Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #361
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #362
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Not sure how to take this comment but it made me LOL so I thanked it.
Oh, I was making fun of all the dumb things you've been saying.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #363
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post

Gotta love the Boris Badenov/Godunov connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #364
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Texas Flames Fan's "analysis" of oil and gas is hilarious. I don't even know where to start with it, it's such a mess.

It's like a grade 4 kid reciting their "research" project the class. Kind of adorable.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #365
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Getting away from Trump and the federal disasters looming on the horizon for a moment, Iowa's legislature is having an interesting night.

They were attempting to pass a 6 week "heartbeat bill" but they dropped that because it didn't have enough support. They're instead now attempting to pass a 20 week ban instead, and it was confirmed by said legislature that if a woman miscarried past 20 weeks, by this law, she would indeed have to carry a dead fetus to term. That is just completely inhumane treatment.

Also there's the fun part of one or both of these bills that allows parents to make decisions for their adult daughters if said daughter is unmarried and gets pregnant.

All of this is snagged from twitter, as the legislative session is currently ongoing. This is so incredibly infuriating.

EDIT: Actually, not ongoing, the bill just passed 11-8.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:35 PM   #366
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently FBI Director James Comey was ready to reveal the existence investigation and details of some of the Trump-Russia connections in the summer of 2016, prior to the elections, but was ordered to hold off on the release of the information by Obama administration officials due to the politically sensitive nature. They felt that the information should be come from multiple agencies simultaneously. This delayed the news about the Trump investigation. Thanks Obama?

Quote:
FBI Director James Comey attempted to go public as early as the summer of 2016 with information on Russia’s campaign to influence the U.S. presidential election, but Obama administration officials blocked him from doing so, two sources with knowledge of the matter tell Newsweek.

Well before the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence accused the Russian government of tampering with the U.S. election in an October 7 statement, Comey pitched the idea of writing an op-ed about the Russian campaign during a meeting in the White House’s situation room in June or July.

“He had a draft of it or an outline. He held up a piece of paper in a meeting and said, ‘I want to go forward, what do people think of this?’” says a source with knowledge of the meeting, which included Secretary of State John Kerry, Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Department of Homeland Security secretary Jeh Johnson and the national security adviser Susan Rice.

The other national security officials didn’t like the idea, and White House officials thought the announcement should be a coordinated message backed by multiple agencies, the source says. “An op-ed doesn’t have the same stature, it comes from one person.”
http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-director...lection-576417

BBC claims key elements of the Trump Russia dossier have now been verified. Countdown to Trump pee pee video?

Quote:
The BBC has learned that US officials "verified" a key claim in a report about Kremlin involvement in Donald Trump's election - that a Russian diplomat in Washington was in fact a spy.

But last June, Steele began sending pages of what would later be called his dossier.
In light of his earlier work, the US intelligence community saw him as "credible" (their highest praise).
The FBI thought the same; they had worked with Steele going back to his days in MI6.
He flew to Rome in August to talk to the FBI. Then in early October, he came to the US and was extensively debriefed by them, over a week.
He gave the FBI the names of some of his informants, the so-called "key" to the dossier.
But the CIA never interviewed him, and never sought to.
This comes from several people who are in a position to know.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39435786

Last edited by FlameOn; 03-29-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:35 PM   #367
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynickname View Post
Getting away from Trump and the federal disasters looming on the horizon for a moment, Iowa's legislature is having an interesting night.
How stupid are the people of Iowa?
-Donny Littlehands Drumpf

Last edited by DuffMan; 03-29-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #368
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They were attempting to pass a 6 week "heartbeat bill" but they dropped that because it didn't have enough support. They're instead now attempting to pass a 20 week ban instead, and it was confirmed by said legislature that if a woman miscarried past 20 weeks, by this law, she would indeed have to carry a dead fetus to term. That is just completely inhumane treatment.

Also there's the fun part of one or both of these bills that allows parents to make decisions for their adult daughters if said daughter is unmarried and gets pregnant.

All of this is snagged from twitter, as the legislative session is currently ongoing. This is so incredibly infuriating.

