Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 05-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #121
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
It just dawned on me that I haven't actually watched that video in its entirety in well over a decade, still as crazy as I remembered it. Thanks for posting this.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #122
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vicky Cornell wrote this letter to Chris.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3476788/ch...l-wife-letter/

Quote:
To My Sweet Christopher,

You were the best father, husband and son-in-law. Your patience, empathy and love always showed through.

You had always said I saved you, that you wouldn’t be alive if it were not for me. My heart gleamed to see you happy, living and motivated. Excited for life. Doing everything you could to give back. We had the time of our lives in the last decade and I’m sorry, my sweet love, that I did not see what happened to you that night. I’m sorry you were alone, and I know that was not you, my sweet Christopher. Your children know that too, so you can rest in peace.

I’m broken, but I will stand up for you and I will take care of our beautiful babies. I will think of you every minute of every day and I will fight for you. You were right when you said we are soulmates. It has been said that paths that have crossed will cross again, and I know that you will come find me, and I will be here waiting.

I love you more than anyone has ever loved anyone in the history of loving and more than anyone ever will.

Always and forever,
Your Vicky

Last edited by iggy_oi; 05-24-2017 at 10:07 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #123
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Eddie Vedder is on a solo tour. On Saturday he covered Fugazi's "I'm So Tired". It's about suicide and his rendition is very moving.

DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #124
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

In addition Vedder did the following:

changed the lyrics of the Pearl Jam song “Long Road” from “But still/Something’s missing” to “Without you/Something is missing.”

Covered Neil Young’s “The Needle and the Damage Done”

played Pearl Jam “Immortality.”

played John lennon "Imagine" that Cornell often covered but Vedder hadn't done for awhile

Quote:
At one point during the night, a fan yelled out, “I love you,” prompting a deeply personal response from Vedder.

“Thank you. I need it. We all need it,” he began. “I’m thinking of a lot of people tonight. And some in particular and their families. And I just know that healing takes time if it ever happens. It takes time, and that means you have to start somewhere. So let it be music. Let it be love and togetherness. And let it be Amsterdam.”
The second show had the following string of songs:

Man of the Hour
Unthought Unknown
Parting Ways
Off He Goes

http://loudwire.com/eddie-vedder-fir...rnell-passing/

I've seen mention on various boards that during the shows Vedder talked around the subject rather than talking about it directly and even then he seemed overwhelmed by it and close to breaking down. Might be a bit melodramatic and people reading too much into things but having seen Vedder numerous times he is often emotional during shows that it wouldn't shock me.

Last edited by ernie; 05-30-2017 at 03:24 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #125
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/entert...ogy/index.html

Increased suicidal ideation is a side effect of both Ativan and butalbitol. Side effects of butalbitol are greatly increased when taken in conjunction with antihistamine.

Sounds like Vicky had her finger on it from the very beginning.

Sad.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #126
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/entert...ogy/index.html

Increased suicidal ideation is a side effect of both Ativan and butalbitol. Side effects of butalbitol are greatly increased when taken in conjunction with antihistamine.

Sounds like Vicky had her finger on it from the very beginning.

Sad.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/...rnell-autopsy/

Daryl Davies, a professor of clinical pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy, said the drugs are a “weird combination” of uppers and downers.

“When you mix that combination or cocktail, you can have drowsiness, you could be disoriented, but it seems like a stretch that you would hang yourself,” he said.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #127
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/...rnell-autopsy/

Daryl Davies, a professor of clinical pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy, said the drugs are a “weird combination” of uppers and downers.

“When you mix that combination or cocktail, you can have drowsiness, you could be disoriented, but it seems like a stretch that you would hang yourself,” he said.
This.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #128
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been prescribed some of those medications and while I can't say that I had suicidal thoughts, they did lower my inhibitions and fear/care level considerably. If I had suicidal tendencies, I could see how they might come to fruition easier on those medications.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #129
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I have been prescribed some of those medications and while I can't say that I had suicidal thoughts, they did lower my inhibitions and fear/care level considerably. If I had suicidal tendencies, I could see how they might come to fruition easier on those medications.
It's similar to alcohol in effect. It works on GABA channels, so sedation and decreased anxiety are it's main effect. To blame a suicide on a side effect of Ativan is like blaming obesity on McDonald's.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 06:03 PM   #130
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
It's similar to alcohol in effect. It works on GABA channels, so sedation and decreased anxiety are it's main effect. To blame a suicide on a side effect of Ativan is like blaming obesity on McDonald's.
Who is blaming? I certainly wasn't. Just suggesting the ill advised mixing and increased dosage of Ativan might have contributed.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:10 PM   #131
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Who is blaming? I certainly wasn't. Just suggesting the ill advised mixing and increased dosage of Ativan might have contributed.
Sorry. I was adding to your comment, not arguing against it
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #132
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Here's Vedder talking about Cornell at a concert tonight. People deal differently with losing loved ones. I get why Cornell's mom in law was lashing out at him on twitter, but I also understand Vedder's way of dealing with it too.

Quote:
Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate these days. I was thinking about the history of this building and the Bowie history. So I started to think about that and my mind began to wander. It’s not a good…

So I haven’t really been talking about some things and I kind of… now it feels like it’s conspicuous because I lost a really close friend of mine, somebody who…

I’ll say this too, I grew up as four boys, four brothers, and I lost my brother two years ago tragically like that in an accident. After that and losing a few other people, I’m not good at it, meaning I’m not…I have not been willing to accept the reality and that’s just how I’m dealing with it.

So I want to be there for the family, be there for the community, be there for my brothers in my band, certainly the brothers in his band. But these things will take time, but my friend is going to be gone forever and I will just have to…

These things take time and I just want to send this out to everyone who was affected by it, and they all back home and here appreciate it so deeply, the support and the good thoughts of a man who was a … he wasn’t just a friend, he was someone I looked up to like my older brother.

About two days after the news, I think it was the second night, we were sleeping in this little cabin near the water, a place he would’ve loved. And all these memories started coming in about 1:30AM, like woke me up. Like big memories, memories I would think about all the time. Like the memories were big muscles.

And then I couldn’t stop the memories. And trying to sleep, it was like if the neighbors had the music playing and you couldn’t stop it. But then it was fine, because then it got into little memories. It just kept going and going and going. And I realized how lucky I was to have hours worth of…you know, if each of these memories was quick, and I had hours of them. How fortunate was I? And I didn’t want to be sad, I wanted to be grateful, not sad. I’m still thinking about those memories, and I will live with those memories in my heart and I will love him forever.
http://sixxsense.iheart.com/articles...bout-15892003/
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #133
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^^Even as just a lifelong fan, Chris Cornell's passing still hurts and I still think about it on a daily basis. How it happened and the shock associated with how unexpected it was only adds to the spectrum of emotions surrounding this loss. I can't even imagine how hard this would be for someone who was as close to him as Eddie Vedder was.