that Eva will be the only major character with a happy ending. She'll break her horse and ride off into the sunset.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #193
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Hoping we see him on a boat to China or something like that, because I am a sap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Thank you letter to Calgary & Southern Alberta from Anson Mount: http://calgaryherald.com/entertainme...hell-on-wheels

I suspect that Eva will be the only major character with a happy ending. She'll break her horse and ride off into the sunset.
Decided I would spoiler this, although I doubt anyone is reading the thread now if they haven't watched yet...

Spoiler!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 11:17 PM   #194
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

One less show to have on the DVR list. It had its ups and downs for sure. I wasn't especially into the finale with the Custer character and all the D.C. stuff. Means to an end I guess.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #195
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, I loved this show, I thought it was great, sure it had its ups and downs as all show do, but, unfortunately I think a lot of that stems from AMC's lack of willingness to really invest in it.

In fairness, it was a Western, not the most popular genre, but it really grabbed me and I was invested in this show. Hell I ran into Anson Mount twice and even bumped into Common at Eau Clair.

I enjoyed it, it had something of an ignominious end but that happens when shows are prematurely ended. I did enjoy the ending though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #196
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Whoa, wait, what?

Quote:
To be sure, Alberta offers something unique in the world of film production. But that does not mean that such individuality trumps the bottom line in any industry. The new TV Series cap limit on Alberta Media Fund’s production grant is threatening to severely limit, if not outright halt, the potential boon that your local industry has been working toward for so long. At its current level, it is only competitive in attracting lower mid-level film budgets and below. Add to this the inexplicable continuation of the previous administration’s non-bifurcation policies — disallowing television series to participate in Alberta film funds for multiple seasons — and the likelihood of Calgary attracting new series is almost nil.
I've never heard of this, anyone know anything more about this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: