Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #1121
Spuds_Buckley
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Sundre Golf Club! No question about it. Awesome course.
Well just to confuse things I'll say the same about Coyote Creek. I would play there over Sundre.
Spuds_Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #1122
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileMind View Post
Since slow play is being discussed here.Delacour.4:09 time.A twosome carting ahead of us,a foursome ahead of them.Nobody behind us.Stopped at the turn and drank 2 beer in the clubhouse.I told my 150lb long ball partner,that if we caught them again to hit into them.He put it thru 16 on his second shot while they were still on.No sign of the foursome ahead of them.
******* brutal. Great way to get yourself banned from a course, too.

If you have somewhere to be, don't go play golf.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #1123
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningYears View Post
Things are just piling up for Mr. Woods.

Police: Tiger Woods Arrested in Florida for DUI

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-w...ui-in-florida/
His life is headed down a dark hole. I have my doubts he'll pull himself out and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he took his life sometime in the future. He is one screwed up person who needs help.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #1124
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

We did 7:30 at coyote creek and 1:30 at sundre gc last July. Both are great, I was so impressed with the condition coyote creek was in, and sundre is just a solid track.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 PM   #1125
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never played Coyote Creek, but Sundre, while a great layout and design, is pretty punishing if you're not hitting the ball straight. Now it's not a very long course so going with 3W most of the way should work, but yeah lots of of trees so if you aren't a straight hitter it could be a very long round.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #1126
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
His life is headed down a dark hole. I have my doubts he'll pull himself out and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he took his life sometime in the future. He is one screwed up person who needs help.
That's a big jump from having a few issues to killing himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #1127
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
That's a big jump from having a few issues to killing himself.
Not really. If you read the ESPN article you get a clearer picture of where his life is heading.

Quote:
He worries that Tiger is so haunted by his public shaming that he obsesses over it, perhaps sitting up in the middle of the night reading all the things people write and say about him.

"Rabbit Ears," Michael calls him sometimes.

He hears everything. For Tiger, this dwelling on old mistakes is a path to madness. Nothing can take him back to 2006 and give him a second chance. "That bothers him more than anything," Jordan says. "It looms. It's in his mind. It's a ship he can't right and he's never going to. What can you do? The thing is about T-Dub, he cannot erase. That's what he really wants. He wants to erase the things that happened."

Slowly, year by year, Tiger's name will not be spoken in the same way and with the same frequency. Without a new passion, Tiger just might sit down there in his enormous, empty mansion and slowly go insane. Jordan's post-retirement salvation came because he and his longtime girlfriend, Yvette Prieto, got married. Now they have twins, and he's created a life for himself, something to occupy his time and his thoughts. They are happy together, and more than once Jordan has told Tiger he needs to allow someone new into his circle, to build a new life with a new person and, along the way, find some new perspective about the journey that brought him here.

"He has ..." Jordan says, and he pauses, searching for the right word, "... no companion. He has to find that happiness within his life, that's the thing that worries me. I don't know if he can find that type of happiness. He's gonna have to trust somebody."
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...rl-woods-death
Old 05-29-2017, 09:27 PM   #1128
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not really. If you read the ESPN article you get a clearer picture of where his life is heading.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...rl-woods-death
It's been a year since that article, maybe they need to update it so you can speculate on when someone may or may not kill themself? Keep it classy.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:32 PM   #1129
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
It's been a year since that article, maybe they need to update it so you can speculate on when someone may or may not kill themself? Keep it classy.
I base my opinon on more than just that article. You disagree and that's fine.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #1130
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I base my opinon on more than just that article. You disagree and that's fine.
Actually I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm saying it's pretty low to be commenting that you think someone is going to commit suicide one day. What's the point of that? So you can bump it later and pat yourself on the back?

The guy is a human being with some issues, have a little class.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #1131
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Actually I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm saying it's pretty low to be commenting that you think someone is going to commit suicide one day. What's the point of that? So you can bump it later and pat yourself on the back?

The guy is a human being with some issues, have a little class.
Are you for real? You make it sound like i'm hoping it happens.

Of course he has problems and I hope he's able to turn his life around. I just see things in his life that don't leave me with a positive feeling.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #1132
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I read the article when it came out. It doesn't say anything about him killing himself. Nothing about what you quoted suggests he'll kill himself. It's s terrible thing for you to suggest. He's nowhere near as popular or happy as he was when he was winning golf tournaments. To say he's becoming suicidal is a giant leap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #1133
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I read the article when it came out. It doesn't say anything about him killing himself. Nothing about what you quoted suggests he'll kill himself. It's s terrible thing for you to suggest. He's nowhere near as popular or happy as he was when he was winning golf tournaments. To say he's becoming suicidal is a giant leap.
You and I have different views of Tiger and where his life is heading.

I also read Hank Haney's book on Tiger and it highlights his ongoing personal problems and who he is as a person and how he interacts with others. His regrets, his lack of trust in people to a point where he's paranoid. Tiger has a lot on his plate and the trend in his life since his father died has not been good. A slow downward spiral.

It would be terrible if I wanted him to take his life but I don't. I don't feel hopeful about his turning his life around which is why I worry.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #1134
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You and I have different views of Tiger and where his life is heading.

I also read Hank Haney's book on Tiger and it highlights his ongoing personal problems and who he is as a person and how he interacts with others. His regrets, his lack of trust in people to a point where he's paranoid. Tiger has a lot on his plate and the trend in his life since his father died has not been good. A slow downward spiral.

It would be terrible if I wanted him to take his life but I don't. I don't feel hopeful about his turning his life around which is why I worry.
Well you clearly know what you're talking about then, you've read a book and an article about the guy. I'm sorry I questioned you, you're obviously more in the know that I thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #1135
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

River's Edge just punched and top dressed their greens. Might want to give it a week or so before heading that way.

The rest of the course is in amazing shape.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #1136
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just wrapped up what has become an annual golf trip in Invermere.

Played Grey Wolf, Riverside, Springs, and Eagle Ranch. We usually do this trip Thursday-Friday but decided this year to do Sun-Mon-Tues. Definitely worth it to go early week vs late week not just for green fee discounts but we had the courses pretty much to ourselves.

I've been playing golf in the valley for 10 plus years and was a bit ashamed to say that I never played Eagle Ranch. Finally checked it off and must say I was pretty impressed with the golf course. Extremely well maintained.
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2ArmBands For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #1137
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sounds awesome. All great courses. Just did our annual trip over May long to the flathead valley, but we fit in 4 rounds over 4 days. This year was Northern Pines, Whitefish north and south, and meadowlake. Northern Pines (formerly big mountain) was surprisingly in the best shape.

Im pretty confident in saying that some of the courses in the whitefish/kalispell area (particularly whitefish lakes) have a hate on for Canadians. We were treated like absolute crap at whitefish lakes and no reason for it. I started a conversation with one of the employees about it and can understand why I guess. The Canadian long weekends are a gong show at the courses down there- mostly dudes in their 20s and 30s, a lot of bro types in party mode.

Anyway, still love the area, but we might consider Invermere or something next year instead.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 06-06-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #1138
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ArmBands View Post
I've been playing golf in the valley for 10 plus years and was a bit ashamed to say that I never played Eagle Ranch. Finally checked it off and must say I was pretty impressed with the golf course. Extremely well maintained.
Absolutely beautiful course. Weekend rates are almost crazy though.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #1139
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

How was Whitefish GC? I'm headed there on Friday. Might try Northern Pines this time to change it up.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #1140
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've started to see my game turn around the last few rounds. Started off the year quite horribly. Shot 51 a few weeks ago on 9 which hasn't happened in probably 5 years.

Shot 87 at Blue Devil, 87 at Banff Springs and then 38 (with a triple bogey!) on the front 9 at Lynx Ridge yesterday. My average score the last two years is just under 85.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow