Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #261
SeoulFire
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Make it a non-discretionary card and those antics should disappear pretty quickly.

I think Suarez is gunning for the crown of the League's best Flopper/Whiner.

Last edited by SeoulFire; 08-27-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #262
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulFire View Post
Make it a non-discretionary card and those antics should disappear pretty quickly.

I think Suarez is gunning for the crown of the League's best Flopper/Whiner.

Two today were legit pens, but I know what youre saying. As a liverpool fan, I hate seeing that. Torres was the absolute worst, but Suarez flopped a bunch today that it actually worked against him cause hes not going to get the calls when they are legit.

Wish he would have played the whole game to try to get him a goal. Some of his passes were just ridiculous, like the ball he sent in to Downing on the Henderson goal. So much talent he doesn't need to be a diver.

ANd Nani would far and away take the biggest flopper award!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #263
SeoulFire
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownInFlames12 View Post
Two today were legit pens, but I know what youre saying. As a liverpool fan, I hate seeing that. Torres was the absolute worst, but Suarez flopped a bunch today that it actually worked against him cause hes not going to get the calls when they are legit.

Wish he would have played the whole game to try to get him a goal. Some of his passes were just ridiculous, like the ball he sent in to Downing on the Henderson goal. So much talent he doesn't need to be a diver.

ANd Nani would far and away take the biggest flopper award!
(bolded) - basically the mantra of united fans during Ronaldo's stay heh.

I am not saying that the calls should not have been made (they were pretty clear) but c'mon! matchcast on yahoo uk had it as:

Quote:
Suarez might get more decisions in his favour if he didn't dive and hassle the referee on occasions when there has been no offence. Just a thought.
Nani has toned it down some but can be (read: is) pretty bad.

I would like for dives to be reviewable and subject to warnings/suspensions. I would also like the whining to be instant cards. Don't think either will ever happen.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #264
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Soccer players amuse me sometimes. Liverpool is up 3-0, and when Bolton gets away with an apparent back pass to the goalie, three losers in red go straight at the referee, waiving their hands like morons. Soccer really needs to implement a rule where only the captain may approach the referee or something. That behaviour is just embarrassing, especially in a game that was over in less than an hour.

Also, Drogba got knocked the eff out. That was ugly.
They are looking into making that a rule so that refs can card people for swarming them, and I think they should. I was reading an article where Collina is looking into it for prior to the Euro Cup.

But that was also a pretty blatant back-pass. I dont know how he doesnt call that. The ref also missed at least one clear penalty on Suarez, but he was spot on about the Bolton handball that was just outside the box.

Overall I thought the officiating was pretty good, and Suarez has to tone it down a bit with the complaining, but man, what talent that guy has. He's going to be one of the MVPs of this season, no doubt about it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #265
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

outside Stoke tonight, two posters on a stoke forum have said they were there and Palacios told them Crouch has signed as well
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #266
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

That just sums up Arsenal's season. Did Van Persie even look where he was shooting that?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #267
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a day.

Tottenham absolutely raped at home. I havent watched that one yet, but I recorded it. City were supposed to be more of a real test for Spurs than United, that hasnt gone well.

Watching United bend Arsenal over right now. Its as though Arsenal arent even aware of what defending is.

I said it last week against Liverpool, but if you remove Thomas Vermaelen from Arsenal's back 4 and that team is extremely vulnerable.

United are tearing Arsenal apart. The defenders arent even getting anywhere near most of these through passes or crosses.

At the moment, Arsenal cant defend, and its their third game and they havent scored a goal yet.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #268
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Udinese must be kicking themselves.. "we lost to these dorks?"

Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #269
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Udinese must be kicking themselves.. "we lost to these dorks?"
Arsenal just have so many holes. Poor defending, no attacking.

And theres 3 from a poorly conceded free kick.

This is going to be a rout.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #270
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

VdV has a torn hamstring
Old 08-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #271
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That just sums up Arsenal's season. Did Van Persie even look where he was shooting that?
Considering how important a penalty that was, that was horrible. A low powered, side-footed shot thats not even that close to the corner. That was a terribly taken penalty. He may have gotten lucky if De Gea had guessed the wrong way, but SMASH IT! Hedge your bets, if De Gea guesses right, put some power behind the shot so it has a chance to go in.

Walcott reels one back in on a De Gea howler. Went right between his legs, he should have had that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
VdV has a torn hamstring
I havent watched the game yet, but it looks like he played the full 90 minutes. Thats a huge blow if its torn, depending on how badly thats a few months minimum to potentially the whole season.

Martin Kelly was pulled yesterday for a hamstring injury, and in the Arsenal/United game Welbeck has pulled up lame with a hamstring injury and been taken off.

What can you say about the Spurs game before I watch it?

Can you at least take solace in Arsenal getting their asses kicked?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #272
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cesc Fabregas on Twitter: Very impressed with man city and spurs. One in a positve way and the other very negative. Cant really say im sad about it thought.
Haha!

Also, I see that Spurs didnt have any subs left when VdV got hurt and were down to 10 for the last 15.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #273
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

That was sick.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #274
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

This has to be rock bottom for Wenger, and hopefully the beginning of the end. He has had a brilliant run, but for him to allow a side like this to be fielded is shameful and completey unacceptable considering the resources at his disposal.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #275
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

We want ten?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #276
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That was sick.
Its a bad place to continue conceding needless free kicks, and they didnt defend the first Rooney goal and this one was identical.

This is sick, or rather, this is six.....

Arsenal are getting demolished.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #277
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Van Persie pulls one back. 6-2. Where are all the Arsenal posters?

Now I'm upset that Liverpool only got 2 past Arsenal. Kind of making me feel bad about that.

More poor defending from Arsenal and Jenkinson is off.

This will be Rooney's third....same thing, same place.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #278
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even more poor defending from Arsenal, concedes a Penalty and theres 7 and Rooney with a hat trick.

8 minutes left, will there be more?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #279
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

More poor defending from Arsenal and Young walks in for 8.

8-2. Are the Oilers playing?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #280
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

best team in North London!

we only lost by 3 at OT
Closed Thread