Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #381
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Did anyone else's Shaw bill just go up $9.00 ???
Mine went up $5. I'm now paying $80 for just internet, and a pretty low end version at that. It's ridiculous.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #382
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Mine went up $5. I'm now paying $80 for just internet, and a pretty low end version at that. It's ridiculous.
I don't know - depending on the speed you're getting $80 seems fine to me.

Works out to $2.67 per day for internet.

Considering how much value we get out of internet it doesn't seem like it's that much of a stretch.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #383
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVAN View Post
I'm on the 150 plan for $80 for 2 years... not locked in on TV and phone.

I assume this will increase my tv and phone prices, but not my internet.

It's annoying, that's for sure.
Yeah, the bill says the regular price went up $5/month (from $104 to $109), but anyone on the two year plan will not have their rate impacted. So the two year plan monthly discount is $29.10/month starting August 1, up from $24.10/month.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #384
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ugh, the BlueSky remote sucks. Missing some key buttons I used to use all the time. Anyone got a link for info on how to customize the remote?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #385
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Ugh, the BlueSky remote sucks. Missing some key buttons I used to use all the time. Anyone got a link for info on how to customize the remote?
I just got it setup today and was actually pleased with the remote. Which buttons are you missing?
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #386
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I miss the skip ahead 30 seconds feature. Perfect for watching a recorded show and skipping thru the commercials very easily. I dont like that it doesnt keep track of more than the one show you are watching. The Gateway, if you didnt have recordings going on, would. Skipping back and forth between channels and rewinding the one you werent watching was great.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #387
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Page up seems to let you skip 5 minutes. Maybe that interval could be customized? That would be sweet.. 5 minutes is too much
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #388
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
I miss the skip ahead 30 seconds feature. Perfect for watching a recorded show and skipping thru the commercials very easily. I dont like that it doesnt keep track of more than the one show you are watching. The Gateway, if you didnt have recordings going on, would. Skipping back and forth between channels and rewinding the one you werent watching was great.
The installer showed me this, but I haven't actually tried it yet as I don't have anything on the PVR:

Quote:
As someone who has blue sky page up acts a skip forward. By default it's 5 minutes (which is stupid) but if you hit exit three times then 0030 it will switch to 30 seconds with a page up input.
He had time to show me this stuff because the install took 4 hours! Something to do with the activation system being overloaded. Typical Shaw.

Last edited by psicodude; 07-12-2017 at 08:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psicodude For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #389
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow sweet, what service, thanks man!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #390
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Wow sweet, what service, thanks man!
i just tried, and it seems to be set at 30 seconds already. I'm not sure if the dude did that, or that's the default now. I nearly freaked when I couldn't find the "skip" button as well, so I hear ya.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #391
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it just me or is the net down with shaw?
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #392
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

No issues with Shaw here in the NW.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #393
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Is it just me or is the net down with shaw?
Yup, been down for me in Airdrie for almost 2 hours
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #394
diskonect
Draft Pick

Just re-signed up for Shaw, they have a pretty good new customer deal for Canada 150. Cable + 4 Theme Packs, Internet 150, 2 Boxes for the Blue Sky service... or whatever it is... $150 Credit and Free Install for $79 for Year One.. $129(ish) Year Two.. I'm sure the regular price in Year 3 will be around $150.

I've actually never been with another provider. My family had Shaw growing up, we bought one of the first PVRs when they were like $800. I had Shaw when I first moved out - I worked for Shaw for 5 years, so had a good deal there and when I moved back home for a year, had Shaw there as well.

I did explore Telus. God awful. Apparently they only offer Internet Speeds up to 35 in my area and when I put in my address to see how much everything would be, they said my address doesn't exist, which doesn't make sense as the current owners have Telus.
diskonect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #395
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went in to Shaw a few weeks ago to upgrade our Internet 30 to Internet 150 (we are also phone and cable subscribers). They wouldn't do it at the Chinook location as it is my wife's name on the account and not mine and they said she needed to be there in person to make any changes. So we went to the DT location the next day, and while the guy is changing us over to 150 my wife mentions they only seem to offer deals to new customers and nothing was ever available to long term existing customers. The guy said give him a minute and he ended up coming back with a reduced price for phone, three new Gateway boxes (could have had Blue Sky too) at no cost, and a reduction in our cable price for the next year. Works out to about $65/month less than we are paying now and no contract to sign. If we cancel our service within the next two years all we will owe is the difference between what our old rates were and the new ones over whatever time is left. Pretty happy with that.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #396
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I just re-did my Shaw TV and internet. Anyone with an older plan should probably take a look and see if they can change theirs, it seems like their package prices went down from before.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #397
diskonect
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Yeah I just re-did my Shaw TV and internet. Anyone with an older plan should probably take a look and see if they can change theirs, it seems like their package prices went down from before.
I would agree, I think the old packaging for I signed up for was more expensive, and it didn't include 150 (I think it was probably only 50).

The frustrating thing is they are always changing their packaging. I was there when they first introduced Personal TV, then it was EXO.. ect. In 3 years from now, the package I have probably won't even be offered.

Last edited by diskonect; 07-18-2017 at 05:39 PM.
diskonect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #398
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a fairly bare bones tv plan with Shaw. I called them up today to ask about adding time shift. She ended up getting me time shift and about 6 or 7 other channels for $3 a month less than what I was paying. I'm pretty happy with that, I'm close to cutting the cord so we'll see if this keeps me on Shaw longer.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #399
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Telus came around our neighborhood last night pushing a fairly aggressive package for Internet and TV.

Anyone had any recent experience with switching over to Telus?
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #400
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Telus came around our neighborhood last night pushing a fairly aggressive package for Internet and TV.

Anyone had any recent experience with switching over to Telus?
I prefer Telus over Shaw but we are on the Shaw side of the switch back and forth for the promotions, can't wait to go back.

Switching is so common these days because of the new customer only promotions.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote