Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 12:46 AM   #381
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Um, did someone purge 2 months of posts??
Old 03-30-2017, 01:15 AM   #382
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Have an open mind. Its one step of many in the right direction. I would argue that removing some bad policy helps the market dictate outcomes. Giving money to select companies is not free market.
What would you call #### talking private companies on Twitter?
Old 03-30-2017, 05:50 AM   #383
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Pruned a bunch of posts out from the thread to reduce the size. I did it by moving the most recent posts to a new thread and locking the old, but it messed up the last read post for me hopefully doesn't do that for everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Um, did someone purge 2 months of posts??
Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 AM   #384
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The W. rehabilitation tour continues

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...uguration.html
Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #385
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, if you think that production will stay the same or magically increase with 75% less drilling for 18 months then sure. Guess we will have to wait to see if I'm right. I know where Im putting my money

I agree Obama does not phone in the Rigs, but heres a question, if USA is a net importer and somehow had too much oil how does that happen? If I have too much of something I import than thats my fault right? The Obama administration was responsible for importing oil from Opec correct? Just asking some 4th grade questions here.
Refiners import oil from OPEC, the government has nothing to do with it. They purchase specific grades at the best price that align with the mix required in their facility.

The strategic petroleum reserve has had a steady level of inventory for years.

Obama has nothing to do with oil imports from OPEC. This whole conversation betrays the fact you know little about a free market economy, and that the oil trade is a global system. You seem to crave a command (communist) economy where the US internalizes all the inputs and outputs in its economy.

Last edited by burn_this_city; 03-30-2017 at 07:39 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #386
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

this guy seems like he would be so good at making deals, people would be sick of all of his deal making.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!
7:07 AM - 30 Mar 2017
4,349 4,349 Retweets 15,807 15,807 likes
Old 03-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #387
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The only largest thing ever witnessed during Obama was misery .

Those figures are accurate and also total rigs including Geothermal. Who knew!

Currently there is 803 Rigs drilling in the USA up 20 from last week. The most total drilling rigs during Obama was 1950 around - Peak production was 8.5-9.0 million barrels a day. The USA uses 19 million barrels a day and also a ton of nuclear, coal, renewables etc to sustain day to day life.

Production has declined since 2014-2015 and will continue to decline due to lack of drilling - decreased to 300 drilling rigs for a significant amount of time in election year 2016 (no coincidence ). What is the end game to letting drilling operations stagnate for so long? Where will USA production drop to after this effect? 5 million barrels a day? Consumption is only increasing year over year. For the previous administration to put the USA in an energy production death spiral is appalling and then for that same administration to Airforce 1 Hillary (seriously??) to campaign and to expect to be elected and to continue to carry out its agenda.....I just cant understand anyone who would back these policies and after seeing how terrible they have been but keep supporting it. Mind Bottling.

And I think in 1980-81 there were 4000 drilling rigs in the USA working. More than the largest thing ever witnessed Obama.
Come on man, my post you quoted in this response was my best Sean Spicer impression, I even dropped all the 'isms.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #388
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
this guy seems like he would be so good at making deals, people would be sick of all of his deal making.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!
7:07 AM - 30 Mar 2017
4,349 4,349 Retweets 15,807 15,807 likes
Donald Trump has a pretty complicated relationship with the Tea Party. I think a sharp division between Trump and them is probably a good thing for the country though, and will prevent either of their agenda's from getting accomplished.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #389
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
You do know the difference between drilling and production? So long as reserves are not depleted, production should remain stable without further drilling. You do understand that, right?

The United States purchases OPEC oil for many reasons. Do you know what the strategic petroleum reserve is? Do you know that the United States believes it is strategically best served importing oil and sitting on its reserves rather than exhausting its reserves and have nothing in times of crisis? You do understand these concepts?
Your first statement is not true. A drilled well that is being produced will have a decline rate. The year over year decline rate on a shale well can be as high as 90%. They are getting better at decreasing these decline rates and extending well life however, Shale oil requires continuous drilling of new wells to maintain production.

However TFF is completely wrong that this is somehow due to Obama though Trumps lack of groundwater protection will make it marginally cheaper to drill new wells.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #390
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #391
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Your first statement is not true. A drilled well that is being produced will have a decline rate. The year over year decline rate on a shale well can be as high as 90%. They are getting better at decreasing these decline rates and extending well life however, Shale oil requires continuous drilling of new wells to maintain production.

However TFF is completely wrong that this is somehow due to Obama though Trumps lack of groundwater protection will make it marginally cheaper to drill new wells.
Good point, but you'll notice I stated depletion. There is a big difference between depletion rate and decline rate. So long as the reserve has not yet exceeded its plateau and is not in a state of decline there should be no significant reduction in production. Once a reserve has gone into the decline end of the life cycle then the secondary and tertiary methods of recovery are required to maintain production. Further drilling is not required to maintain the well nor production, like TFF suggested. It's been a while since I was in the patch, but I do believe that is still accurate.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #392
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Donald Trump has a pretty complicated relationship with the Tea Party. I think a sharp division between Trump and them is probably a good thing for the country though, and will prevent either of their agenda's from getting accomplished.
Oh obviously, I don't like either of their policies, especially not the far right freedom caucus, so Republican party factions obstructing each other is fine with me. It's just funny Trump is now wanting to fight everyone, for a guy who was so good at making deals, the best deals, tremendous deals.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #393
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Good point, but you'll notice I stated depletion. There is a big difference between depletion rate and decline rate. So long as the reserve has not yet exceeded its plateau and is not in a state of decline there should be no significant reduction in production. Once a reserve has gone into the decline end of the life cycle then the secondary and tertiary methods of recovery are required to maintain production. Further drilling is not required to maintain the well nor production, like TFF suggested. It's been a while since I was in the patch, but I do believe that is still accurate.
Shale is a different beast. It really does require continuous drilling to maintain production. It's always in its decline phase

http://www.realclearenergy.org/chart...le_106890.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #394
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
You do know the difference between drilling and production? So long as reserves are not depleted, production should remain stable without further drilling. You do understand that, right?
You hang out in the oil sands too much.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #395
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some tidbits the first morning of the conference:

-several coal plants in the west will be shuttered far before their lifetimes are up in the next few years. This is NOT because of regulations but because of consumer demand that their power be more and more carbon free

-renewables from California are sending power into the grid that keeps many western coal fired plants in standby for 8-12 hours day due to the solar surge (11-11:30 am apparently is when the surge hits the peak).

-utilities are not going to change plans because of the new administration. The local populations and world demands action on CO2 and they are prepared to continue moving forward with towards the inevitable need for carbon free energy.

-renewables and consumer demand are having a big impact and coal (and natural gas) plants are not well equipped to handle the extreme fluctuations....enter new reactor designs.

Now obviously the last point has a degree of bias to it based on the conference focus but the other points not so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #396
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

More evil s**t from the GOP today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7cbdd3bdeced

Quote:
Senate Republicans were forced to call on Vice President Pence to advance an antiabortion measure Thursday, marking the second time they’ve cast a help line to the new administration to pass legislation.

Pence delivered the tiebreaking vote to start debate on a resolution reversing an Obama administration action that prevented states from withholding family planning dollars from Planned Parenthood clinics. The vice president’s appearance in the Senate chamber was needed after GOP Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska defected. No Democrats supported the resolution.

The measure, which is a priority for groups that oppose abortion, would give a thumbs-up to Tennessee and other conservative states to resume policies blocking Planned Parenthood clinics from getting federal funding through the Title X family planning program.
Quote:
Thursday’s vote was Pence’s second tiebreaker of his young term. The first came Feb. 7, when he cast the deciding vote to confirm Betsy DeVos as education secretary. Pence is expected to return to the Senate on Thursday afternoon for a final vote on the Title X measure.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #397
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha they are so remarkably incompetent

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/u...e-iphone-share
Old 03-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #398
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just actually impressed with how intent the "smaller government" party is at intruding in the very personal lives of people. They're just so obsessed with other people's abortions.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:38 PM   #399
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The wheels are really falling off today. Spicer's briefing is an exercise in speaking without talking.
The Following User Says Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #400
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

For TFF: Canadian coal production down to a 3 decade low. Thanks Obama

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...930/story.html
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms