Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #162
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
As many have said, one way or two way mean nothing about waivers, but if Ortio would have to clear next year it's fair to suggest its going to create an interesting situation on the back end.
one way/two way indeed means nothing about waivers, but Ortio will have to clear next season nevertheless because it's going to be his 5th contract year and he's only waiver exempt for his first 4 years or 72 NHL games, whatever comes to an end first. However I think it's far too early to think about that ... I mean if you had to waive Ortio right now, would anybody claim him? No. Maybe if he plays lights out for the rest of the season and has a great camp, then yes, but even then we're talking about a goalie who doesn't have a lot of NHL experience. If you waive him at the last possible day ahead of the season when teams are already pretty much set, I doubt he gets claimed.

nothing against Ortio, but personally I hope they extend Ramos contract long-term and go with Ramo/Hiller for another year. Having two guys who are capable of being the #1 is a great problem to have ... especially in comparison to the goaltending situation we had in the last two seasons. I'm comfortable with either one of the two and that's something I have never experienced as a Flames fan before.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #163
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Ortio would really have to up his game to be claimed on waivers at the start of next year. Every year teams waive guys who get thru because everyone else is in the same situation. Adding a guy via waivers is often more difficult than making a trade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #164
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I'd gladly see the Flames take on L Schenn, in order to acquire B Schenn.
I would love to add the Schenn bros to the flames. I think they would bring much needed size to really battle with the big boys in the west. Engellend or Smid would need to be cast aside as Luke is nothing more than a bottom pairing pylon. Brayden could slide on the Monahan line or center another line.

I just don't see the Flames moving the pieces Philly would want. I would assume they want a top 4 D in return and I don't see Wideman waiving. Glencross also would fit but he won't waive. Hudler and Russell are too important.

We have prospects we can package like Sven, Reinhart, Knight, Hanowski, Agostino, but not much value there.

Both Schenns and Vinny/Umberger for Sven, Jones and Smid with the flames eating some salary? Not sure there is a deal to be made there
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote