Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should the Flames add Iginla if the cost is reasonable?
Yes 357 50.78%
No 346 49.22%
Voters: 703. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #401
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get the story would be interesting, but a big part of me just wants to let it go as there is nothing more depressing than expecting even 35 year old Iginla and getting Modin instead.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #402
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Didn't want him when he left. Definitely don't want him back.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:42 PM   #403
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

If Jarome does end up here, I could totally see him being a positive, difference maker down the stretch and a bunch of posters will have to eat a lot of crow.

A lot of crappy comments about Iginla in here.

Love to see it happen. Make it happen Treliving.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #404
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Well he sure was entitled when he vetoed the trade to Boston and then decided to go there anyway the following season.

I am disagreeing with a poster who thinks Iginla has rainbows coming out of his arse (seems like you think the same thing). I happen to not think that way.
Yup, his entitlement is earned. If I had that same entitlement, I'd do the same thing. Gio earned his entitlement as well and I'm sure he'll use it to his advantage once his career comes to an end shortly. I'm not sure why this has to be brought up in the first place. You know there is a difference between being entitled when you haven't earned it and being entitled when you have earned it, right? Not everyone gets that type of entitlement even though they feel entitled.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #405
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok so I'll explain my vote too since that seems to be the cool kid thing to do. I'm not a cool kid, but I sure try hard.

Look, I am a fan of Iggy. How could any true red Flames fan not be? Some people felt soured by the way he left, and that's their prerogative. I am of the feeling that it's his career, his family, his dreams. You do what you gotta do Good Sir. I have a TON of #12 paraphernalia all over my house. A few jerseys too.

I voted no. I don;t think Iggy can improve the team by as much as the cost to acquire him is likely to be. Even if he can be gotten for reasonable or better value, I question if he actually does still have that extra gear he used to. And let's be honest. Yes the playoff picture looks a LOT better than it did even two weeks ago, but the Flames still aren't assured of anything yet. Would Iggy even want to make that bet on the Flames?

And that brings me to my final thought. Does Jarome even want to leave Colorado? I've seen absolutely nothing in the media to suggest he wants out, has been approached, or is even on the actual radar outside of some fans on various sites.

I hope he does sign a retirement contract here, and then #12 goes up in the rafters where it rightfully belongs. None of this "Forever A Flame" feces.

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan; 02-27-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #406
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
Ok so I'll explain my vote too since that seems to be the cool kid thing to do. I'm not a cool kid, but I sure try hard.

Look, I am a fan of Iggy. How could any true red Flames fan not be? Some people felt soured by the way he left, and that's their prerogative. I am of the feeling that it's his career, his family, his dreams. You do what you gotta do Good Sir. I have a TON of #12 paraphernalia all over my house. A few jerseys too.

I voted no. I don;t think Iggy can improve the team by as much as the cost to acquire him is likely to be. Even if he can be gotten for reasonable or better value, I question if he actually does still have that extra gear he used to. And let's be honest. Yes the playoff picture looks a LOT better than it did even two weeks ago, but the Flames still aren't assured of anything yet. Would Iggy even want to make that bet on the Flames?

And that brings me to my final thought. Does Jarome even want to leave Colorado? I've seen absolutely nothing in the media to suggest he wants out, has been approached, or is even on the actual radar outside of some fans on various sites.

I hope he does sign a retirement contract here, and then #12 goes up in the rafters where it rightfully belongs. None of this "Forever A Flame" feces.
He has been quoted after numerous Avs losses this year that he wants to play for a playoff team. Hell, I think it started in November.

Does your thoughts on cost change if it's a 6th round pick? What if the cost is Keegan Kanzig?

My take, wait until Wednesday morning. Just do it. Does anyone think the Flames will be a worse team with Iginla on it? Like we are going to curse not having Chaisson out there? Nope. Not really seeing the negative here.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #407
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
That's not how I remember it. Same with Chiarelli.. he gave his list of two teams and once they had a deal confirmed with Boston, he decided to say no.
Feaster never filed the lists as per NHL requirements. That was a requirement by the GM and Feaster failed to do so. Hence, Iginla was fully within his rights to choose his destination.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #408
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
Feaster never filed the lists as per NHL requirements. That was a requirement by the GM and Feaster failed to do so. Hence, Iginla was fully within his rights to choose his destination.
This debate is so tiresome. Clearly Iginal was within his rights to do what he did, if he wasn't it wouldn't have happened. Does that mean what he did wasn't in poor form, or that it was in poor form. No one is debating whether he was in his rights to do what he did, it's whether people view what he did as acceptable from a business, relationship and brand perspective.

Some think it was, some think it wasn't. But that's the debate, not what we're Iginla's rights.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #409
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

To me, the positives way outweigh the negatives (obviously at the right price) Iginla may be able to give yhat extra gear at the twilight of his career in this situation. An upgrade? Check. RW with a big shot as depth for the playoffs? Check. A firm understanding that this is Gio's team and he's here to help us win as much as we'd be helping him? Check. Honestly, it just seems right. Especially if this is his last year.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #410
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

A lot of these votes seem to be saying the same thing. Lots of "no" votes based on the assumption that the acquisition cost would be high and lots of "yes" votes based on the assumption that the acquisition cost would be next to nothing.

For a 4th or 5th rounder, I think we'd see 75%+ approval, but I have no idea whether that's a realistic trade. I guess we'll find out over the next few days.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gargamel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #411
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'd package any of (or all three) Wideman + Chaisson + a 4th/5th for Iggy in a heartbeat.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #412
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

The glory years of the Flames involved veteran warriors.
Mullen too old, traded for a second rounder shortly after. A washed up former 60 goal Lanny.

Iginla could provide sound playoff hockey and advice. He's got 61 playoff points in 80 games. He's a far superior choice going into the playoffs than Chiasson.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #413
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Unless the trade is Iggy for Wideman, hell no!

If the trade is Iggy for Wideman, hell yes!

Mostly just to get rid of Wideman.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serapth For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #414
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think it would have to be at least Wideman + a late round pick. Wideman's contract expires at the end of the season and the Avs would get nothing in return to help their team if it was just a straight swap.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #415
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
I think it would have to be at least Wideman + a late round pick. Wideman's contract expires at the end of the season and the Avs would get nothing in return to help their team if it was just a straight swap.
i have a feeling any Wideman trade is going to have to be bundled with either retained salary or some weak pick. That said, Iginlas contract is an albatross too, so it might be fair.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #416
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iggy back in a #12 Flames jersey haters gonna' hate.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #417
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I strongly believe that one more dip in the C of Red is all he needs to dust off Beast-Mode for one last run.

The thought of a Johnny - Mony - Iggy line is absolutely blowing me away.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #418
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I strongly believe that one more dip in the C of Red is all he needs to dust off Beast-Mode for one last run.

The thought of a Johnny - Mony - Iggy line is absolutely blowing me away.
I can't see him being our top line RW IF he does come back.. but one can dream. Especially if he were to engage beast mode.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #419
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I don't remember any CP poll being cut down the middle so evenly.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #420
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
I don't remember any CP poll being cut down the middle so evenly.
Just like Iginla's stats every season as a Flame 525g 570a. NHL Career 619g 672a.

Tags
bringhomejarome , gaudreau to iginla , iggy iggy iggy , oi oi oi! , yeah baby!