Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #61
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Moving a scratched D for a forward who can run and gun on the top line....probably too much to ask though

Old 02-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #62
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I like having a couple of reliable D man in the pressbox. Saying that I'd be ok with them trading Wideman and Kevin
Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 AM   #63
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have to bring in a top 9 forward in case of injury or someone like Ferland cooling off. In that case Chiasson will be back on the top 3 lines again, out of his element.

I'm 100% there will be another forward coming in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #64
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Jokipakka/Wideman value returns would be welcomed, even if minimal.

I'm not going to bank on Ferland suddenly being consistent, though, as much as I've liked him. I think a move for a top 9 RW that can score goals and play with skill guys (JG/SM) would be satisfying what I anticipate to be a resurfacing need in the next several weeks.

And honestly, if you can get a surefire upgrade in net because of the looming expansion, then you can't turn that down. Yes, Elliott is playing some good hockey now, but there are still better options than him and Johnson that exist out there. I am content riding out the season with these guys, though. They've been at the very least adequate since late november, and appear to be improving in technique and consistency.
What better options in goal are there on the trade market who would provide and improvement on Elliott and Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #65
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Treliving did more than i actually expected. He completely re-shaped our defense, top4-top6. Brings in Stone comes in as a #4, allowing Engelland go back to where he slots best (bottom pairing) and Bartowksi as a #6, who so far looks as good or better an option than Jokipakka. It keeps wideman off the ice (which in itself, is addition by subtraction many a night).

I'd be fine if he does nothing else, as far as impacting the roster as it is (not that it's perfect but i don't want to see the flames paying high prices for any rentals) and i don't want to see big sweeping moves that shake the foundations, as i still want to see how it pans out.

Moves i wouldn't mind seeing:
1) Moving out Wideman for anything you can get
2) Bouma/Stajan moved, ideally bringing a faster 4th line C
3) prospects who are hitting their shelf life in the organization being shipped out for other like prospects who may just need a fresh start (your poiriers, etc)

The offseason is the time to see what can be done regarding the goaltending, and ideally, freeing up cash by moving a guy like brouwer, who has likely been the most disappointing vet on the team, for anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #66
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would like to see some extra depth on the Bottom 6 - a guy like a Boyle or Burrows (think about replacing Chiasson or Bouma).

Other than that, I think the only thing that'll happen is someone like Kulak, Wotherspoon, Kevin and/or Wideman will be shipped out for lower round picks. Perhaps Poirier for the forwards.

It's easy to be very optimistic given the recent play and just ride that wave, and a hesitancy to mess with a good thing, but there are always ways to tinker, improve and shore up depth.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #67
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Based on Trelivings record the last few years and Wotherspoons waiver requirement (I believe) next year, I suspect we see him move...possibly to Van. I don't think this regime is sold on the "spoon".
Old 02-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #68
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkflames View Post
Based on Trelivings record the last few years and Wotherspoons waiver requirement (I believe) next year, I suspect we see him move...possibly to Van. I don't think this regime is sold on the "spoon".
Wotherspoon has cleared waivers multiple times already.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #69
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be very happy if I don't see the Flaming C discussed at all on TSN's Trade Deadline show. LOVE the moves Tre has already done, and really for the cost of acquisition for anyone I've seen mentioned I would rather stay pat, and work free agency in the off season after the expansion draft.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #70
gunnner
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I really hope he is done except for trading Wideman and Chiasson maybe. If he adds a right winger it will mean either Ferland or Brouwer get pushed to the 4th line in the playoffs. Those two are built for the playoffs and their ice time should be going up into the playoffs, not down. The team is on fire, let it ride into the playoffs and swap out Chiasson for Hathaway on the 4th line. The addition of Stone was exactly what the team needed, just leave it at that.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #71
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC- View Post
Moving a scratched D for a forward who can run and gun on the top line....probably too much to ask though
Ask? Not so much.

Expect? Yes, way too much.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #72
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be pretty satisfied if Stone was our big haul this year. Fills the team's biggest need and honestly I don't know if there's much else out there right now that would be a huge improvement.

With the top 4 D solidified and the top 6 looking much improved with Ferland playing the way he is, I would maybe look at adding a depth player on RW in return for some of the excess depth on D (Wideman).

Been said lots of times but if Iggy for Wideman and a late pick is on the table, take it and run. Otherwise I'd be very happy to just stand pat.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #73
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

If anything, I would want Wideman gone just to free up a roster spot.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #74
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
If anything, I would want Wideman gone just to free up a roster spot.
Kind of moot. After the trade deadline the 23 man roster limit is lifted. Teams can have many players on the NHL roster as they want.

The only thing that limits it is teams are allowed 4 non-emergency recalls.
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #75
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
I would like to see some extra depth on the Bottom 6 - a guy like a Boyle or Burrows (think about replacing Chiasson or Bouma).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #76
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

With alot of the action already taking place and there's still 2 days left, it would be really lame if Treliving does nothing
Old 02-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #77
getoverit
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Umm he has already done something, did u miss it lol
Would like a wides moved for dollar reasons. Top 9 forward and move chaisson out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
With alot of the action already taking place and there's still 2 days left, it would be really lame if Treliving does nothing
Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #78
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Guess he should have waited until deadline day to get Stone just so he could say he did something
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #79
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Guy had an entire thread dedicated to correcting this mistake, and he still doesn't get it. The struggle is real.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #80
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yea, how difficult would it be to add the word "else" into the thread title and follow-up comments?
Closed Thread