Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #1721
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Let's assume alcohol wasn't a factor and he was just high on oxys or something. How would a cop know and be able to barge him with impaired driving??? Does make you so tweaked out that you would clearly appear impaired? And then how could they actually prove it?
Being high on oxycontin would seem to be as dangerous as booze if not indeed more so, given it's synthetic heroin.
GreenLantern2814 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #1722
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Being high on oxycontin would seem to be as dangerous as booze if not indeed more so, given it's synthetic heroin.
Mixing medication and driving without knowing how his body would react is incredibly stupid.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #1723
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Oh I totally understand that they would impair your driving and should certainly fall under the scope of the law. I meant more the effect on physical appearance and mannerisms. Would you get so messed up that the cop could clearly tell and even then can how can they prove it (i.e. I assume there's no test). Would Tiger have just admitted it on the side of the road?
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #1724
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The mugshot pretty much says it all, obviously doped up. And it gave us the rare concurrence of the Post and Daily News having the same unseemly headline.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #1725
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

^ That could be mistaken for the frontpage of the Calgary Sun and it's corny titles.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #1726
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
That's also true. Harmon was his best coach. Same with Mickelson.
Heard some interesting stories about Tiger and Butch when I went to his golf school a couple years ago. The one that sticks out to me was Phil getting a hold of Butch and asking him to coach with Tiger again cause the game needs a good Tiger. Butch finally said to Phil that he would coach him, but it has to be come from Tiger. Sure enough Butch gets a phone call not from Tiger but his agent and Butch being who he is, told him that it isn't going to happen because it wasn't Tiger who phoned him. Butch also seemed to believe that it was his Navy Seal stuff that started his injury problems
spetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:13 AM   #1727
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A driver is much cheaper than a lawyer.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #1728
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

He'll get off with community service and charity work.

oh wait!
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #1729
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

So it looks like Woods was found asleep in his car, and blew a 0.00 on his breathalyzer.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...est-dui-charge

Quote:
According to the report, the officer said Woods "had extremely slow and slurred speech" and struggled with several roadside tasks. The report noted that the golfer changed his story about where he was going and where he was coming from.

Woods told police he was taking several prescriptions, including two painkillers. Police said Woods was "cooperative as much as possible" and that he agreed to take a breath test and a urine test. He blew a 0.00 in the breath test.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #1730
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a sad story. Not because it is Tiger, but because it appears to be yet another example of pain killers getting out of control. This, like Prince, will hopefully only highten the focus on the opioid problem in the states. Doctors have been handing out oxys like candy for a decade with little to no warning or support around their highly addictive nature. Now we have countless Americans hooked on them if they can afford them, or hooked on heroin because it's a cheaper option once the prescription runs out.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:24 PM   #1731
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

So he wasn't actually impaired and was just asleep at the wheel, and the media turned it into yet another frenzy on an easy target.

Innocent until proven guilty, folks.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #1732
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
So he wasn't actually impaired and was just asleep at the wheel, and the media turned it into yet another frenzy on an easy target.

Innocent until proven guilty, folks.
From what I read while having my morning poop, he had no alcohol in him, but he was on prescription meds.

So he could still be impaired, just not by booze.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:27 PM   #1733
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
From what I read while having my morning poop, he had no alcohol in him, but he was on prescription meds.

So he could still be impaired, just not by booze.
Even still, DUIs for sleeping in a stationary car are seriously stupid

Old 05-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #1734
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

He wasn't drunk, but he was impaired. He definitely shouldn't have been driving in the condition he apparently was in.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #1735
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Getting in a car when heavily medicated is seriously stupid. What part of that story makes you think he was capable of safely operating a motor vehicle?

Being in the driver's seat of your vehicle, whether it's moving or stationary, while high or drunk makes you a danger to society and someone who should at very least be arrested.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #1736
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I think you are missing the point. From what I have read/heard, he was asleep at the wheel in a running vehicle on the side of a road, didn't respond to officers and exhibited slurred speech.

He wasn't parked at a truck stop sleeping in the back seat because he felt a little tired.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #1737
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Getting in a car when heavily medicated is seriously stupid. What part of that story makes you think he was capable of safely operating a motor vehicle?

Being in the driver's seat of your vehicle, whether it's moving or stationary, while high or drunk makes you a danger to society and someone who should at very least be arrested.
But he wasn't driving. He was at least bring partially responsible. I'm not trying to completely absolve him but the car wasn't on and instead of putting people at risk by driving, he decided to sleep it off. The only person to get dinged for his bad decision was him

Old 05-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #1738
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
But he wasn't driving. He was at least bring partially responsible. I'm not trying to completely absolve him but the car wasn't on and instead of putting people at risk by driving, he decided to sleep it off. The only person to get dinged for his bad decision was him
I don't know about Florida, but around here the cops are within their rights to run you in if they think you're under the influence, even in a parked car. As a rule, don't go anywhere near driving a vehicle if you're incapacitated in any way.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #1739
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For me it depends on where the car is. Passed out in the middle of nowhere on QEII? DUI, as you had to get there somehow. Parking lot of a bar? You're free to go.

Just my 2 cents
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #1740
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can't say he wasn't driving. His signal light was on and he has his brake light on and the car was ruining
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: