Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #1421
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ranieri to Liverpool, because if he can win the league with a 5000-1, he might be able to do it at Liverpool.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #1422
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Strange, but maybe it's not their year after all?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #1423
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

On New Years Day, Liverpool were five points from the top. Today Liverpool are only five points ahead of Everton and 7th. I would think if they actually finish behind Everton that will probably be enough to sack Klopp.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #1424
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Way too early to be talking about firing Klopp. This is his first full season in charge here. He has to be allowed to bring in a few more players, and given some more time to sort out a defence that has been shaky for years.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #1425
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its not like its a situation unique to Klopp either, Liverpool are notorious for winning the 'Big Games' and then falling flat against the minnows.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #1426
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

firing him would be insane

if he doesnt sort out the defense this summer id be worried, he never really had to at Dortmund cause of the skill gap and having Hummels as the anchor

but he gets another year at least

Arsenal would pounce in a second if he left Liverpool
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #1427
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
Arsenal would pounce in a second if he left Liverpool
a penny pincher replacing a penny pincher. I'm sure Arsenal would love him.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #1428
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Way too early to be talking about firing Klopp. This is his first full season in charge here. He has to be allowed to bring in a few more players, and given some more time to sort out a defence that has been shaky for years.
Way too early to be talking about firing Klopp the way it was way too early to talk about firing vanGaal?

I don't see any reason to have any faith that he's the man to turn the club around. And as for the defence ... I'll let Carragher respond to that one
Quote:
Jamie Carragher says Jurgen Klopp must take the blame for Liverpool's dreadful defeat at Leicester City – and is showing too much faith in underperforming players. Klopp's side slumped to a 3-1 reverse at managerless Leicester City on Monday night to remain outside the Champions League qualification places.
Lucas Leiva, once again playing as a makeshift centre-back in the absence of injured Dejan Lovren, endured a difficult evening up against Jamie Vardy, who scored twice.
But Liverpool legend Carragher says the Brazilian was exposed by Klopp's tactics and team selection.
“I think he (Klopp) has far too much faith in certain players, really,” he said, speaking on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football.
“He has to make changes in the summer. And while I'm not saying tonight is a good thing, it reinforces the changes that need to be made.
“Sometimes as a Liverpool fan, when it's going well you kid yourself about certain things.
“I love James Milner, but he's not a left-back.
“Lucas Leiva I'm sure is getting plenty of stick off Liverpool fans tonight, but I actually felt so sorry for that lad. I was happy when he came off.
“I have no blame for him. He shouldn't be playing there. It's like putting me at right wing and saying 'why aren't you beating your full-back?'.
“I can't. There's no way I can possibly do it. And there's no way Lucas can catch Vardy in a sprint if the team are pushed up to the halfway line.
“He was put in a position that completely exposed him. There should be no blame attached to him.
“The blame for that should be with Jurgen Klopp for putting him in that position.”
Quote:
Carragher also remains concerned Liverpool have no Plan B. “My other problem is Liverpool always play the same way,” he said. “What's wrong with Liverpool going to a side like Leicester and saying 'okay, what do they want to do to us?'. Why couldn't they let Morgan and Huth have the ball and use Mane and his pace?
“Instead, Liverpool's two centre-backs are on the halfway line and Leicester break. (Burnley's) Andre Gray did it, Niasse did it for Hull and it was the same for Jamie Vardy tonight.
“I don't know why it hasn't changed or there is no difference in tactics for certain games.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ester-12665899

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #1429
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Way too early to be talking about firing Klopp the way it was way too early to talk about firing vanGaal?

I don't see any reason to have any faith that he's the man to turn the club around. And as for the defence ... I'll let Carragher respond to that one
I'm not really sure what your point is. LVG didn't work out, so that means Klopp won't?

The reason to give him a chance to turn the club around is because of what he did at Dortmund. Did you really expect him to replicate that success in one season in England?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #1430
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you see in Klopp apart from a load of enthusiasm?

My point is he's very similar to van Gaal in regards to ideas.

Do you feel Carragher is wrong? Does he have a plan B? He's had 2 weeks to prepare for today's game.

And this is pretty much season 2.

Anyways, is Carragher wrong and how do you think he's going to change things and why after a season and a half is it starting to look like same old.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:10 AM   #1431
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
What do you see in Klopp apart from a load of enthusiasm?

My point is he's very similar to van Gaal in regards to ideas.

Do you feel Carragher is wrong? Does he have a plan B? He's had 2 weeks to prepare for today's game.

And this is pretty much season 2.

Anyways, is Carragher wrong and how do you think he's going to change things and why after a season and a half is it starting to look like same old.
He was brought in to build a team, not get instant results. It would be a colossal waste of time and resources to bring in him in and then not allow him a chance to build.

Two of his signings in Mane and Matip have looked like our better players so far. If he can make two more signings of that quality this summer then we'll be a lot better off next time around.

It's not like I'm trying to guarantee his success here, but I'd WAY rather give him a real shot at succeeding then keep the manager merry-go-round going.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #1432
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gundogan signs for Man United

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....dogan-12664956

hehe
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #1433
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
So? Like he'll ever play, he's always inju-oh, wait.

Nvm.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #1434
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rumour is that Leicester is talking to Roy Hodgson...
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 PM   #1435
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
It's not like I'm trying to guarantee his success here, but I'd WAY rather give him a real shot at succeeding then keep the manager merry-go-round going.
All I'm saying is that as a United fan having lived through the disappointments that were Moyes and van Gaal I see a similar pattern with Klopp. High expectations but a failure to deliver.

And you could make the same argument for both of them in that they were given a real shot at succeeding when the obvious gut feeling and the smart thing (in hindsight) was to cut them both loose much earlier when the signs were there that they were lacking in some sense of a solid plan. United lost a year because they gave van Gaal a real chance.

What I was most concerned about when Klopp arrived was that he had the inside scoop on all the bargains and young up and coming talent in the bundesliga. So far so good.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #1436
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booya. Carrick with a testimonial.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...-Trafford.aspx

08 squad predominantly, but I don't think Tevez should be invited, so bring Berbatov instead.

Just cuz I'm reminiscing.

United 2008
Manager, Alex Ferguson

---------- Berbatov
-- Giggs - Rooney - Ronaldo
--- Carrick Scholes
Evra - Ferdinand - Vidic - Neville
-------- van Der Saar

World
Manager, Jose Mourinho
Squad featuring the core trio, of Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #1437
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kevin Friend having a shocker in the United/Bournemouth game. Missed a clear red card for Mings (stomp to Ibras head ... should be a really long ban IMO) and a red card for Ibra (elbow to Mings ... in retaliation, I guess). Instead he sent off Surman, after needing 5 minutes or so to realize that he had shown him a yellow twice.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:28 AM   #1438
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Ya that was an odd sequence. I'm sure Mings will see a suspension for that stamp. That was nasty.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:28 AM   #1439
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bravo Bournemouth!

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #1440
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I usually like Bournemouth, but that was a disgusting display in so many ways. Shame they got rewarded today.

United have nobody to blame but themselves. Absolutely must win this game.