Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #241
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
What the hell is "competitive" ball hockey. By definition all ball hockey is recreational, regardless of what any ball hockey hero may try to tell you.
Your attitude explains why no Alberta teams made it out of the round robin at nationals last year =-o

Also Burrows thing wasn't anything super high profile. He did get the #### beat out of him one year while playing against BC though.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 02-27-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #242
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
This goes beyond hockey. You can cheer for rats on your team. That's fine. I do it with Tkachuk, Oiler fans do it with Lucic, Bruins with Marchand etc. But when you start mocking some of the things Burrows has that crosses a line. He's a pile of trash. Quit defending this idiot, you look foolish. I've seen plenty of Canuck fans glad he's gone.

And seriously, what is Miller gonna do, tweet about how glad he is Burrows is gone?

Burrows hurts peoples feelings, but Marchand does things that could end players careers.

Also Miller could just not tweet anything.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 07:46 PM   #243
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
Burrows is going to drag Ottawa down.... I'm sure their players are not too impressed ... In fact maybe that's why they are losing so far tonight lol
That's silly. The reason they're losing is because they didn't get their pre-game hug from their GM.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #244
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Burrows hurts peoples feelings, but Marchand does things that could end players careers.

You don't get it. It has nothing to do with his on-ice antics. There are some lines you just don't cross, and he crosses them. End of story.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #245
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, Burrows is a jackass. If all that is said on the ice started making it out to the public, there wouldn't be many role models left.

That jets fan telling canucks fan they should be ashamed of themselves is a joke.

They cheered on a guy wearing their teams jersey, who played well.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #246
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #247
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Meh, Burrows is a jackass. If all that is said on the ice started making it out to the public, there wouldn't be many role models left.

That jets fan telling canucks fan they should be ashamed of themselves is a joke.

They cheered on a guy wearing their teams jersey, who played well.
I'm a Flames fan. This username was made when there were no Jets. You've used that line before when whining about me.

I stand by what I said. Mocking someone for being abused isn't banter. It's the sign of a disturbed individual. If you want to excuse it, shame on you too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:18 PM   #248
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
How is ball hockey any different than ice hockey? Of course ball hockey can be competitive.
One is a sport that has actual athletes that aspire to many real professional leagues and Olympic level competition...............you know a real sport.

The other, is something anyone can do on the side for fun..............a hobby per say. How seriously one chooses to take their hobby is ones individual choice, but anyone, playing ball hockey at any level, regardless or tournament play, or what said tournament calls it's self, is fooling themselves if they think they are playing anything other than a recreational sport.

So to the point that prompted my comment. Who gives a crap about whether it was a charity event or a "ball hockey league" where Burrow's cross checked some guy in the teeth at, because where ever it was, Burrow's was taking a rec sport so seriously that he decided he needed to cross check some amateur athlete with a day job in the face.............
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #249
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

dude...you win....let it go....

sometimes you just got to be.....

jelly....

ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #250
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

...and fingers.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #251
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

not intended at CSW
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #252
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Suddenly feel no hatred for Vancouver, only pity. What an odd feeling.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #253
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapth View Post
Suddenly feel no hatred for Vancouver, only pity. What an odd feeling.
Nope. We'll always hate the Canucks because their fan base has significantly more idiots and bandwagoners than any other team in the league. Look at this guy in this thread. He's telling us O'Sullivan wishes he was as Burrows, ignoring the fact that one is a great story of battling back from abuse and the other is a questionable human being, yet they both get have about the same PPG average over their career except ones was railroaded by circumstances outside of their own control and didn't get pucks bounced off him by the Sedins.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #254
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
more idiots and bandwagoners than any other team in the league.
... I live in Toronto and *strongly* disagree with this remark.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #255
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

So glad this annoying little twerp is no longer on the Canucks. Even better no longer in the same division or even conference.
The gnat is insignificant.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #256
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Spoiler!
Amazing that you found a picture of me online.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #257
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Everything anyone wants to say about Burrows being a dirty player, a cheat, classless, slimy, a complete rat, all accurate. But I reserve my real animosity for players who deliberately try to injure other people. He isn't that. I just don't get the priorities many people have about what makes players inexcusably awful in hockey... I'd rather have awful things said to me or my hair pulled than have someone knee me in the head (James Neal) or elbow me in the face (Duncan Keith). Doesn't mean he's a nice guy or anything, it's just if you were picking one person to run out of the league, I'd get the guys who seriously hurt people first.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #258
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Everything anyone wants to say about Burrows being a dirty player, a cheat, classless, slimy, a complete rat, all accurate. But I reserve my real animosity for players who deliberately try to injure other people. He isn't that. I just don't get the priorities many people have about what makes players inexcusably awful in hockey... I'd rather have awful things said to me or my hair pulled than have someone knee me in the head (James Neal) or elbow me in the face (Duncan Keith). Doesn't mean he's a nice guy or anything, it's just if you were picking one person to run out of the league, I'd get the guys who seriously hurt people first.
This just in, you can have animosity towards players who attempt to injure and those who mock child abuse at the same time.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #259
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Of course you can. Just have some sense of proportion. He's a puke, he's not Bryan Marchment or Raffi Torres or Chris Simon.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #260
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapth View Post
... I live in Toronto and *strongly* disagree with this remark.
Call me when Toronto fans torch their own city and blame the people from Missasauga.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote