Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Tea and scones
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that he is a cyborg from the future, who was sent back in time. I believe he is made froma material that we have not yet discovered.

If he wins tonight, both he and McDonald will be tied in career wins with the flames a good problem to have.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #23
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
I find it hilarious how when people come to share thoughts or get opinions on a specific topic people shut them out on this forum. Absolutely ridiculous.
I think threads like this get cheeky retorts because the OP is all over the map and it is difficult to respond to something that is directionless and pointless. He said that Taylor has been never been more than an average AHL backup then said that this will be detrimental to the Heat to mess with his mind by giving him a lifetime opportunity. These two statements contradict one another and beside that, neither of them is accurate, applicable, or rational. Further, they have nothing to do with the question posed as the topic of the thread, "What's Taylor made of?" I Don't know what Taylor is made of, I guess we will find out tonight, but this thread is Taylor made to be ridiculed.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #24
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Shut outs, Stanely Cups, Conn Smyths, Vezinas, Jennings (while Kipper is still playing anyways), NHL All Star selections, and gold medals.

Heil Spellcheck!

Last edited by Trailer Fire; 02-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Trailer Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #25
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What's a Vesina? Is it a single engine prop plane?
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #26
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched34 View Post
Taylor is 26, and has seen 20 minutes of NHL ice time, 5 seasons ago. Since then he has been nothing more than an average back up in the minors.
FYI ...At the same age he's better than Kipper was in the minors
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

We will know he is a superstar goalie if Darryl shutter makes an offer for him....
Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Golf clubs?? Not a great sign. /badjoke
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #29
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I think it's simple, MacDonald has played almost two full games in 3 nights, one of them last night. He just came off of almost a year of inactivity with no rehab stint. You have Taylor who's been good in Abby waiting, is rested and has something to prove. No brainer in a back to back.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
darthma
Scoring Winger

Location: Down by the sea, where the watermelons grow, back to my home, I dare not go...
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
I think threads like this get cheeky retorts because the OP is all over the map and it is difficult to respond to something that is directionless and pointless. He said that Taylor has been never been more than an average AHL backup then said that this will be detrimental to the Heat to mess with his mind by giving him a lifetime opportunity. These two statements contradict one another and beside that, neither of them is accurate, applicable, or rational. Further, they have nothing to do with the question posed as the topic of the thread, "What's Taylor made of?" I Don't know what Taylor is made of, I guess we will find out tonight, but this thread is Taylor made to be ridiculed.
Not to derail but... the question that the OP wants answered is pretty simple and not 'all over the map' (by interweb standards) in my opinion.

The level of elitism in CP is at times extreme and daunting for a newbie. It's a mixed bag because the elitism keeps the quality of posts good but becomes a pain when half a thread is filled with 'why is this a new thread?' and 'OP, you are a dum-dum head'. Not all of us have time to scroll through 20 pages of forum to see buried content. My rule of thumb is - if you don't like the thread, don't post in it. It keeps things clean and uncluttered.

And... to respond to the actual intent of the question raised by the OP - I hope he's made of tough stuff! He'll be playing in front of a tired team. I for one am excited to see what goalies we can expect to see when Kipper retires. Calgary needs to take long hard looks at their assets and go from there. I'm hoping Taylor pitches a shut-out and gets us all excited about what the future might hold.
darthma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #32
mister__big
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

He's Taylor Made. Just like the golf clubs.
mister__big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #33
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the coaching staff is hoping one of Irving, McDonald or Taylor steps up and runs with the opportunity. So far, nobody has. So, I think they are also hoping to see what Taylor is made of.

Oops, sorry...you are dumb OP. Stop breathing oxygen! I hate you!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
I think it's simple, MacDonald has played almost two full games in 3 nights, one of them last night. He just came off of almost a year of inactivity with no rehab stint. You have Taylor who's been good in Abby waiting, is rested and has something to prove. No brainer in a back to back.

Well said, and I can't fathom how anyone would read more into it than this...

With the long spell of inactivity over the last year, it's not the least bit shocking to see MacDonald get the rest after just about 2 complete games in 72 hours.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #35
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just hope Taylor has better on control of his nerves than Irving did.

Irving has skills IMO, but looked scared shartless between the pipes in an NHL game.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #36
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I hope we see some good goaltending out of him. The management/coaching staff obviously likes him better than Irving, and signed him over Brust, so he's got something going for him.

He'll face a tried team, which could work to his advantage.
Iceman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #37
you got PHANUEFED
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Taylor is made of AHL stats that's it.
you got PHANUEFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #38
Cube Inmate
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know, but I'm hoping we see our fourth goalie enter the win column tonight. We've had enough trouble getting more than one goalie with a win over the last ten years, so to see a fourth would be unbelievable.

To the original post, I'll hope that the answer is "ice water." Enough of nervous goalies!

Edit: I suspect the last time there were 4 different winning goaltenders was in 98-99 (the year of 6 tenders) so perhaps it's not a good thing!

Last edited by Cube Inmate; 02-18-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Reality
Cube Inmate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cube Inmate For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #39
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only problem I saw with MacDonald was he seemed to lose sight of the puck a lot or have trouble tracking it but he was solid I hope Taylor takes this opportunity and runs with it though
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just hope Flames fans would not expect Danny Taylor to save this team. We tend to have high expectations in our first rounders and other players around here than when they don't perform the way we want them to be, he's a failure. If Taylor plays well tonight then it's awesome for us..if he doesn't then give him another chance. Do not base Taylor on this first game alone that's all i am saying. I hope he plays well.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote