Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #21
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
According to my geeky podcast people in the business that have played it seem to think uncharted 2 will be the game to beat this year. Did anybody see the gameplay footage from last week? Jumping Jesus it was wild.
Uncharted 2 looks soooo good. The first game was brialliant (hopefully Nazi Zombies aren't back though), but the second looks to be even better.

I started listening to IGN Podcasts at work, and InFamous is definitely a game I need to pick up.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I tried the demo and the fact that using the lightning bolt didn't really affect power levels made doing some of the missions an exercise in pewpewpew.

It'll be an ok open world'er. Go from point a to b to get missions etc. etc. while using those cool parkour stunts. Or you can fall with style.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #23
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
According to my geeky podcast people in the business that have played it seem to think uncharted 2 will be the game to beat this year. Did anybody see the gameplay footage from last week? Jumping Jesus it was wild.
Wow, that 5 minute demo released was so good. The animations are top-notch, as is the gameplay. I only played the demo of the first one, but I didn't like how it took so many bullets to kill one guy. Really annoyed me, and I was too cheap to pick it up for anything less than $20.

As for InFamous, it looks good (Haven't played it), but my only concern for it, is that Prototype is coming out next month (I think), and that game looks even more badass. For anyone who doesn't know what Prototype is, http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/950/950254.html . Game looks awesome, and I think it will be even better than InFamous.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #24
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Wow, that 5 minute demo released was so good. The animations are top-notch, as is the gameplay. I only played the demo of the first one, but I didn't like how it took so many bullets to kill one guy. Really annoyed me, and I was too cheap to pick it up for anything less than $20.

As for InFamous, it looks good (Haven't played it), but my only concern for it, is that Prototype is coming out next month (I think), and that game looks even more badass. For anyone who doesn't know what Prototype is, http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/950/950254.html . Game looks awesome, and I think it will be even better than InFamous.
Uncharted was good stuff. I'd recommend picking it up as a rental at least. The voice acting and story line are abnormally strong for a video game.

Not sure about prototype. The buzz doesn't sound as strong, and while I don't live and die by reviews, I don't ignore buzz.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #25
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Uncharted was good stuff. I'd recommend picking it up as a rental at least. The voice acting and story line are abnormally strong for a video game.

Not sure about prototype. The buzz doesn't sound as strong, and while I don't live and die by reviews, I don't ignore buzz.
People were also buzzing about about GTA IV, Halo 3, or going into movies, The Dark Knight. All three which I enjoy, are all WAY WAY WAY too overrated. GTA IV isn't fun, Halo 3 is more like 2.5, and TDK isn't the best movie ever made.

But I know what your talking about, if a group of friends really enjoy a game which only got a 6.5/10 or 7.0/10 but all love it, then I will most likely side with my friends.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #26
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #27
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
People were also buzzing about about GTA IV, Halo 3, or going into movies, The Dark Knight. All three which I enjoy, are all WAY WAY WAY too overrated. GTA IV isn't fun, Halo 3 is more like 2.5, and TDK isn't the best movie ever made.

But I know what your talking about, if a group of friends really enjoy a game which only got a 6.5/10 or 7.0/10 but all love it, then I will most likely side with my friends.
Are you by chance somebody who is hard to please? It's not a bad thing if you are, but there are just some people who have a harder time looking past flaws than others. You don't even like nhl 09! I must therefore jump to the conclusion that your standards are somewhere hovering in the stratosphere.

Last edited by Russic; 05-25-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #28
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I'll give you Halo 3 and TDK being overrated, but GTA IV has to be one of the best games of 2008. Especially on PC, it's about 10x better then the console counter parts.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #29
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Are you by chance somebody who is hard to please? It's not a bad thing if you are, but there are just some people who have a harder time looking past flaws than others. You don't even like nhl 09! I must therefore jump to the conclusion that your standards are somewhere hovering in the stratosphere.
I'm not hard to please, and certainly DO like NHL 09! My major complaints with 09 are minor, like the replays online, and some of the stupid interference/crosschecking/elbow/roughing/charging penalties.

My gripe with GTA IV is it isn't "fun". Technically, it is a masterpiece, Rockstar really made a fantastic game. I just wanted them to add the lunacy San Andreas had, like miniguns, flamethrowers, ridiculous cheats, for when I beat the game and just want to screw around.

Anyway, back to InFamous.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #30
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

So zellers blows. They didn't have the game and said it wouldn't be in until Wednesday or Thursday. So I set up their online flyer on my iPhone and took it into walmart (still feel filthy) and had them price match it. $14 off!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #31
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That Zellers sale has been a great. I went to Best Buy in the NE and they had Fallout 3 priced at $59.99. Zellers had it for $69.99 less 20% off. In the end, after the price match and price beat, the cashier charged me $50 for the game plus tax. Her math was a bit off I believe.

I'm hoping to pick up inFamous from Futureshop in Country Hills today but they can be sticklers about price matching.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #32
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I got about two hours in and I'm very impressed. Should keep me busy through the summer (along with fight night round 4).
Old 05-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #33
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fredr123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #34
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ahaha, that Penny Arcade rocks. One of the last missions I did last night I was trying to get away from some guys by going over a fence! No dice.

Game is AWESOME though. Reminds me a lot of Crackdown with it's exploration and super powers. Just has a better story than that game as well.

Sucker Punch are a fantastic developer, you can really feel the 'Sly Cooper' series oozing out, in the way Cole jumps and climbs. Hopefully we get the next Sly game announced soon!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #35
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

To be fair, all the fences have razor wire on top of them. So ya. There's that.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #36
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

just got sucked in for a good 4 hours or so after picking it up, it's a hard game to put down. nothing is quite as satisfying as having a group of enemies below a building you're on, and dropping down to blow em all up.
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #37
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

One thing I didn't expect to draw me in as much as it has is the power upgrades. The demo had me believe that you only have 3 powers, but the full game has several more and each power has several upgrades, and it's not just to the strength of the action, but it sometimes changes how the action performs (for example you can upgrade your energy grenade thing to auto-capture guys).
Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #38
Homer_J
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sounds like everyone's enjoying the game. I loved the demo and I've played it over about 6 times. I have a FutureShop gift card that will most likely be spent on Infamous this weekend. Can't wait.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #39
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I'm getting close to finishing the game. What's cool is I'm actually more excited to play it through again as an evil character. I really like how the story ramps up towards the end. I love games that keep you guessing.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:41 PM   #40
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

o damn....i didnt realize this game was out. I will be making a purchase in the near future..

Tags
action , infamous , ps3 , superhero , videogames