How did you guys get your invoices? Online or in the mail? Thanks
Sign into your account manager.....new invoice right at the top
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bcneil For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #63
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hopefully the guys who are Hot House members and put a deposit on next season don't get offered bad playoff seats or seats that are over priced far higher than what a STH would pay.
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #64
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

PL is $80 a game for round 1 and $93 for round two.

Seems like that's right around what I paid for the games last year.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #65
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
PL is $80 a game for round 1 and $93 for round two.

Seems like that's right around what I paid for the games last year.
Yeah IIRC that was what I paid for my PL seats.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #66
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Dug up some old records for comparison from 2015

Round 1 Greens....then $59.25.....now $62.30
Round 2 Greens....then $69.13.....now $72.69

I also won the playoff lottery twice in round 1. They were priced as follows from ticketmaster.

Greens......$130.38
PL...row 17......$92.88
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #67
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I'll place an extremely large wager on this. They'll sell out regardless of who they play. If they continue on past the first round, ticket prices will go up and they'll still sell out. It wasn't a problem in 2015, and won't be one this year.
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #68
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
If they sold out hours before puck drop then it sounds like they priced the tickets perfectly. If they are selling out instantly then they are leaving money on the table for scalpers.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #69
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm also in the green section. 57.8% is the increase if you include all preseason games. If you take the total season ticket holder price and divide it by the 41 regular season games, it's only a 43.8% increase. Either way the total amounts paid are the same. It's just how I look at it, and is more of an optics point.

I'll place an extremely large wager on this. They'll sell out regardless of who they play. If they continue on past the first round, ticket prices will go up and they'll still sell out. It wasn't a problem in 2015, and won't be one this year.
Seem to recall empty seats for the Ducks series in 2015 playoffs but I could be wrong. I'm sure the Flames will make sure it's considered a sellout no matter what in any case.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #70
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Losing games 1 and 2 by a combined score of 9-1 may have also affected demand for tickets.

Also, keep in mind -- if a Battle of Alberta comes to pass, the Flames could sell out the Dome a few times over at those prices.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #71
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
"sell-out" doesn't mean 100% of available tickets sold. often seats go un-sold when a sell-out is announced.
All five games were announced at 19,289. That means all tickets distributed.

IIRC, demand was a little soft after we went down 0-2 and in part because there were high ticket price concerns, but my recollection was that the building was full for all those games. Though the Flames undoubtedly had to work harder to move them all. The same will probably be true this year.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #72
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
All five games were announced at 19,289. That means all tickets distributed.

IIRC, demand was a little soft after we went down 0-2 and in part because there were high ticket price concerns, but my recollection was that the building was full for all those games. Though the Flames undoubtedly had to work harder to move them all. The same will probably be true this year.
I don't think so.. I think if they sell 99%, except 50 or so very high priced seats, they just go ahead and call it 19,289.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #73
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Sure, but that's standard practice everywhere. And 50 empty single seats spread throughout a 20,000 seat arena makes no practical difference.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #74
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The tickets weren't gone as quickly against Anaheim as they were against Vancouver, but that's due to a few reasons. Calgary hadn't been in the playoffs in a while, so fans were eager to get in the 1st round. There were many Vancouver fans in Calgary who were trying to go to the games, whereas we don't have a lot of Anaheim fans living in Calgary.

The vast majority of the tickets sold out shortly after they were released. Tickets that are held for players, the NHL, media, etc. are released a few hours before game time. The players' tickets used to be released at 10:00 am, but in the CBA they had a provision put in to have more time for the players to buy and distribute their held tickets. These are some of the better seats too, as they aren't putting the friends and family up in the 3rd level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Seem to recall empty seats for the Ducks series in 2015 playoffs but I could be wrong. I'm sure the Flames will make sure it's considered a sellout no matter what in any case.
I was at the Ducks games, and don't recall empty seats for the whole game. There might have been a few, but I didn't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
I don't think so.. I think if they sell 99%, except 50 or so very high priced seats, they just go ahead and call it 19,289.
That's not at all what happens. There is a specific procedure for getting to the final number, as revenue sharing is based, in part, on attendance. At no point do they just round up to capacity. The last game the Flames sold out was against Pittsburgh. Against Dallas they were 62 short of 19,289, and they did not just round up to 100%. The Flames have only sold out 11 games this year. The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks. They did sell out against Pittsburgh, Montreal, Detroit, LA, Edmonton twice, Arizona NYE, Anaheim, Toronto, NY Rangers, and somehow Buffalo.

99% of 19,289 is 19,096, so that's a big stretch to round by 193 people.

The attendance is down this year in Calgary by about 2%. Some of that is the economy, and a lot of it is due to the early performance on the ice. They had sold out more many years in a row. Come playoffs, the fans will be back. If they advance, less and less tickets are available, so it's easier to sell out, even at higher prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #75
aaron5425
Draft Pick

Quote:
The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks.
This is also due to the insane mark-up on the Canucks games this year. I tried to buy an extra pair of PL tickets to the Jan 7 game, and they were being sold from the box office for $75 each. There were entire rows that were empty during that game.
aaron5425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #76
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's not at all what happens. There is a specific procedure for getting to the final number, as revenue sharing is based, in part, on attendance. At no point do they just round up to capacity. The last game the Flames sold out was against Pittsburgh. Against Dallas they were 62 short of 19,289, and they did not just round up to 100%. The Flames have only sold out 11 games this year. The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks. They did sell out against Pittsburgh, Montreal, Detroit, LA, Edmonton twice, Arizona NYE, Anaheim, Toronto, NY Rangers, and somehow Buffalo.
The Buffalo game was a sell out? That is the only game this year I couldn't sell. Wierd.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #77
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Actually Squiggs, when the media was making a point of trashing the Jets misreporting sellouts, they admitted that if they are within 100 tickets, they just announce a full building. I suspect most teams do as well.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #78
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
The Buffalo game was a sell out? That is the only game this year I couldn't sell. Wierd.
That surprised me too. My only guess is it that people were pumped about the team before the season started and it was the 2nd home game of the year. Since TNT 1st game at home was an Edmonton Friday night tilt, this one was much cheaper. Tickets were likely sold well before the team crapped the bed in the first 3 games of the season. It was their first win.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #79
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My tickets (centre ice top of the blues) are the same price to me as the face value of my regular season tickets - and based on my price, they seem to have gone up about 45% from regular season.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #80
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Actually Squiggs, when the media was making a point of trashing the Jets misreporting sellouts, they admitted that if they are within 100 tickets, they just announce a full building. I suspect most teams do as well.
The Flames have to deliver the attendance figures to the NHL right after the game. Calgary's capacity is 19,289. They don't just announce 19,289 if they are close. However, there are things you can do to inflate the number, but rounding isn't one. Without giving too much away, I've seen the process documents.

Some stadiums have differing numbers on what is a sell out. Calgary has a fixed number. There are times when more than 19,289 are inside but it gets reported as 19,289. The March 24, 2014 game against San Jose incorrectly has two digits transposed and lists the attendance as 19,829. This gives Calgary an annual, and game, attendance of 540 over capacity.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: