Old 02-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Flames Gaudreau named 3rd star of the week

https://www.nhl.com/news/filip-forsb...adbpr=50004938

Quote:
FIRST STAR - FILIP FORSBERG, LW, NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Forsberg led all skaters in goals and points (8-2-10 in 4 GP), including back-to-back hat tricks, as the Predators gained seven of a possible eight standings points to improve their record to 31-22-9 (71 points), third in the Central Division. On Feb. 21, Forsberg recorded his third career hat trick in a 6-5 overtime loss to the Calgary Flames and followed it up with another three-goal performance, including the winning goal, in a 4-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Feb. 23. In doing so, Forsberg became the first player in franchise history to record hat tricks in consecutive games and the first NHL player to achieve the feat since Vancouver's Alexandre Burrows on Jan. 5 and Jan. 7, 2010. Forsberg closed out the week with one goal and two assists in a 5-2 triumph over the Washington Capitals on Feb. 25 and one goal in a 5-4 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Feb. 26. The 22-year-old Ostervala, Sweden, native leads the Predators in goals and sits second on the team in points with 24-22-46 in 62 games.

SECOND STAR - JONATHAN TOEWS, C, CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Toews recorded multi-point efforts in each of the Blackhawks three games (4-5-9) as Chicago won all three contests to improve their overall record to 39-18-5 (83 points), second in the Central Division. On Feb. 21, Toews matched career highs for goals (3) and points (5) in a game, including the winning tally, in a 5-3 victory over the Central Division-leading Minnesota Wild. The Blackhawks captain then notched two assists in a 6-3 win over the Arizona Coyotes on Feb. 23 before closing out the week with one goal and one assist in a 4-2 triumph over the St. Louis Blues on Feb. 26. The 28-year-old Winnipeg, Man., native is currently riding a six-game point streak (5-8-13).

THIRD STAR - JOHNNY GAUDREAU, LW, CALGARY FLAMES

Gaudreau recorded eight points (2-6-8) in four road victories to propel the Flames (33-26-4, 70 points) to the first Wild Card position in the Western Conference. He began the week with four assists in a 6-5 OT win over the Nashville Predators Feb. 21. On Feb. 23, he recorded one assist in a 3-2 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning before being held off the scoresheet in a 4-2 win over the Florida Panthers on Feb. 24. Gaudreau finished the week with two goals and one assist, including the winner, in a 3-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Feb. 26. A 23-year-old native of Salem, N.J., Gaudreau sits second in Flames scoring with 43 points (13-30-43) in 53 games.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
TheKurgan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Gaudreau is starting to heat up at the right time. Fingers crossed he can keep it going.
TheKurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKurgan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
FireItUp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Confidence is high, I repeat, confidence is high!
Old 02-27-2017, 10:20 AM   #4
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

A confident Johnny should be a worrisome thing for LA. He always seems to play them well.
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaudfather For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Now if GG just leaves that line alone because Ferlund is really hit his stride and he deserves everything he's getting in top line minutes.

The fact he prefers to shoot and is scoring the way he is now tells me he's got allot left to offer . I like his rough and tumble heavy game but the fact he's ascended like this is no fluke.

Came into the season In great shape , worked on his foot speed in the offseason , is playing his game ....awesome.

Johnny needs him on his line also as waaaayyyy to many cheap shots have come his way this year.

I noticed yesterday as well Johnny was hitting and didn't seem to be ducking and almost flinching when he could see contacts as coming.

He's baaaack!!!!
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #6
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
The fact he prefers to shoot and is scoring the way he is now tells me he's got allot left to offer . I like his rough and tumble heavy game but the fact he's ascended like this is no fluke.
He needs to continue to shoot. He can't be trying to play a finesse passing game with Johnny and Monahan. We saw that a bit vs. Tampa
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Now if GG just leaves that line alone because Ferlund is really hit his stride and he deserves everything he's getting in top line minutes.

Came into the season In great shape , worked on his foot speed in the offseason , is playing his game ....awesome.

Johnny needs him on his line also as waaaayyyy to many cheap shots have come his way this year.

I noticed yesterday as well Johnny was hitting and didn't seem to be ducking and almost flinching when he could see contacts as coming.

He's baaaack!!!!
Going to have to do what MMF did in another thread. Ferland, not Ferlund.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #8
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nice to see Ferland earn his way up to the top line. I think his time spent this season on the 4th line earlier in the season has helped.

He's making space for Johnny and Mony and now that he's been able to snipe some goals too, opposing teams can't just ignore Ferland and focus on Johnny/Mony while defending rushes.

Hopefully he sticks up on the 1st line.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
He needs to continue to shoot. He can't be trying to play a finesse passing game with Johnny and Monahan. We saw that a bit vs. Tampa
It's up to the coaches to ensure that he keeps his game simple and plays north-south.

If they can keep him on track, he is just what the doctor ordered for that line.

I expect he is going to be a busy little camper against the Kings tomorrow. Standing up for Johnny might be just what the team needs against those guys.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #10
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even in a down year he's still at 43 pts in 53 games. He's such a special player and hopefully this adversity has made him mentally stronger. Was so locked in yesterday. Also having someone with the ability to crush people on his line is perfect. If you mess with Johnny you better be ready to throw down with Ferly, something I'm sure most people would want to avoid. Dude has KO power

Last edited by Beninho; 02-27-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #11
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Ferland isn't even hard to spell, how do people get it wrong?
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #12
SOMBRI2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Last season early stage, Hartley was asked what to do with Ferland after the relevant playoffs appearance, he replied that they have 'big plan for Ferland'. I don't know what it means, but since then Ferland plays a more subtle style of hockey but trying to focus on actual hockey plays. It worries my cos the laid back style continues this year earlier. He has a great shot, good sense, is responsible but more importantly hitting the chemistry level with the big two. I hope he takes advantage of this earned situation if in fact it was earned.

With JG feeling it and I am optimistic the team is going to peak at the right time for the last stretch, hopefully including the post season.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
SOMBRI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #13
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Ferland is regular season Micheal. Ferkland is post season.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Ferklund?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #15
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Bieksa couldn't figure it out, and Ferland's name is spelled out in 4" lettering on the back of his jersey. Maybe Bieksa had blurry vision from all of Ferland's hits on the forecheck.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #16
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
Bieksa couldn't figure it out, and Ferland's name is spelled out in 4" lettering on the back of his jersey. Maybe Bieksa had blurry vision from all of Ferland's hits on the forecheck.
Bieksa is dumb though.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #17
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
Bieska couldn't figure it out, and Ferland's name is spelled out in 4" lettering on the back of his jersey. Maybe Bieska had blurry vision from all of Ferland's hits on the forecheck.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #18
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It was good to see Johnny pot a couple. Huge monkey off of his back. Hopefully that scoring touch comes back against the kings, as this would be the opportune timing.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #19
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Great for Johnny, however...

NHL.com couldn't find a better picture of him?
OmegaV4 is offline   Reply With Quote