EDIT: Actually, not ongoing, the bill just passed 11-8.
That can't actually be constitutional though, can it?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #369
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You could just save yourself some typing with the comment "I have no idea what I am talking about".

You know that Obama had nothing to do with the drop in rigs, right? And that oil production is not in a "death spiral". In fact, it is just off the peaks from 2015

http://marketrealist.com/2017/03/us-...r-1-year-high/

But lets not let facts get in the way of your alternate reality.
Ok, if you think that production will stay the same or magically increase with 75% less drilling for 18 months then sure. Guess we will have to wait to see if I'm right. I know where Im putting my money

I agree Obama does not phone in the Rigs, but heres a question, if USA is a net importer and somehow had too much oil how does that happen? If I have too much of something I import than thats my fault right? The Obama administration was responsible for importing oil from Opec correct? Just asking some 4th grade questions here.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #370
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Paging This Post is Terrible
Old 03-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #371
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
You'd think the decision would be left with her father.
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #372
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, if you think that production will stay the same or magically increase with 75% less drilling for 18 months then sure. Guess we will have to wait to see if I'm right. I know where Im putting my money

I agree Obama does not phone in the Rigs, but heres a question, if USA is a net importer and somehow had too much oil how does that happen? If I have too much of something I import than thats my fault right? The Obama administration was responsible for importing oil from Opec correct? Just asking some 4th grade questions here.
Yes. The president calls the oil store and tells them how many oils they want to buy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #373
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

FYI, debate is taking place with a poster who says stuff like this:

Quote:
Well should I listen to the POTUS or should I just listen to what Wolf Blitzer or Racheal Madow's opinion? Ill take my news right from the source thank you very much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #374
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
You have to be purposely ignorant to believe the President had more to do with the decline in drilling than an epic collapse in oil prices. Canadian drilling declined by a similar percentage in 2014-15, all thanks to Obama...
Don't forget it was Notleys and the NDPs fault as well

This might have been posted already

Paul Ryan doesn't want Trump working with Democrats to fix Obamacare

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pa...rticle/2618837

Last edited by Violator; 03-29-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:19 PM   #375
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You do know the difference between drilling and production? So long as reserves are not depleted, production should remain stable without further drilling. You do understand that, right?

Quote:
The United States purchases OPEC oil for many reasons. Do you know what the strategic petroleum reserve is? Do you know that the United States believes it is strategically best served importing oil and sitting on its reserves rather than exhausting its reserves and have nothing in times of crisis? You do understand these concepts?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:19 PM   #376
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 PM   #377
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That can't actually be constitutional though, can it?
I would imagine so, but with Gorsuch likely being confirmed, the SCOTUS will already have a conservative majority, and god forbid RBG steps down or passes away while Trump is in office, then we'll have a 6-3 conservative majority and who knows what might happen with Roe v. Wade challenges at that point.

This is why it was so damn important to not vote Trump. This was always why it was so damn important to not vote Trump. SCOTUS appointees affect our country for many years well after the President who appointed them has left office.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #378
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
You do understand these concepts?
Pretty sure this specific question could be asked about literally any of the discussions he's started in this thread. And the answer would always be no.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:17 PM   #379
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's insane how politicized the judiciary is in the US. Do many people even know who nominated the various Supreme Court justices in Canada? Just looking it up and 6 of the 9 were nominated by Harper (and another by Mulroney) but I don't think anyone ever accuses the Supreme Court of having a conservative leaning. It's sad when you have to even worry about political parties stacking the courts with ideologues.
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 12:10 AM   #380
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would imagine so, but with Gorsuch likely being confirmed, the SCOTUS will already have a conservative majority, and god forbid RBG steps down or passes away while Trump is in office, then we'll have a 6-3 conservative majority and who knows what might happen with Roe v. Wade challenges at that point.

This is why it was so damn important to not vote Trump. This was always why it was so damn important to not vote Trump. SCOTUS appointees affect our country for many years well after the President who appointed them has left office.
I don't think liberals should fear Gorsuch. In fact, I think he's relatively liberal. Dems would be silly to filibuster, but they need to play to the base so I suppose they will.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms