Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #81
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
It is not an issue of wanting to die. It is not an issue of not enjoying life. It is looking at the facts, and feeling embarrassed, that I am part of the problem. Just because my existence in the big picture, is insignificant, and damaging, doesn't mean I want to go stick a shotgun under my chin. But no scientist, on the face of this earth, would claim humanity is beneficial to the ecology of this planet. Anything good we are doing, is to correct massive damage we caused in the past.
Maybe not, but they do see the value of humanity in other ways. Here's a slightly different perspective that maybe will move you to a slightly happier space regarding humanity and our role.

This makes me want to continue living on this planet.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #82
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
For those of you that missed it, the phrase "Space looks boring" was said in this thread.
Good observation. Within the last few weeks I've just seen Moon and Gravity. In Moon you have a guy that's so bored out of his mind on the moon he grows plants in food containers and carves little communities out of wood and in Gravity you have the solitude of being lost in space. With our current technology that's the reality of space for us at the present time being cooped up inside a space station or ship as we aren't remotely close to Star Trek type space exploration. Give me the USS Enterprise and I'm all aboard.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #83
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd give just about anything to be cooped up on the ISS for a period of time. They'd never get me out of the cupola.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #84
Keselke
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Is it really?

There are already over 10 times the sustainable amount of humans for this planet. And we have poisoned every single corner of it. We have wiped countless species out for 'magical' get big dick pills for the Chinese, and are destroying our Oceans with pollution and by wiping out apex predators so someone can impress their neighbours with a bowl of garbage soup with some sort of narcissistic 'look at me and what I can afford' gesture.

It is a fact that this planet would be better off without humanity. By any definition we are a plague or a cancer to this planet. Nothing good has come from humanity for anyone else besides humans. And as much as some stupid religious Zealots may think, it was never designed as humanities playground. Like everyone else I drive cars, and probably don't recycle enough, etc.... I am as guilty as anyone, but humanity deserves to be wiped out with how brutally we have abused this incredible planet.

The sooner the human race dies off, the better. If you consider the big picture.
Source on sustainability?

I am so fulfilled with many things in my life that it would be pathetic to seek schadenfreude over something as silly as a sports game.
Keselke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #85
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
What an annoying thread to read. Good idea Hockey_Ninja, but terrible posts in this thread from "fat shaming"? to pylon snapping for no reason, and making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe you pylon should relax and think before you want to wipe out the earth.

And yes I am aware I don't have to read but I was fascinated with the thread until it was ruined by a few posters blowing things out of proportion.

To be fair The Thread is tittled "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" - its kind of over the top in itself...

Thread is titled "I don't wan't to Live on This Planet Anymore"

Pylon agrees and everyone loses their minds!

And if you think the nation of China's appetite for Ivory, Rhinoceros Horns and Shark Fins isn't a problem we should care about that might fit the description - in the sense its such a big problem and so hard to fix making it very discouraging... Then I don't think I have much to say to you that would be polite.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #86
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #87
Handsome B. Wonderful
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If you break everything down to the bare facts, the elimination of humanity would be better for the planet. That is a fact, not a ridiculous statement. It may not be better for humanity, but the planet as a whole, would thrive.
If you break everything down to bare facts, the planet is a large chunk of rock and metal orbiting a giant ball of fusion. Whether or not people live on it has no bearing on the endurance on that chunk of rock and metal, and it will likely cease to be when the giant ball of fusion expands and overwhelms it.

I suggest you stop anthropomorphizing that large chunk of rock and metal.
Handsome B. Wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Handsome B. Wonderful For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #88
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, I am not touching this thread with a 10 foot poll.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #89
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
NYPD cops confused Jolly Rancher candies for crystal meth: suit

Love Olantunjiojo, 25, was detained for around 24 hours after police found the sweets on him and a friend, the lawsuit says. The results from the NYPD lab found the red and blue 'crystalline rocks of solid material' were not a controlled substance, but Jolly Ranchers, the suit alleges.

This just seems bizarre
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #90
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Is it really?

There are already over 10 times the sustainable amount of humans for this planet. And we have poisoned every single corner of it. We have wiped countless species out for 'magical' get big dick pills for the Chinese, and are destroying our Oceans with pollution and by wiping out apex predators so someone can impress their neighbours with a bowl of garbage soup with some sort of narcissistic 'look at me and what I can afford' gesture.

It is a fact that this planet would be better off without humanity. By any definition we are a plague or a cancer to this planet. Nothing good has come from humanity for anyone else besides humans. And as much as some stupid religious Zealots may think, it was never designed as humanities playground. Like everyone else I drive cars, and probably don't recycle enough, etc.... I am as guilty as anyone, but humanity deserves to be wiped out with how brutally we have abused this incredible planet.

The sooner the human race dies off, the better. If you consider the big picture.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #91
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found one:

Songwriter Spends Life Savings on Surgeries to Look Like Justin Bieber

Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #92
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ we have a winner.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 AM   #93
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
To be fair the fat shaming was my fault. I have nothing against fat people, It just boggles my mind that some of them want to gorge themselves willingly without any concern of their health.
If I remember right you're a teenager?
I'll see you in 30 years and see if you're still the picture of health.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #94
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you break everything down to the bare facts, the elimination of humanity would be better for the planet. That is a fact, not a ridiculous statement. It may not be better for humanity, but the planet as a whole, would thrive.
The planet will evolve and thrive regardless of human activity.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #95
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
If you break everything down to bare facts, the planet is a large chunk of rock and metal orbiting a giant ball of fusion. Whether or not people live on it has no bearing on the endurance on that chunk of rock and metal, and it will likely cease to be when the giant ball of fusion expands and overwhelms it.

I suggest you stop anthropomorphizing that large chunk of rock and metal.
whoa Whoa! ... I'm going to stop taking the "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" thread quite as seriously, some ass hat just came in and made it all too real for me.

Raised my heart rate, I sweated a little... no more of that #####.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #96
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

After reading how south this thread went:

doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #97
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Wow, I am not touching this thread with a 10 foot poll.
haha I've been dying to say hey, why do you care about the rhinoceros, but not the chicken, etc but oh boy we already know what happens when we go there
Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #98
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
NYPD cops confused Jolly Rancher candies for crystal meth: suit

Love Olantunjiojo, 25, was detained for around 24 hours after police found the sweets on him and a friend, the lawsuit says. The results from the NYPD lab found the red and blue 'crystalline rocks of solid material' were not a controlled substance, but Jolly Ranchers, the suit alleges.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2i7D22VkY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
This just seems bizarre
I deduced he is a young black man from his name, and thus found it not bizarre at all.

"Officer, these are just Jolly Ranchers! They're only dangerous for being so delicious! Try one!"

"Shut it, thug. Did you think hiding your meth in a candy box would fool us?"
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #99
Baaarrden
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this belongs here or not:

Quote:
CNN and other internet sources have uncovered a souvenir scheme in China that seems like a sick joke, but isn’t. Live animals—turtles, fish, lizards and other amphibians—are being trapped in tiny plastic bags and sold as decorative key chains. Vendors claim that the bag contains crystallized oxygen and nutrients designed to keep the animals alive, but in reality, most die within a day or less due to oxygen deprivation.

If you want to sign the petition, here is the link

http://inhabitat.com/live-animals-tr...uvenir-scheme/
Baaarrden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #100
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaarrden View Post
Not sure if this belongs here or not:

If you want to sign the petition, here is the link

http://inhabitat.com/live-animals-tr...uvenir-scheme/